- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 371503, 9 pages
Pathogenesis of Helicobacter pylori-Related Gastroduodenal Diseases from Molecular Epidemiological Studies
1Department of Environmental and Preventive Medicine, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, 1-1 Idaigaoka, Hasama-machi,
Yufu-City, Oita 879-5593, Japan
2Department of Medicine-Gastroenterology, Baylor College of Medicine and Michael E. Debakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Received 16 March 2012; Accepted 27 April 2012
Academic Editor: Ping-I Hsu
Copyright © 2012 Yoshio Yamaoka. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ri-Nan Zheng, Shu-Rong Li, and Asaka Masahiro, “Helicobacter pylori CagA and gastric carcinogenesis,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 6305–6310, 2012.
- Ming-yi Wang, Cheng Chen, Xiao-zhong Gao, Jie Li, Jing Yue, Feng Ling, Xiao-chun Wang, and Shi-he Shao, “Distribution of Helicobacter pylori virulence markers in patients with gastroduodenal diseases in a region at high risk of gastric cancer,” Microbial Pathogenesis, vol. 59-60, pp. 13–18, 2013.
- Rupa Banerjee, D. Nageshwar Reddy, Masashi Mizokami, Naomi Uemura, Tomohisa Uchida, Masao Kobayakawa, Naoki Asayama, Junichi Akiyama, Takuro Shimbo, Toru Igari, Keiichi Fujiya, and Naoyoshi Nagata, “Different Gastric Mucosa and CagA Status of Patients in India and Japan Infected with Helicobacter pylori,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 631–637, 2013.
- Jingwei Liu, Caiyun He, Moye Chen, Zhenning Wang, Chengzhong Xing, and Yuan Yuan, “Association of presence/absence and on/off patterns of Helicobacter pylori oipA gene with peptic ulcer disease and gastric cancer risks: a meta-analysis,” Bmc Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, 2013.
- Chih-Ho Lai, Chin-Lin Perng, Keng-Hsin Lan, and Hwai-Jeng Lin, “Association of IS605 and cag-PAI of Helicobacter pylori Isolated from Patients with Gastrointestinal Diseases in Taiwan,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2013, pp. 1–5, 2013.
- Keila Torres, Elvis Valderrama, Marjorie Sayegh, José Luis Ramírez, and Miguel Angel Chiurillo, “Study of the oipA genetic diversity and EPIYA motif patterns in cagA-positive Helicobacter pylori strains from Venezuelan patients with chronic gastritis,” Microbial Pathogenesis, 2014.
- Amin Talebi Bezmin Abadi, Ruud J.L.F. Loffeld, Ashandra C. Constancia, Jaap A. Wagenaar, and Johannes G. Kusters, “Detection of the Helicobacter pylori dupA gene is strongly affected by the PCR design,” Journal of Microbiological Methods, 2014.
- Jinyong Zhang, Jiajun Qian, Xiaoli Zhang, and Quanming Zou, “Outer membrane inflammatory protein A, a new virulence factor involved in the pathogenesis of Helicobacter pylori,” Molecular Biology Reports, 2014.
- Matjaž Homan, Anja Šterbenc, Boštjan J. Kocjan, Boštjan Luzar, Nina Zidar, Rok Orel, and Mario Poljak, “Prevalence of the Helicobacter pylori babA2 gene and correlation with the degree of gastritis in infected Slovenian children,” Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, 2014.
- Krisztina Hagymasi, and Zsolt Tulassay, “Helicobacter pylori infection: New pathogenetic and clinical aspects,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 21, pp. 6386–6399, 2014.
- K. Satou, A. Shiroma, K. Teruya, M. Shimoji, K. Nakano, A. Juan, H. Tamotsu, Y. Terabayashi, M. Aoyama, M. Teruya, R. Suzuki, M. Matsuda, A. Sekine, N. Kinjo, F. Kinjo, Y. Yamaoka, and T. Hirano, “Complete Genome Sequences of Eight Helicobacter pylori Strains with Different Virulence Factor Genotypes and Methylation Profiles, Isolated from Patients with Diverse Gastrointestinal Diseases on Okinawa Island, Japan, Determined Using PacBio Single-Molecule Real-Time Technology,” Genome Announcements, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. e00286-14–e00286-14, 2014.
- Weendelly Nayara Pereira, Mariane Avante Ferraz, Luanna Munhoz Zabaglia, Roger William de Labio, Wilson Aparecido Orcini, Joao Paulo Bianchi Ximenez, Agostinho Caleman Neto, Spencer Luiz Marques Payao, and Lucas Trevizani Rasmussen, “Association among H. pylori virulence markers dupA, cagA and vacA in Brazilian patients,” Journal of Venomous Animals and Toxins Including Tropical Diseases, vol. 20, 2014.
- Emad Yahaghi, Faham Khamesipour, Fatemeh Mashayekhi, Farhad Safarpoor Dehkordi, Mohammad Hossein Sakhaei, Mojtaba Masoudimanesh, and Maryam Khayyat Khameneie, “ Helicobacter pylori in Vegetables and Salads: Genotyping and Antimicrobial Resistance Properties ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Amin Talebi Bezmin Abadi, and Ashraf Mohabbati Mobarez, “High Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori hopQ II Genotype Isolated from Iranian Patients with Gastroduodenal Disorders,” Journal of Pathogens, vol. 2014, pp. 1–4, 2014.