- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 389269, 5 pages
Utility of the Anterior Oblique-Viewing Endoscope and the Double-Balloon Enteroscope for Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography in Patients with Billroth II Gastrectomy
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Yamaguchi University, 1-1-1 Minami-Kogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755-8505, Japan
Received 19 July 2012; Revised 4 September 2012; Accepted 4 September 2012
Academic Editor: Sergio Morini
Copyright © 2012 Manabu Sen-yo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Yamamoto, T. Yano, H. Kita et al., “New system of double-balloon enteroscopy for diagnosis and treatment of small intestinal disorders,” Gastroenterology, vol. 125, no. 5, pp. 1556–1557, 2003.
- M. Shimatani, M. Matsushita, M. Takaoka et al., “Effective short double-balloon enteroscope for diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP in patients with altered gastrointestinal anatomy: a large case series,” Endoscopy, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 849–854, 2009.
- Y. C. Chu, C. C. Yang, Y. H. Yeh, C. H. Chen, and S. K. Yueh, “Double-balloon enteroscopy application in biliary tract disease-its therapeutic and diagnostic functions,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 585–591, 2008.
- C. H. Lin, J. H. Tang, C. L. Cheng et al., “Double balloon endoscopy increases the ercp success rate in patients with a history of billroth II gastrectomy,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 16, no. 36, pp. 4594–4598, 2010.
- S. Cho, P. Kamalaporn, G. Kandel, P. Kortan, N. Marcon, and G. May, “'Short' double-balloon enteroscope for endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in patients with a surgically altered upper gastrointestinal tract,” Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 615–619, 2011.
- A. May, L. Nachbar, and C. Ell, “Double-balloon enteroscopy (push-and-pull enteroscopy) of the small bowel: feasibility and diagnostic and therapeutic yield in patients with suspected small bowel disease,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 62–70, 2005.
- M. Kikuyama, Y. Matsubayashi, F. Kageyama, S. Sumiyoshi, and Y. Kobayashi, “Oblique-viewing endoscope facilitates endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and associated procedures in post-billroth ii gastrectomy patients,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 9–12, 2005.
- K. Nakahara, J. Horaguchi, N. Fujita et al., “Therapeutic endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography using an anterior oblique-viewing endoscope for bile duct stones in patients with prior Billroth II gastrectomy,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 212–217, 2009.
- P. B. Cotton, G. Lehman, J. Vennes et al., “Endoscopic sphincterotomy complications and their management: an attempt at consensus,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 383–393, 1991.
- K. C. Kang, G. S. Cho, S. U. Han et al., “Comparison of Billroth I and Billroth II reconstructions after laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy: a retrospective analysis of large-scale multicenter results from Korea,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 25, pp. 1953–1961, 2010.
- G. Piessen, J. P. Triboulet, and C. Mariette, “Reconstruction after gastrectomy: which technique is best?” Journal of Visceral Surgery, vol. 147, no. 5, pp. e273–283, 2010.
- J. J. Mezhir, M. Gonen, J. B. Ammori, V. E. Strong, M. F. Brennan, and D. G. Coit, “Treatment and outcome of patients with gastric remnant cancer after resection for peptic ulcer disease,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 670–676, 2011.
- J. M. V. Faylona, A. Qadir, A. C. W. Chan, J. Y. W. Lau, and S. C. S. Chung, “Small-bowel perforations related to endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) in patients with Billroth II gastrectomy,” Endoscopy, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 546–549, 1999.
- C. K. Hui, K. C. Lai, M. F. Yuen, and S. K. Lam, “Tension pneumothorax complicating ERCP in a patient with a Billroth II gastrectomy,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 254–256, 2001.
- R. E. Hintze, W. Veltzke, A. Adler, and H. Abou-Rebyeh, “Endoscopic sphincterotomy using an S-shaped sphincterotome in patients with a Billroth II or Roux-en-Y gastrojejunostomy,” Endoscopy, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 74–78, 1997.
- M. H. Kim, S. K. Lee, M. H. Lee et al., “Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and needle-knife sphincterotomy in patients with Billroth II gastrectomy: a comparative study of the forward-viewing endoscope and the side-viewing duodenoscope,” Endoscopy, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 82–85, 1997.
- K. Dolay and A. Soylu, “Easy sphincterotomy in patients with Billroth II gastrectomy: a new technique,” Turkish Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 109–113, 2008.
- J. J. G. H. M. Bergman, A. M. Van Berkel, M. J. Bruno et al., “A randomized trial of endoscopic balloon dilation and endoscopic sphincterotomy for removal of bile duct stones in patients with a prior Billroth II gastrectomy,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 19–26, 2001.