- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 454717, 5 pages
A Review on the Use of Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy in the Bile Duct
1Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
2Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
3Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Received 12 January 2012; Accepted 28 February 2012
Academic Editor: A. Castells
Copyright © 2012 Ioana Smith et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. K. Shieh, H. Drumm, M. H. Nathanson, and P. A. Jamidar, “High-definition confocal endomicroscopy of the common bile Duct,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. In press.
- J. J. Bennett and R. H. Green, “Malignant masquerade: dilemmas in diagnosing biliary obstruction,” Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 207–214, 2009.
- M. B. Wallace and P. Fockens, “Probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy,” Gastroenterology, vol. 136, no. 5, pp. 1509–1513, 2009.
- C. S. Loeser, M. E. Robert, A. Mennone, M. H. Nathanson, and P. Jamidar, “Confocal endomicroscopic examination of malignant biliary strictures and histologic correlation with lymphatics,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 246–252, 2011.
- A. Meining, E. Frimberger, V. Becker, et al., “Detection of cholangiocarcinoma in vivo using miniprobe-based confocal fluorescencemicroscopy,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 1057–1060, 2008.
- M. O. Othman and M. B. Wallace, “Confocal laser endomicroscopy: is it prime time?” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 205–206, 2011.
- R. Kiesslich, J. Burg, M. Vieth et al., “Confocal laser endoscopy for diagnosing intraepithelial neoplasias and colorectal cancer in vivo,” Gastroenterology, vol. 127, no. 3, pp. 706–713, 2004.
- K. Papaxoinis, E. Patsouris, P. Athanassiadou, and P. Nicolopoulou-Stamati, “Contribution of nuclear morphometry by confocal laser scanning microscopy to the diagnosis of malignant bile duct strictures,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 137–143, 2009.
- A. Meining, Y. K. Chen, D. Pleskow et al., “Direct visualization of indeterminate pancreaticobiliary strictures with probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy: a multicenter experience,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 961–968, 2011.
- L. E. Moreno Luna, B. Kipp, K. C. Halling et al., “Advanced cytologic techniques for the detection of malignant pancreatobiliary strictures,” Gastroenterology, vol. 131, no. 4, pp. 1064–1072, 2006.
- G. C. Harewood, “Endoscopic tissue diagnosis of cholangiocarcinoma,” Current Opinion in Gastroenterology, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 627–630, 2008.
- S. Iqbal and P. D. Stevens, “Cholangiopancreatoscopy for targeted biopsies of the bile and pancreatic ducts,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 567–577, 2009.
- K. N. Lazaridis and G. J. Gores, “Cholangiocarcinoma,” Gastroenterology, vol. 128, no. 6, pp. 1655–1667, 2005.
- S. A. Khan, H. C. Thomas, B. R. Davidson, and S. D. Taylor-Robinson, “Cholangiocarcinoma,” The Lancet, vol. 366, no. 9493, pp. 1303–1314, 2005.
- S. Gaddam, S. C. Mathur, M. Singh, et al., “Novel probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy criteria and interobserver agreement for the detection of dysplasia in Barrett's esophagus,” The American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 106, pp. 1961–1969, 2011.
- M. Giovannini, E. Bories, G. Monges, C. Pesenti, F. Caillol, and J. R. Delpero, “Results of a phase I-II study on intraductal confocal microscopy (IDCM) in patients with common bile duct (CBD) stenosis,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 2247–2253, 2011.
- A. Meining, “Confocal endomicroscopy,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 629–635, 2009.
- A. Meining, Y. K. Chen, D. Pleskow et al., “Direct visualization of indeterminate pancreaticobiliary strictures with probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy: a multicenter experience,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 251–257, 2012.
- A. Thelen, A. Scholz, C. Benckert et al., “Tumor-associated lymphangiogenesis correlates with lymph node metastases and prognosis in hilar cholangiocarcinoma,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 791–799, 2008.
- S. P. Hee, J. M. Lee, J. Y. Choi et al., “Preoperative evaluation of bile duct cancer: MRI combined with MR cholangiopancreatography versus MDCT with direct cholangiography,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 396–405, 2008.