- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 474907, 8 pages
Ion Chromatography Based Urine Amino Acid Profiling Applied for Diagnosis of Gastric Cancer
1Department of Gastroenterology, Shanghai Sixth People's Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200233, China
2Medical College, Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu 215213, China
3Department of Gastroenterology, Shanghai East Hospital, Tongji University, Shanghai 200120, China
Received 13 April 2012; Accepted 8 May 2012
Academic Editor: Richard Ricachenevski Gurski
Copyright © 2012 Jing Fan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jemal, R. Siegel, E. Ward, Y. Hao, J. Xu, and M. J. Thun, “Cancer statistics,” CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 59, pp. 225–249, 2009.
- W. K. Leung, M. S. Wu, Y. Kakugawa et al., “Screening for gastric cancer in Asia: current evidence and practice,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 279–287, 2008.
- H. Wu, R. Xue, Z. Tang et al., “Metabolomic investigation of gastric cancer tissue using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 396, no. 4, pp. 1385–1395, 2010.
- J. L. Chen, H. Q. Tang, J. D. Hu, J. Fan, J. Hong, and J. Z. Gu, “Metabolomics of gastric cancer metastasis detected by gas chromatography and mass spectrometry,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 16, no. 46, pp. 5874–5880, 2010.
- D. Marrelli and F. Roviello, “Prognostic score in gastric cancer patients,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 362–364, 2007.
- W. Yasui, N. Oue, P. A. Phyu, S. Matsumura, M. Shutoh, and H. Nakayama, “Molecular-pathological prognostic factors of gastric cancer: a review,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 86–94, 2005.
- J. S. Macdonald, “Gastric cancer—new therapeutic options,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 355, pp. 76–77, 2006.
- D. Cunningham and J. C. Yu, “East meets west in the treatment of gastric cancer,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 357, no. 18, pp. 1863–1865, 2007.
- L. Rajdev, “Treatment options for surgically resectable gastric cancer,” Current Treatment Options in Oncology, vol. 11, pp. 14–23, 2010.
- M. Yilmaz and G. Christofori, “Mechanisms of motility in metastasizing cells,” Molecular Cancer Research, vol. 8, pp. 629–642, 2010.
- E. C. Y. Chan, P. K. Koh, M. Mal et al., “Metabolic profiling of human colorectal cancer using high-resolution magic angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance (HR-MAS NMR) spectroscopy and gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS),” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 352–361, 2009.
- J. D. Hu, H. Q. Tang, Q. Zhang et al., “Prediction of gastric cancer metastasis through urinary metabolomic investigation using GC/MS,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 727–734, 2011.
- A. Leerapun, S. V. Suravarapu, J. P. Bida et al., “The utility of lens culinaris agglutinin-reactive α-fetoprotein in the diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma: evaluation in a United States referral population,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 394–402, 2007.
- J. Y. Wang, C. Y. Lu, K. S. Chu, et al., “Prognostic significance of pre- and postoperative serum carcinoembryonic antigen levels in patients with colorectal cancer,” European Surgical Research, vol. 39, pp. 245–250, 2007.
- K. Hotta, K. Kiura, M. Tabata et al., “Role of early serial change in serum carcinoembryonic antigen levels as a predictive marker for radiological response to gefitinib in Japanese patients with non-small cell lung cancer,” Anticancer Research, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1737–1741, 2007.
- M. H. Torosian, “Stimulation of tumor growth by nutrition support,” Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, vol. 16, p. 72, 1992.
- A. Kubota, M. M. Meguid, and D. C. Hitch, “Amino acid profiles correlate diagnostically with organ site in three kinds of malignant tumors,” Cancer, vol. 69, no. 9, pp. 2343–2348, 1992.
- M. M. Muscaritoli, M. M. Meguid, J. L. Beverly, Z. J. Yang, C. Cangıano, and A. Cascıno, “Plasma free amino acid alterations occur early during tumor growth,” Clinical Research, vol. 42, p. 343A, 1994.
- H. Yamanaka, T. Kanemaki, M. Tsuji et al., “Branched-chain amino acid-supplemented nutritional support after gastrectomy for gastric cancer with special reference to plasma amino acid profiles,” Nutrition, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 241–245, 1990.
- D. Steinhauser and J. Kopka, “Methods, applications and concepts of metabolite profiling: primary metabolism,” Experientia, vol. 97, pp. 171–194, 2007.
- D. G. Robertson, M. D. Reily, and J. D. Baker, “Metabonomics in pharmaceutical discovery and development,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 6, pp. 526–539, 2007.
- E. M. Lenz and I. D. Wilson, “Analytical strategies in metabonomics,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 6, pp. 443–458, 2007.
- C. K. Larive, “Metabonomics, metabolomics, and metabolic profiling,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 387, no. 2, p. 523, 2007.
- F. Dieterle, A. Ross, G. Schlotterbeck, and H. Senn, “Probabilistic quotient normalization as robust method to account for dilution of complex biological mixtures. Application in1H NMR metabonomics,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 78, no. 13, pp. 4281–4290, 2006.
- J. C. Lindon, E. Holmes, and J. K. Nicholson, “Metabonomics techniques and applications to pharmaceutical research & development,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1075–1088, 2006.
- J. L. Spratlin, N. J. Serkova, and S. G. Eckhardt, “Clinical applications of metabolomics in oncology: a review,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 15, pp. 431–440, 2009.
- P. A. Egner, J. D. Groopman, J. S. Wang, T. W. Kensler, and M. D. Friesen, “Quantification of aflatoxin-B1-N7-guanine in human urine by high-performance liquid chromatography and isotope dilution tandem mass spectrometry,” Chemical Research in Toxicology, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 1191–1195, 2006.
- H. Cai, D. J. Boocock, W. P. Steward, and A. J. Gescher, “Tissue distribution in mice and metabolism in murine and human liver of apigenin and tricin, flavones with putative cancer chemopreventive properties,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 257–266, 2007.
- R. Madsen, T. Lundstedt, and J. Trygg, “Chemometrics in metabolomics—a review in human disease diagnosis,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 659, pp. 23–33, 2010.
- Y. Nakayama, K. Matsumoto, Y. Inoue et al., “Correlation between the urinary dihydrouracil-uracil ratio and the 5-FU plasma concentration in patients treated with oral 5-FU analogs,” Anticancer Research, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 3983–3988, 2006.
- X. He, A. Qiao, X. Wang et al., “Structural identification of methyl protodioscin metabolites in rats' urine and their antiproliferative activities against human tumor cell lines,” Steroids, vol. 71, no. 9, pp. 828–833, 2006.
- D. Tsikas, “Quantitative analysis of biomarkers, drugs and toxins in biological samples by immunoaffinity chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry or tandem mass spectrometry: a focused review of recent applications,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 878, no. 2, pp. 133–148, 2010.
- A. Hirayama, K. Kami, M. Sugimoto et al., “Quantitative metabolome profiling of colon and stomach cancer microenvironment by capillary electrophoresis time-of-flight mass spectrometry,” Cancer Research, vol. 69, no. 11, pp. 4918–4925, 2009.
- C. M. Slupsky, H. Steed, T. H. Wells et al., “Urine metabolite analysis offers potential early diagnosis of ovarian and breast cancers,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 16, no. 23, pp. 5835–5841, 2010.
- K. Kim, S. L. Taylor, S. Ganti, L. Guo, M. V. Osier, and R. H. Weiss, “Urine metabolomic analysis identifies potential biomarkers and pathogenic pathways in kidney cancer,” Omics, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 293–303, 2011.
- B. Cavaliere, B. MacChione, M. Monteleone, A. Naccarato, G. Sindona, and A. Tagarelli, “Sarcosine as a marker in prostate cancer progression: a rapid and simple method for its quantification in human urine by solid-phase microextraction-gas chromatography-triple quadrupole mass spectrometry,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 400, no. 9, pp. 2903–2912, 2011.
- X. Liu, X. Wang, J. Zhang et al., “Warburg effect revisited: an epigenetic link between glycolysis and gastric carcinogenesis,” Oncogene, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 442–450, 2010.
- T. Jamaspishvili, M. Kral, I. Khomeriki, V. Student, Z. Kolar, and J. Bouchal, “Urine markers in monitoring for prostate cancer,” Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 12–19, 2010.