- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 483623, 10 pages
Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity, and Gastrointestinal Cancer
Department of Gastroenterology and Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750-1 Ikenobe, Miki-cho, Kita-gun, Takamatsu, Kagawa 761-0793, Japan
Received 29 June 2012; Revised 18 November 2012; Accepted 18 November 2012
Academic Editor: Dan L. Dumitrascu
Copyright © 2012 Shintaro Fujihara et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Michael B. Zemel, and Antje Bruckbauer, “Effects of a leucine and pyridoxine-containing nutraceutical on body weight and composition in obese subjects,” Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy, vol. 6, pp. 309–315, 2013.
- M M Dougan, W C Willett, and K B Michels, “Prenatal vitamin intake during pregnancy and offspring obesity,” International Journal of Obesity, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 69–74, 2013.
- Valeria Gasperi, Isabella Savini, Maria Valeria Catani, Daniela Evangelista, and Luciana Avigliano, “Obesity-Associated Oxidative Stress: Strategies Finalized to Improve Redox State,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 10497–10538, 2013.
- Santhosh Gaddikeri, Michael F. McNeeley, Carolyn L. Wang, Puneet Bhargava, Manjiri K. Dighe, Matthew M. C. Yeh, Theodore Jay Dubinsky, Orpheus Kolokythas, and Neeraj Lalwani, “Hepatocellular Carcinoma in the Noncirrhotic Liver,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 203, no. 1, pp. W34–W47, 2014.
- J.H. Kim, H.M. Chin, S.S. Hwang, and K.H. Jun, “Impact of intra-abdominal fat on surgical outcome and overall survival of patients with gastric cancer,” International Journal of Surgery, 2014.
- Takaaki Higashi, Hiromitsu Hayashi, Takayoshi Kaida, Kota Arima, Hideaki Takeyama, Katsunobu Taki, Daisuke Izumi, Ryuma Tokunaga, Keisuke Kosumi, Shigeki Nakagawa, Hirohisa Okabe, Katsunobu Imai, Hidetoshi Nitta, Daisuke Hashimoto, Akira Chikamoto, Toru Beppu, and Hideo Baba, “Prognostic Impact of Visceral Fat Amount and Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) in Hepatocellular Carcinoma,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, 2015.
- Shintaro Fujihara, Kiyohito Kato, Asahiro Morishita, Hisakazu Iwama, Tomoko Nishioka, Taiga Chiyo, Noriko Nishiyama, Hisaaki Miyoshi, Mitsuyoshi Kobayashi, Hideki Kobara, Hirohito Mori, Keiichi Okano, Yasuyuki Suzuki, and Tsutomu Masaki, “Antidiabetic drug metformin inhibits esophageal adenocarcinoma cell proliferation in vitro and in vivo,” International Journal Of Oncology, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 2172–2180, 2015.
- Peter Ian Chater, Mathew Wilcox, Paul Cherry, Andrew Herford, Suraiami Mustar, Hannah Wheater, Iain Brownlee, Chris Seal, and Jeffrey Pearson, “Inhibitory activity of extracts of Hebridean brown seaweeds on lipase activity,” Journal of Applied Phycology, 2015.
- Roger M Feakins, “Obesity and metabolic syndrome: pathological effects on the gastrointestinal tract,” Histopathology, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 630–640, 2016.