- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 521487, 10 pages
Surgical Results of Patients with Peritoneal Carcinomatosis Treated with Cytoreductive Surgery Using a New Technique Named Aqua Dissection
1NPO Organization to Support Peritoneal Surface Malignancy Treatment, 1-26, Haruki-Moto-Machi, Kishiwada, Osaka, Japan
2Department of Surgery, Kusatsu General Hospital, Shiga, Japan
3Department of Surgery, Peritoneal Surface Malignancy Center, Kishiwada Tokushukai Hospital, Kishiwada, Japan
4Department of Experimental Therapeutics, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
5Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Oita University, Oita, Japan
6Department of Oncology, Zhongnam Hospital and Cancer Center, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Received 14 January 2012; Accepted 11 March 2012
Academic Editor: Pompiliu Piso
Copyright © 2012 Y. Yonemura et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. J. Verwaal, S. van Ruth, E. de Bree et al., “Randomized trial of cytoreduction and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy versus systemic chemotherapy and palliative surgery in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 21, no. 20, pp. 3737–3743, 2003.
- V. J. Verwaal, S. Bruin, H. Boot, G. van Slooten, and H. van Tinteren, “8-Year follow-up of randomized trial: cytoreduction and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy versus systemic chemotherapy in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal cancer,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 2426–2432, 2008.
- T. D. Yan and D. L. Morris, “Cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for isolated colorectal peritoneal carcinomatosis: experimental therapy or standard of care?” Annals of Surgery, vol. 248, no. 5, pp. 829–835, 2008.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, “Epithelial appendiceal neoplasms,” Cancer Journal, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 225–235, 2009.
- Y. Yonemura, Y. Endou, M. Shinbo et al., “Safety and efficacy of bidirectional chemotherapy for treatment of patients with peritoneal dissemination from gastric cancer: selection for cytoreductive surgery,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 100, no. 4, pp. 311–316, 2009.
- T. A. Sugarbaker, D. Chang, P. Koslowe, and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Patterns of spread of recurrent intraabdominal sarcoma.,” Cancer Treatment and Research, vol. 82, pp. 65–77, 1996.
- P. Piso, P. Slowik, F. Popp, M. H. Dahlke, G. Glockzin, and H. J. Schlitt, “Safety of gastric resections during cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for peritoneal carcinomatosis,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 2188–2194, 2009.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, “Peritonectomy procedures,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 221, no. 1, pp. 29–42, 1995.
- P. Jacquet and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Clinical research methodologies in diagnosis and staging of patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis,” Cancer Treatment and Research, vol. 82, pp. 359–374, 1996.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, “Successful management of microscopic residual disease in large bowel cancer,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, vol. 43, pp. S15–S25, 1999.
- O. Glehen, F. Kwiatkowski, P. H. Sugarbaker et al., “Cytoreductive surgery combined with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for the management of peritoneal carcinomatosis from colorectal cancer: a multi-institutional study,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 22, no. 16, pp. 3284–3292, 2004.
- B. J. Moran, “Decision-making and technical factors account for the learning curve in complex surgery,” Journal of Public Health, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 375–378, 2006.
- O. Glehen, F. N. Gilly, C. Arvieux et al., “Peritoneal carcinomatosis from gastric cancer: a multi-institutional study of 159 patients treated by cytoreductive surgery combined with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 2370–2377, 2010.
- T. D. Yan, M. Links, S. Fransi et al., “Learning curve for cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for peritoneal surface malignancy—a journey to becoming a Nationally Funded Peritonectomy Center,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 2270–2280, 2007.
- R. M. Smeenk, V. J. Verwaal, and F. A. N. Zoetmulder, “Learning curve of combined modality treatment in peritoneal surface disease,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 94, no. 11, pp. 1408–1414, 2007.
- J. Esquivel, D. Elias, D. Baratti, S. Kusamura, and M. Deraco, “Consensus statement on the loco regional treatment of colorectal cancer with peritoneal dissemination,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 263–267, 2008.
- D. Elias, F. Blot, O. A. A. El Otmany, et al., “Curative treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis arising from colorectal cancer by complete resection and intraperitoneal chemotherapy,” Cancer, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 71–76, 2001.
- J. L. Koh, T. D. Yan, D. Glenn, and D. L. Morris, “Evaluation of preoperative computed tomography in estimating peritoneal cancer index in colorectal peritoneal carcinomatosis,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 327–333, 2009.