- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 560345, 6 pages
Establishment of a Standardized Liver Fibrosis Model with Different Pathological Stages in Rats
1Ganmei Hospital, Kunming Medical University, Kunming 650000, China
2The Second Affiliated Hospital, Kunming Medical University, Kunming 650000, China
3Molecular Epidemiology Joint Laboratory, Institute of Medical Biology, Kunming 650000, China
Received 1 February 2012; Revised 5 April 2012; Accepted 19 April 2012
Academic Editor: Edoardo G. Giannini
Copyright © 2012 Li Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Dioguardi, F. Grizzi, P. Bossi, and M. Roncalli, “Fractal and spectral dimension analysis of liver fibrosis in needle biopsy specimens,” Analytical and Quantitative Cytology and Histology, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 262–266, 1999.
- J. Kozłowska, T. Łoch, J. Jabłońska, and J. Cianciara, “Biochemical markers of fibrosis in chronic hepatitis and liver cirrhosis of viral origin,” Przeglad Epidemiologiczny, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 451–458, 2001.
- P. E. Chang, H. F. Lui, Y. P. Chau et al., “Prospective evaluation of transient elastography for the diagnosis of hepatic fibrosis in Asians: comparison with liver biopsy and aspartate transaminase platelet ratio index,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 51–61, 2008.
- S. Paggi, A. Colli, M. Fraquelli et al., “A non-invasive algorithm accurately predicts advanced fibrosis in hepatitis C: a comparison using histology with internal-external validation,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 564–571, 2008.
- E. M. Zardi, D. Aldo, A. Giovanni, M. Domenico, P. Francesco, and A. Antonella, “New therapeutic approaches to liver fibrosis: a practicable route?” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 16, pp. 1628–1644, 2008.
- G. D. Kirk, J. Astemborski, S. H. Mehta et al., “Assessment of liver fibrosis by transient elastography in persons with hepatitis C virus infection or HIV-hepatitis C virus coinfection,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 963–972, 2009.
- D. G. Tiniakos, “Liver biopsy in alcoholic and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis patients,” Gastroenterologie Clinique et Biologique, vol. 33, no. 10-11, pp. 930–939, 2009.
- J. Boursier, Y. Bacq, P. Halfon et al., “Improved diagnostic accuracy of blood tests for severe fibrosis and cirrhosis in chronic hepatitis C,” European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 28–38, 2009.
- P. Calès, F. Lainé, J. Boursier et al., “Comparison of blood tests for liver fibrosis specific or not to NAFLD,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 165–173, 2009.
- A. Tannapfel, H. Denk, H. P. Dienes et al., “Histopathological diagnosis of non-alcoholic and alcoholic fatty liver disease: grade 2 consensus-based guidelines,” Pathologe, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 225–237, 2010.
- K. Ishak, A. Baptista, L. Bianchi et al., “Histological grading and staging of chronic hepatitis,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 696–699, 1995.
- B. Davoust, M. Boni, D. Branquet, J. Ducos de Lahitte, and G. Martet, “Research for three parasitic infections within a population of rats trapped in Marseille: evaluation of the zoonotic risk,” Bulletin de l'Academie Nationale de Medecine, vol. 181, no. 5, pp. 887–897, 1997.
- I. Maida, V. Soriano, P. Barreiro, P. Rivas, P. Labarga, and M. Núñez, “Liver fibrosis stage and HCV genotype distribution in HIV-HCV coinfected patients with persistently normal transaminases,” AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 801–804, 2007.
- O. Cuomo, A. Perrella, D. Pisaniello, G. Marino, and G. Di Costanzo, “Evidence of liver histological alterations in apparently healthy individuals evaluated for living donor liver transplantation,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1823–1826, 2008.
- T. Woźniakowska-Gesicka, M. Wiśniewska-Ligier, J. Kupś, and A. Kałuzyński, “Histological evaluation of activity and progression changes in the liver in HCV infected children,” Polski Merkuriusz Lekarski, vol. 8, no. 48, pp. 381–383, 2000.
- W. H. Schraut, A. S. Rosemurgy, and R. M. Riddell, “Prolongation of intestinal allograft survival without immunosuppressive drug therapy. Transplantation of small bowel allografts,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 597–607, 1983.
- M. A. M. Berends, M. G. H. Van Oijen, J. Snoek et al., “Reliability of the Roenigk classification of liver damage after methotrexate treatment for psoriasis: a clinicopathologic study of 160 liver biopsy specimens,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 143, no. 12, pp. 1515–1519, 2007.
- Y. Zen, T. Fujii, Y. Sato, S. Masuda, and Y. Nakanuma, “Pathological classification of hepatic inflammatory pseudotumor with respect to IgG4-related disease,” Modern Pathology, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 884–894, 2007.
- H. Denk, “Chronic hepatitis,” Verhandlungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Pathologie, vol. 79, pp. 171–176, 1995.
- S. R. Kim, Y. Maekawa, S. Imoto, M. Sugano, and M. Kudo, “Hypervascular liver nodules in heavy drinkers of alcohol,” Alcoholism, vol. 28, supplement 2, pp. 174S–180S, 2004.
- G. P. Lee, W. I. Jeong, D. H. Jeong, S. H. Do, T. H. Kim, and K. S. Jeong, “Diagnostic evaluation of carbon tetrachloride-induced rat hepatic cirrhosis model,” Anticancer Research, vol. 25, no. 2A, pp. 1029–1038, 2005.
- A. Pariente, “How to measure liver fibrosis in viral hepatitis?” Revue du Praticien, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 646–649, 2005.
- T. Sanzen, K. Harada, M. Yasoshima, Y. Kawamura, M. Ishibashi, and Y. Nakanuma, “Polycystic kidney rat is a novel animal model of Caroli's disease associated with congenital hepatic fibrosis,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 158, no. 5, pp. 1605–1612, 2001.
- G. Bettini, L. Mandrioli, and M. Morini, “Bile duct dysplasia and congenital hepatic fibrosis associated with polycystic kidney (Caroli syndrome) in a rat,” Veterinary Pathology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 693–694, 2003.
- F. S. Gao, B. Liu, Y. T. Zhan et al., “The changes of advanced glycation end products in a rat liver fibrosis model and the interventional effect of aminoguanidin,” Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 178–182, 2006.
- Z. A. Andrade and T. S. Santana, “Angiogenesis and schistosomiasis,” Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 436–439, 2010.
- M. E. Guicciardi and G. J. Gores, “Apoptosis as a mechanism for liver disease progression,” Seminars in Liver Disease, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 402–410, 2010.
- W. C. Yeh, S. W. Huang, and P. C. Li, “Liver fibrosis grade classification with B-mode ultrasound,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 1229–1235, 2003.
- M. Uno, S. Kurita, H. Misu et al., “Tranilast, an antifibrogenic agent, ameliorates a dietary rat model of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis,” Hepatology, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 109–118, 2008.
- P. H. Tsui, C. C. Chang, M. C. Ho et al., “Use of nakagami statistics and empirical mode decomposition for ultrasound tissue characterization by a nonfocused transducer,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 2055–2068, 2009.
- R. Tran-Paterson, D. Davin, R. D. Krauss, T. A. Rado, and D. M. Miller, “Expression and regulation of the cystic fibrosis gene during rat liver regeneration,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 263, no. 1, pp. C55–C60, 1992.
- Y. Gnainsky, G. Spira, M. Paizi et al., “Involvement of the tyrosine phosphatase early gene of liver regeneration (PRL-1) in cell cycle and in liver regeneration and fibrosis effect of halofuginone,” Cell and Tissue Research, vol. 324, no. 3, pp. 385–394, 2006.
- L. Zender, S. Hütker, C. Liedtke et al., “Caspase 8 small interfering RNA prevents acute liver failure in mice,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 100, no. 13, pp. 7797–7802, 2003.
- S. L. Friedman, “Hepatic stellate cells: protean, multifunctional, and enigmatic cells of the liver,” Physiological Reviews, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 125–172, 2008.