- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 561893, 6 pages
Evaluation of Patient Satisfaction of an Outpatient Colonoscopy Service in an Asian Tertiary Care Hospital
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 5 January 2012; Revised 23 February 2012; Accepted 24 February 2012
Academic Editor: Sergio Morini
Copyright © 2012 Wah-Kheong Chan and Khean-Lee Goh. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. J. Sung, J. Y. Lau, K. L. Goh et al., “Increasing incidence of colorectal cancer in Asia: implications for screening,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 871–876, 2005.
- J. J. Sung, J. Y. Lau, G. P. Young et al., “Asia Pacific consensus recommendations for colorectal cancer screening,” Gut, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 1166–1176, 2008.
- E. Bories, C. Pesenti, G. Monges et al., “Endoscopic mucosal resection for advanced sessile adenoma and early-stage colorectal carcinoma,” Endoscopy, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 231–235, 2006.
- L. Aharony and S. Strasser, “Patient satisfaction: what we know about and what we still need to explore,” Medical Care Review, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 49–79, 1993.
- G. C. Harewood, M. J. Wiersema, and L. J. Melton, “A prospective, controlled assessment of factors influencing acceptance of screening colonoscopy,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 97, no. 12, pp. 3186–3194, 2002.
- S. Rasool, S. Ahmed, S. Siddiqui, M. Salih, W. Jafri, and S. Hamid, “Evaluation of quality and patient satisfaction during endoscopic procedure: a cross sectional study from South Asian country,” Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 990–995, 2010.
- A. S. Del Rio, J. S. Baudet, O. A. Fernandez , I. Morales, and M. D. R. Socas, “Evaluation of patient satisfaction in gastrointestinal endoscopy,” European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 896–900, 2007.
- H. H. Ko, H. Zhang, J. J. Telford, and R. Enns, “Factors influencing patient satisfaction when undergoing endoscopic procedures,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 883–891, 2009.
- I. K. Larsen, T. Grotmol, M. Bretthauer et al., “Continuous evaluation of patient satisfaction in endoscopy centres,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 850–855, 2002.
- O. S. Lin, “Less stick, more carrot: measuring and improving patient satisfaction with endoscopic procedures,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 892–895, 2009.
- J. F. Johanson, C. M. Schmitt, T. M. Deas Jr. et al., “Quality and outcomes assessment in gastrointestinal endoscopy,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 827–830, 2000.
- A. Sanchez del Rio, O. Alarcon Fernandez, J. S. Baudet, Z. Sainz Menendez, M. Socas Mendez, and G. Piera Jaén, “Reliability of the Spanish version of a brief questionnaire on patient satisfaction with gastrointestinal endoscopy,” Revista Espanola de Enfermedades Digestivas, vol. 97, no. 8, pp. 554–561, 2005.
- O. S. Lin, D. B. Schembre, K. Ayub et al., “Patient satisfaction scores for endoscopic procedures: impact of a survey-collection method,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 775–781, 2007.
- R. F. Yacavone, G. Richard Locke III, C. J. Gostout, T. H. Rockwood, S. Thieling, and A. R. Zinsmeister, “Factors influencing patient satisfaction with GI endoscopy,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 703–710, 2001.
- J. A. DiPalma, B. G. Wolff, A. Meagher, and M. Cleveland, “Comparison of reduced volume versus four liters sulfate-free electrolyte lavage solutions for colonoscopy colon cleansing,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 98, no. 10, pp. 2187–2191, 2003.
- F. Froehlich, V. Wietlisbach, J. J. Gonvers, B. Burnand, and J. P. Vader, “Impact of colonic cleansing on quality and diagnostic yield of colonoscopy: the European panel of appropriateness of gastrointestinal endoscopy European multicenter study,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 378–384, 2005.
- W. K. Chan, A. Saravanan, J. Manikam, K. L. Goh, and S. Mahadeva, “Appointment waiting times and education level influence the quality of bowel preparation in adult patients undergoing colonoscopy,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 11, article 86, 2011.
- A. M. A. El Sayed, Z. A. Kanafani, F. H. Mourad et al., “A randomized single-blind trial of whole versus split-dose polyethylene glycol-electrolyte solution for colonoscopy preparation,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 36–40, 2003.
- J. S. Park, C. I. Sohn, S. J. Hwang et al., “Quality and effect of single dose versus split dose of polyethylene glycol bowel preparation for early-morning colonoscopy,” Endoscopy, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 616–619, 2007.
- O. E. Trujillo-Benavides, A. A. Altamirano-Garcia, P. Baltazar-Montufar, C. Maroun-Marun, R. Mendez-Del Monte, and D. Torres-Rubi, “Level of satisfaction from patients who undergone an endoscopic procedure and related factors,” Revista de Gastroenterologia de Mexico, vol. 75, pp. 374–379, 2010.
- A. Sanchez Del Rio, R. Campo, J. Llach et al., “Patient satisfaction in gastrointestinal endoscopy: results of a multicenter study,” Gastroenterologia y Hepatologia, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 566–571, 2008.
- J. M. Juran, “The quality improvement process,” in Juran's Quality Handbook, J. M. Juran and A. B. Godfrey, Eds., McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 5th edition, 1999.
- T. H. Chan and K. L. Goh, “Appropriateness of colonoscopy using the ASGE guidelines: experience in a large Asian hospital,” Chinese Journal of Digestive Diseases, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 24–32, 2006.