- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 612479, 2 pages
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
1Unit for Applied Clinical Research, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
2Department of Research, Innlandet Hospital Trust, 2819 Gjøvik, Norway
3Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva 84105, Israel
4Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, 41345 Gothenburg, Sweden
Received 5 February 2012; Accepted 5 February 2012
Copyright © 2012 Per G. Farup et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Y. Kang, “Systematic review: the influence of geography and ethnicity in irritable bowel syndrome,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 663–676, 2005.
- E. Rey and N. J. Talley, “Irritable bowel syndrome: novel views on the epidemiology and potential risk factors,” Digestive and Liver Disease, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 772–780, 2009.
- R. Spiller, Q. Aziz, F. Creed et al., “Guidelines on the irritable bowel syndrome: mechanisms and practical management,” Gut, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 1770–1798, 2007.
- R. Spiller and K. Garsed, “Postinfectious irritable bowel syndrome,” Gastroenterology, vol. 136, no. 6, pp. 1979–1988, 2009.
- M. Thabane, D. T. Kottachchi, and J. K. Marshall, “Systematic review and meta-analysis: the incidence and prognosis of post-infectious irritable bowel syndrome,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 535–544, 2007.
- L. Öhman and M. Simrén, “Pathogenesis of IBS: role of inflammation, immunity and neuroimmune interactions,” Nature Reviews Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 163–173, 2010.
- F. Guarner, R. Bourdet-Sicard, P. Brandtzaeg et al., “Mechanisms of disease: the hygiene hypothesis revisited,” Nature Clinical Practice Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 275–284, 2006.
- W. E. Whitehead, O. Palsson, and K. R. Jones, “Systematic review of the comorbidity of irritable bowel syndrome with other disorders: what are the causes and implications?” Gastroenterology, vol. 122, no. 4, pp. 1140–1156, 2002.
- A. D. Sperber, Y. Atzmon, L. Neumann et al., “Fibromyalgia in the irritable bowel syndrome: studies of prevalence and clinical implications,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 94, no. 12, pp. 3541–3546, 1999.
- M. B. Yunus, “Fibromyalgia and overlapping disorders: the unifying concept of central sensitivity syndromes,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 339–356, 2007.
- R. L. Levy, K. W. Olden, B. D. Naliboff et al., “Psychosocial aspects of the functional gastrointestinal disorders,” Gastroenterology, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. 1447–1458, 2006.
- E. M. M. Quigley, P. Bytzer, R. Jones, and F. Mearin, “Irritable bowel syndrome: the burden and unmet needs in Europe,” Digestive and Liver Disease, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 717–723, 2006.