- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 623417, 7 pages
Hyperthermic Intraoperative Thoracoabdominal Chemotherapy
1Washington Hospital Center, Washington Cancer Institute, 106 Irving Street, NW, Suite 3900, Washington, DC 20010, USA
2Westat, 1600 Research Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20850-3129, USA
Received 6 February 2012; Accepted 1 March 2012
Academic Editor: Pompiliu Piso
Copyright © 2012 Paul H. Sugarbaker et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, “Comprehensive management of peritoneal surface malignancy using cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy,” Cancer Research in Cancer, vol. 3, pp. 179–203, 2009.
- O. Glehen, F. N. Gilly, F. Boutitie et al., “Toward curative treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis from nonovarian origin by cytoreductive surgery combined with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy: a multi-institutional study of 1290 patients,” Cancer, vol. 116, no. 24, pp. 5608–5618, 2010.
- H. Youssef, C. Newman, K. Chandrakumaran, F. Mohamed, T. D. Cecil, and B. J. Moran, “Operative findings, early complications, and long-term survival in 456 patients with pseudomyxoma peritonei syndrome of appendiceal origin,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 293–299, 2011.
- D. Elias, J. H. Lefevre, J. Chevalier et al., “Complete cytoreductive surgery plus intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia with oxaliplatin for peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal origin,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 681–685, 2009.
- T. D. Yan, D. Black, P. H. Sugarbaker et al., “A systematic review and meta-analysis of the randomized controlled trials on adjuvant intraperitoneal chemotherapy for resectable gastric cancer,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 2702–2713, 2007.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, “Peritonectomy procedures,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 221, no. 1, pp. 29–42, 1995.
- K. Van der Speeten, O. A. Stuart, and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of perioperative cancer chemotherapy in peritoneal surface malignancy,” Cancer Journal, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 216–224, 2009.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, “Peritonectomy procedures,” Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 703–727, 2003.
- K. Van der Speeten, O. A. Stuart, D. Chang, H. Mahteme, and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Changes induced by surgical and clinical factors in the pharmacology of intraperitoneal mitomycin C in 145 patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 147–156, 2011.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, K. Van der Speeten, O. Anthony Stuart, and D. Chang, “Impact of surgical and clinical factors on the pharmacology of intraperitoneal doxorubicin in 145 patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 719–726, 2011.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, R. Alderman, G. Edwards et al., “Prospective morbidity and mortality assessment of cytoreductive surgery plus perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy to treat peritoneal dissemination of appendiceal mucinous malignancy,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 635–644, 2006.
- F. A. N. Zoetmulder and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Patterns of failure following treatment of pseudomyxoma peritonei of appendiceal origin,” European Journal of Cancer Part A, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 1727–1733, 1996.
- K. Van der Speeten, O. A. Stuart, H. Mahteme, and P. H. Sugarbaker, “A pharmacologic analysis of intraoperative intracavitary cancer chemotherapy with doxorubicin,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 799–805, 2009.
- R. L. Dedrick and M. F. Flessner, “Pharmacokinetic problems in peritoneal drug administration: tissue penetration and surface exposure,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 89, no. 7, pp. 480–487, 1997.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, K. Van der Speeten, O. A. Stuart, D. Chang, and H. Mahteme, “Patient- and treatment-related variables, adverse events and their statistical relationship for treatment of peritoneal metastases,” in Cytoreductive Surgery and Perioperative Chemotherapy for Peritoneal Surface Malignancy: Textbook and Video Atlas, P. H. Sugarbaker, Ed.
- A. Garofalo and M. Valle, “Laparoscopy in the management of peritoneal carcinomatosis,” Cancer Journal, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 190–195, 2009.