- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 635314, 8 pages
Pulmonary Complications following Cytoreductive Surgery and Perioperative Chemotherapy in 147 Consecutive Patients
1Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
2Erasto Gaertner Hospital, Rua Dr. Ovande do Amaral 201, 81520-060 Curitiba, PR, Brazil
3Westat, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Received 5 April 2012; Accepted 10 June 2012
Academic Editor: Yan Li
Copyright © 2012 Vinicius Preti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, “New standard of care for appendiceal epithelial neoplasms and pseudomyxoma peritonei syndrome?” Lancet Oncology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 69–76, 2006.
- T. D. Yan, L. Welch, D. Black, and P. H. Sugarbaker, “A systematic review on the efficacy of cytoreductive surgery combined with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for diffuse malignancy peritoneal mesothelioma,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 827–834, 2007.
- T. C. Chua, W. Liauw, and D. L. Morris, “Colorectal cancer: prevention and treatment of peritoneal metastases,” in Cytoreductive Surgery and Perioperative Chemotherapy For Peritoneal Surface Malignancy: Textbook and Video Atlas, P. H. Sugarbaker, Ed., Cine-Med, Woodbury, Conn, USA, 2012.
- O. Glehen, Y. Yonemura, and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Prevention and treatment of peritoneal metastases from gastric cancer,” in Cytoreductive Surgery and Perioperative Chemotherapy For Peritoneal Surface Malignancy: Textbook and Video Atlas, P. H. Sugarbaker, Ed., Cine-Med, Woodbury, Conn, USA, 2012.
- C. W. Helm, “Epithelial ovarian cancer with peritoneal metastases,” in Cytoreductive Surgery and Perioperative Chemotherapy For Peritoneal Surface Malignancy: Textbook and Video Atlas, P. H. Sugarbaker, Ed., Cine-Med, Woodbury, Conn, USA, 2012.
- R. M. Smeenk, V. J. Verwaal, and F. A. N. Zoetmulder, “Learning curve of combined modality treatment in peritoneal surface disease,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 94, no. 11, pp. 1408–1414, 2007.
- F. Mohamed and B. J. Moran, “Morbidity and mortality with cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemotherapy: the importance of a learning curve,” Cancer Journal, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 196–199, 2009.
- S. A. Ahmad, J. Kim, J. J. Sussman et al., “Reduced morbidity following cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemoperfusion,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 387–392, 2004.
- V. A. Lawrence, S. G. Hilsenbeck, C. D. Mulrow, R. Dhanda, J. Sapp, and C. P. Page, “Incidence and hospital stay for cardiac and pulmonary complications after abdominal surgery,” Journal of General Internal Medicine, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 671–678, 1995.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, “Comprehensive management of peritoneal surface malignancy using cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy: the Washington Cancer Institute approach,” Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 1965–1977, 2009.
- P. Jacquet and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Current methodologies for clinical assessment of patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis,” Journal of Experimental and Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 49–58, 1996.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, K. Van der Speeten, O. A. Stuart, D. Chang, and H. Mahteme, “Patient- and treatment-related variables, adverse events and their statistical relationship for treatment of peritoneal metastases,” in Cytoreductive Surgery and Perioperative Chemotherapy For Peritoneal Surface Malignancy: Textbook and Video Atlas, P. H. Sugarbaker, Ed.
- T. D. Yan, L. Zappa, G. Edwards, R. Alderman, C. E. Marquardt, and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Perioperative outcomes of cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for non-Appendiceal peritoneal carcinomatosis from a prospective database,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 102–112, 2007.
- S. Kusamura, R. Younan, D. Baratti et al., “Cytoreductive surgery followed by intraperitoneal hyperthermic perfusion: analysis of morbidity and mortality in 209 peritoneal surface malignancies treated with closed abdomen technique,” Cancer, vol. 106, no. 5, pp. 1144–1153, 2006.
- E. Chéreau, M. Ballester, F. Selle et al., “Pulmonary morbidity of diaphragmatic surgery for stage III/IV ovarian cancer,” An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 116, no. 8, pp. 1062–1068, 2009.
- S. C. Dowdy, R. T. Loewen, G. Aletti, S. S. Feitoza, and W. Cliby, “Assessment of outcomes and morbidity following diaphragmatic peritonectomy for women with ovarian carcinoma,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 303–307, 2008.
- A. D. Stephens, R. Alderman, D. Chang et al., “Morbidity and mortality analysis of 200 treatments with cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraoperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy using the coliseum technique,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 790–796, 1999.
- A. Capone, M. Valle, F. Proietti, O. Federici, A. Garofalo, and N. Petrosillo, “Postoperative infections in cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intraperitoneal intraoperative chemotherapy for peritoneal carcinomatosis,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 96, no. 6, pp. 507–513, 2007.
- O. Glehen, D. Osinsky, E. Cotte et al., “Intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia using a closed abdominal procedure and cytoreductive surgery for the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis: morbidity and mortality analysis of 216 consecutive procedures,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 863–869, 2003.
- U. Schmidt, M. H. Dahlke, J. Klempnauer, H. J. Schlitt, and P. Piso, “Perioperative morbidity and quality of life in long-term survivors following cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 53–58, 2005.
- H. Müller, M. Hahn, L. Weller, and J. Simsa, “Strategies to reduce perioperative morbidity in cytoreductive surgery,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 55, no. 86-87, pp. 1523–1529, 2008.