- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 640168, 5 pages
miR-21 Is a Promising Novel Biomarker for Lymph Node Metastasis in Patients with Gastric Cancer
1Department of Oncology, The Second Hospital of Nanjing, South East University, Nanjing 210003, China
2Department of Oncology, Putuo Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 200062, China
3Department of Oncology, Shanghai Sixth People’s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200233, China
Received 26 February 2012; Accepted 30 April 2012
Academic Editor: Richard Ricachenevski Gurski
Copyright © 2012 Yuejuan Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jemal, F. Bray, M. M. Center, J. Ferlay, E. Ward, and D. Forman, “Global cancer statistics,” CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 69–90, 2011.
- H. H. Hartgrink, E. P. Jansen, N. C. van Grieken, and C. J. van de Velde, “Gastric cancer,” The Lancet, vol. 374, no. 9688, pp. 477–490, 2009.
- F. Kamangar, G. M. Dores, and W. F. Anderson, “Patterns of cancer incidence, mortality, and prevalence across five continents: defining priorities to reduce cancer disparities in different geographic regions of the world,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 24, no. 14, pp. 2137–2150, 2006.
- A. D. Wagner, W. Grothe, J. Haerting, G. Kleber, A. Grothey, and W. E. Fleig, “Chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis based on aggregate data,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 24, no. 18, pp. 2903–2909, 2006.
- J. T. Hsu, M. S. Liu, F. Wang et al., “Standard radical gastrectomy in octogenarians and nonagenarians with gastric cancer: are short-term surgical results and long-term survival substantial?” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 728–737, 2012.
- X. Wang and H. Liang, “Some problems in the surgical treatment of gastric cancer,” Chinese Journal of Cancer, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 369–373, 2010.
- V. Ambros, “The functions of animal microRNAs,” Nature, vol. 431, no. 7006, pp. 350–355, 2004.
- X. S. Ke, C. M. Liu, D. P. Liu, and C. C. Liang, “MicroRNAs: key participants in gene regulatory networks,” Current Opinion in Chemical Biology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 516–523, 2003.
- X. Luo, B. Burwinkel, S. Tao, and H. Brenner, “MicroRNA signatures: novel biomarker for colorectal cancer?” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 1272–1286, 2011.
- M. Skrzypski, R. Dziadziuszko, and J. Jassem, “MicroRNA in lung cancer diagnostics and treatment,” Mutation Research, vol. 717, no. 1-2, pp. 25–31, 2011.
- L. Zhao, X. Chen, and Y. Cao, “New role of microRNA: carcinogenesis and clinical application in cancer,” Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 831–839, 2011.
- R. Munker and G. A. Calin, “MicroRNA profiling in cancer,” Clinical Science, vol. 121, no. 4, pp. 141–158, 2011.
- L. M. Moore and W. Zhang, “Targeting miR-21 in glioma: a small RNA with big potential,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 1247–1257, 2010.
- S. D. Sekuklu, M. T. A. Donoghue, and C. Spillane, “miR-21 as a key regulator of oncogenic processes,” Biochemical Society Transactions, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 918–925, 2009.
- A. M. Krichevsky and G. Gabriely, “miR-21: a small multi-faceted RNA,” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 39–53, 2009.
- P. P. Medina, M. Nolde, and F. J. Slack, “OncomiR addiction in an in vivo model of microRNA-21-induced pre-B-cell lymphoma,” Nature, vol. 467, no. 7311, pp. 86–90, 2010.
- Z. L. Chen, X. H. Zhao, J. W. Wang et al., “microRNA-92a promotes lymph node metastasis of human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma via E-cadherin,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 286, no. 12, pp. 10725–10734, 2011.
- Y. X. Wang, X. Y. Zhang, B. F. Zhang, C. Q. Yang, X. M. Chen, and H. J. Gao, “Initial study of microRNA expression profiles of colonic cancer without lymph node metastasis,” Journal of Digestive Diseases, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 50–54, 2010.
- Z. M. Huang, J. Yang, X. Y. Shen et al., “MicroRNA expression profile in non-cancerous colonic tissue associated with lymph node metastasis of colon cancer,” Journal of Digestive Diseases, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 188–194, 2009.
- L. X. Yan, X. F. Huang, Q. Shao et al., “MicroRNA miR-21 overexpression in human breast cancer is associated with advanced clinical stage, lymph node metastasis and patient poor prognosis,” RNA, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 2348–2360, 2008.
- Z. Wang, Y. L. He, S. R. Cai et al., “Expression and prognostic impact of PRL-3 in lymph node metastasis of gastric cancer: its molecular mechanism was investigated using artificial microRNA interference,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 123, no. 6, pp. 1439–1447, 2008.
- S. H. Chan, C. W. Wu, A. F. Y. Li, C. W. Chi, and W. C. Lin, “miR-21 microRNA expression in human gastric carcinomas and its clinical association,” Anticancer Research, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 907–911, 2008.
- P. M. Pereira, J. P. Marques, A. R. Soares, L. Carreto, and M. A. S. Santos, “Microrna expression variability in human cervical tissues,” PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 7, Article ID e11780, 2010.
- Z. X. Wang, H. B. Bian, J. R. Wang, Z. X. Cheng, K. M. Wang, and W. De, “Prognostic significance of serum miRNA-21 expression in human non-small cell lung cancer,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 104, no. 7, pp. 847–851, 2011.
- M. L. Si, S. Zhu, H. Wu, Z. Lu, F. Wu, and Y. Y. Mo, “miR-21-mediated tumor growth,” Oncogene, vol. 26, no. 19, pp. 2799–2803, 2007.
- J. A. Chan, A. M. Krichevsky, and K. S. Kosik, “MicroRNA-21 is an antiapoptotic factor in human glioblastoma cells,” Cancer Research, vol. 65, no. 14, pp. 6029–6033, 2005.
- Q. Yao, H. Xu, Q. Q. Zhang, H. Zhou, and L. H. Qu, “MicroRNA-21 promotes cell proliferation and down-regulates the expression of programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) in HeLa cervical carcinoma cells,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 388, no. 3, pp. 539–542, 2009.
- Y. Lou, X. Yang, F. Wang, Z. Cui, and Y. Huang, “MicroRNA-21 promotes the cell proliferation, invasion and migration abilities in ovarian epithelial carcinomas through inhibiting the expression of PTEN protein,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 819–827, 2010.
- T. Li, D. Li, J. Sha, P. Sun, and Y. Huang, “MicroRNA-21 directly targets MARCKS and promotes apoptosis resistance and invasion in prostate cancer cells,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 383, no. 3, pp. 280–285, 2009.
- M. Fassan, M. Pizzi, L. Giacomelli et al., “PDCD4 nuclear loss inversely correlates with miR-21 levels in colon carcinogenesis,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 458, no. 4, pp. 413–419, 2011.
- P. Wang, F. Zou, Z. Xiaodong et al., “microRNA-21 negatively regulates Cdc25A and cell cycle progression in colon cancer cells,” Cancer Research, vol. 69, no. 20, pp. 8157–8165, 2009.