- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 670418, 10 pages
Effect of Gastrointestinal Surgical Manipulation on Metabolic Syndrome: A Focus on Metabolic Surgery
1Division of General Surgery, Department of Medico-Surgical Sciences and Biotechnology, Hospital ICOT, Sapienza University of Rome,
via F. Faggiana 1668, 04100 Latina, Italy
2Division of General Surgery, Hospital of Civita Castellana, via Ferretti 169, 01033 Civita Castellana (VT), Italy
Received 12 July 2012; Accepted 6 September 2012
Academic Editor: Dan L. Dumitrascu
Copyright © 2012 Mario Rizzello et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Swathi Appachi, and Sangeeta R. Kashyap, “'Adiposopathy' and cardiovascular disease: the benefits of bariatric surgery,” Current Opinion in Cardiology, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 540–546, 2013.
- Renee L. Greer, Andrey Morgun, and Natalia Shulzhenko, “Bridging immunity and lipid metabolism by gut microbiota,” Journal Of Allergy And Clinical Immunology, vol. 132, no. 2, pp. 253–263, 2013.
- Gil Faria, Diogo Pestana, Marisa Aral, John Preto, Sónia Norberto, Conceição Calhau, João T. Guimarães, and Antonio Taveira-Gomes, “Metabolic Score,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 260, no. 2, pp. 279–286, 2014.
- Mario Nora, Marta Guimaraes, Rui Almeida, Paulo Martins, Gil Goncalves, Mariana Santos, Tiago Morais, Claudia Freitas, and Mariana P. Monteiro, “Excess body mass index loss predicts metabolic syndrome remission after gastric bypass,” Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, vol. 6, 2014.