- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 674324, 5 pages
Comparison between Single-Dose Esomeprazole- and Pantoprazole-Based Triple Therapy on the Effectiveness for Helicobacter pylori Eradication in Taiwanese Population
1Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
2Department of Internal Medicine, Pingtung Hospital, Department of Health, Pingtung, Taiwan
3Cancer Center, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
4Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
5Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, E-Da Hospital, I-Shou University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
6Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Buddhist Tzu Chi Hospital and Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
7Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
Received 14 March 2012; Accepted 3 May 2012
Academic Editor: Ping-I Hsu
Copyright © 2012 Hsiang-Yao Shih et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. D. Chey and B. C. Y. Wong, “American College of Gastroenterology guideline on the management of Helicobacter pylori infection,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 102, no. 8, pp. 1808–1825, 2007.
- P. Malfertheiner, F. Megraud, C. O'Morain et al., “Current concepts in the management of Helicobacter pylori infection: the Maastricht III Consensus Report,” Gut, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 772–781, 2007.
- J. P. Gisbert, S. Khorrami, X. Calvet, R. Gabriel, F. Carballo, and J. M. Pajares, “Meta-analysis: proton pump inhibitors vs. H2-receptor antagonists-their efficacy with antibiotics in Helicobacter pylori eradication,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 757–766, 2003.
- C. M. Spencer and D. Faulds, “Esomeprazole,” Drugs, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 321–329, 2000.
- T. Furuta, N. Shirai, M. Sugimoto, A. Nakamura, A. Hishida, and T. Ishizaki, “Influence of CYP2C19 pharmacogenetic polymorphism on proton pump inhibitor-based therapies.,” Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 153–167, 2005.
- R. C. Baselt, Disposition of Toxic Drugs and Chemicals in Man, Biomedical Publications, Seal Beach, Calif, USA, 8th edition, 2011.
- I. C. Wu, D. C. Wu, P. I. Hsu et al., “Rabeprazole- versus esomeprazole-based eradication regimens for H. pylori infection,” Helicobacter, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 633–637, 2007.
- P. I. Hsu, K. H. Lai, C. K. Lin et al., “A prospective randomized trial of esomeprazole- versus pantoprazole-based triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori eradication,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 100, no. 11, pp. 2387–2392, 2005.
- P. I. Hsu, K. H. Lai, C. J. Wu et al., “High-dose versus low-dose esomeprazole-based triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 724–730, 2007.
- P. Midolo and B. J. Marshall, “Accurate diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori: urease tests,” Gastroenterology Clinics of North America, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 871–878, 2000.
- C. H. Kuo, H. M. Hu, F. C. Kuo et al., “Efficacy of levofloxacin-based rescue therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection after standard triple therapy: a randomized controlled trial,” Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 1017–1024, 2009.
- D. M. M. Queiroz, R. Dani, L. D. Silva et al., “Factors associated with treatment failure of Helicobacter pylori infection in a developing country,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 315–320, 2002.
- S. Yasuda, Y. Horai, Y. Tomono et al., “Comparison of the kinetic disposition and metabolism of E3810, a new proton pump inhibitor, and omeprazole in relation to S-mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylation status,” Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 143–154, 1995.
- L. Becquemont, I. Ragueneau, M. A. Le Bot, C. Riche, C. Funck-Brentano, and P. Jaillon, “Influence of the CYP1A2 inhibitor fluvoxamine on tacrine pharmacokinetics in humans,” Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 619–627, 1997.
- D. R. Sohn, J. T. Kwon, H. K. Kim, and T. Ishizaki, “Metabolic disposition of lansoprazole in relation to the S-mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylation phenotype status,” Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 574–582, 1997.
- T. Andersson, M. Hassan-Alin, G. Hasselgren, K. Röhss, and L. Weidolf, “Pharmacokinetic studies with esomeprazole, the (S)-isomer of omeprazole,” Clinical Pharmacokinetics, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 411–426, 2001.
- N. Vakil and F. Megraud, “Eradication Therapy for Helicobacter pylori,” Gastroenterology, vol. 133, no. 3, pp. 985–1001, 2007.
- Q. Gu, H. H. X. Xia, J. D. Wang et al., “Update on clarithromycin resistance in Helicobacter pylori in Hong Kong and its effect on clarithromycin-based triple therapy,” Digestion, vol. 73, no. 2-3, pp. 101–106, 2006.
- A. H. Huang, B. S. Sheu, H. B. Yang, C. C. Huang, J. J. Wu, and X. Z. Lin, “Impact of Helicobacter pylori antimicrobial resistance on the outcome of 1-week lansoprazole-based triple therapy,” Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, vol. 99, no. 9, pp. 704–709, 2000.
- V. F. Roche, “The chemically elegant proton pump inhibitors,” American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, vol. 70, no. 5, article no. 101, 2006.
- J. Kirchheiner, S. Glatt, U. Fuhr et al., “Relative potency of proton-pump inhibitors-comparison of effects on intragastric pH,” European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 19–31, 2009.
- F. Perri, M. R. Villani, V. Festa, M. Quitadamo, and A. Andriulli, “Predictors of failure of Helicobacter pylori eradication with the standard “Maastricht triple therapy”,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 1023–1029, 2001.
- J. M. Baena, C. López, A. Hidalgo et al., “Relation between alcohol consumption and the success of Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy using omeprazole, clarithromycin and amoxicillin for 1 week,” European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 291–296, 2002.
- J. M. Kang, N. Kim, D. H. Lee et al., “Effect of the CYP2C19 polymorphism on the eradication rate of Helicobacter pylori infection by 7-day triple therapy with regular proton pump inhibitor dosage,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 1287–1291, 2008.
- V. P. Tan, B. P. Yan, R. H. Hunt, and B. C. Y. Wong, “Proton pump inhibitor and clopidogrel interaction: the case for watchful waiting,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 1342–1347, 2010.
- P. W. Y. Lim, K. L. Goh, and B. C. Y. Wong, “CYP2C19 genotype and the PPIs - Focus on rabeprazole,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 20, no. 3, supplement, pp. S22–S28, 2005.
- P. I. Hsu, K. Lai, and C. Liu, “Esomeprazole with clopidogrel reduces peptic ulcer recurrence, compared with clopidogrel alone, in patients with atherosclerosis,” Gastroenterology, vol. 140, no. 3, pp. 791–798, 2011.