- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 723183, 8 pages
Recent Insights into Antibiotic Resistance in Helicobacter pylori Eradication
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, No. 28 Fuxing Road, Beijing 100853, China
Received 17 March 2012; Revised 18 June 2012; Accepted 18 June 2012
Academic Editor: Ping-I Hsu
Copyright © 2012 Wenming Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [27 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Soumyananda Chakraborti, Saurabh Bhattacharya, Rukhsana Chowdhury, and Pinak Chakrabarti, “The Molecular Basis of Inactivation of Metronidazole-Resistant Helicobacter pylori Using Polyethyleneimine Functionalized Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013.
- Josue Barahona-Garrido, Nery F. Quinonez, Eduardo Cerda-Contreras, Helga Maria Sarti, and Felix I. Tellez-Avila, “Fosfomycin-Containing Second-Line Treatment For Helicobacter pylori Infection,” American Journal Of Gastroenterology, vol. 108, no. 5, pp. 858–859, 2013.
- Mohammed Said Al-Balushi, Juma Z Al-Busaidi, Muna S Al-Daihani, Mohammed O Shafeeq, and Sidgi S Hasson, “Sero-prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection among asymptomatic healthy Omani blood donors,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 146–149, 2013.
- Hai-Jun Ma, and Jin-Liang Wang, “Quadruple therapy for eradication of Helicobacter pylori,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 931–935, 2013.
- Kai-Feng Pan, Luca Formichella, Lian Zhang, Yang Zhang, Jun-Ling Ma, Zhe-Xuan Li, Markus Gerhard, Cong Liu, Yu-Mei Wang, Gereon Goettner, Kurt Ulm, Meinhard Classen, and Wei-Cheng You, “ Helicobacter pylori antibody responses and evolution of precancerous gastric lesions in a Chinese population ,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 134, no. 9, pp. 2118–2125, 2013.
- Rebecca Smiley, James Bailey, Mahadevan Sethuraman, Norberto Posecion, and M. Showkat Ali, “Comparative Proteomics Analysis of Sarcoshie Insoluble Outer Membrane Proteins from Clarithromycin Resistant and Sensitive Strains of Helicobacter pylori,” Journal of Microbiology, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 612–618, 2013.
- Ji Hyun Lim, Dong Ho Lee, Chiun Choi, Seong Tae Lee, Nayoung Kim, Sook Hyang Jeong, Jin Wook Kim, Jin Hyeok Hwang, Young Soo Park, Sang Hyub Lee, Cheol Min Shin, Hyun Jin Jo, Eun Sun Jang, In sung Song, and Hyun Chae Jung, “ Clinical Outcomes of Two-Week Sequential and Concomitant Therapies for Helicobacter pylori Eradication: A Randomized Pilot Study ,” Helicobacter, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 180–186, 2013.
- R. J. L. F. Loffeld, and B. F. M. Werdmuller, “Changes in Antibiotic Susceptibility of Helicobacter pylori in the Course of Eight Years in the Zaanstreek Region in The Netherlands,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2013, pp. 1–5, 2013.
- Pradeep Kumar Kondadi, Claudia Pacini, Joana Revez, Marja-Liisa Hänninen, and Mirko Rossi, “Contingency nature of Helicobacter bizzozeronii oxygen-insensitive NAD(P)H-nitroreductase (HBZC1-00960) and its role in metronidazole resistance,” Veterinary Research, vol. 44, no. 1, 2013.
- Mahmoud E. F. Abdel-Haliem, and Ahmed Askora, “Isolation and characterization of bacteriophages of Helicobacter pylori isolated from Egypt,” Future Virology, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 821–826, 2013.
- Omid Tadjrobehkar, and Hamid Abdollahi, “A Novel Reduction Strategy of Clarithromycin Resistance in Helicobacter pylori,” Jundishapur Journal of Microbiology, vol. 7, no. 9, 2014.
- Soracha Thamphiwatana, Weiwei Gao, Dissaya Pornpattananangkul, Qiangzhe Zhang, Victoria Fu, Jiayang Li, Jieming Li, Marygorret Obonyo, and Liangfang Zhang, “Phospholipase A2-responsive antibiotic delivery via nanoparticle-stabilized liposomes for the treatment of bacterial infection,” J. Mater. Chem. B, vol. 2, no. 46, pp. 8201–8207, 2014.
- Wei-Chen Tai, Chen-Hsiang Lee, Shue-Shian Chiou, Chung-Mou Kuo, Chung-Huang Kuo, Chih-Ming Liang, Lung-Sheng Lu, Chien-Hua Chiu, Keng-Liang Wu, Yi-Chun Chiu, Tsung-Hui Hu, and Seng-Kee Chuah, “The Clinical and Bacteriological Factors for Optimal Levofloxacin-Containing Triple Therapy in Second-Line Helicobacter pylori Eradication,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 8, 2014.
- Mohammed Rizwan, Nuzhath Fatima, and Ayesha Alvi, “Epidemiology and Pattern of Antibiotic Resistance in Helicobacter pylori: Scenario from Saudi Arabia,” Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 212–218, 2014.
- Ala I. Sharara, Fayez S. Sarkis, Mustapha M. El-Halabi, Ahmad Malli, Nabil M. Mansour, Cecilio Azar, Mohamad A. Eloubeidi, Fadi H. Mourad, Kassem Barada, and Ismail Sukkarieh, “Challenging the dogma: a randomized trial of standard vs. half-dose concomitant nonbismuth quadruple therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection,” United European Gastroenterology Journal, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 179–188, 2014.
- J. C. Delchier, P. Malfertheiner, and R. Thieroff-Ekerdt, “ Use of a combination formulation of bismuth, metronidazole and tetracycline with omeprazole as a rescue therapy for eradication of Helicobacter pylori ,” Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2014.
- Kai-Feng Pan, Luca Formichella, Lian Zhang, Yang Zhang, Jun-Ling Ma, Zhe-Xuan Li, Cong Liu, Yu-Mei Wang, Gereon Goettner, Kurt Ulm, Meinhard Classen, Wei-Cheng You, and Markus Gerhard, “Helicobacter pylori antibody responses and evolution of precancerous gastric lesions in a Chinese population,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 134, no. 9, pp. 2118–2125, 2014.
- Jyh-Chin Yang, Chien-Wei Lu, and Chun-Jung Lin, “Treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection: Current status and future concepts,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 18, pp. 5283–5293, 2014.
- Bruna Vidal Bonifácio, Matheus Aparecido dos Santos Ramos, Patricia Bento da Silva, and Taís Maria Bauab, “Antimicrobial activity of natural products against Helicobacter pylori: a review,” Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials, vol. 13, no. 1, 2014.
- Amin Talebi Bezmin Abadi, “Helicobacter pylori: Emergence of a Superbug,” Frontiers in Medicine, vol. 1, 2014.
- Bekir Kocazeybek, and Hrisi Bahar Tokman, “ Prevalence of Primary Antimicrobial Resistance of H. pylori in Turkey: A Systematic Review ,” Helicobacter, 2015.
- Pramodini B. Kale-Pradhan, Anela Mihaescu, and Sheila M. Wilhelm, “ Fluoroquinolone Sequential Therapy for Helicobacter pylori : A Meta-analysis ,” Pharmacotherapy: The Journal of Human Pharmacology and Drug Therapy, 2015.
- Michael B. Whalen, and Orietta Massidda, “Helicobacter pylori: enemy, commensal or, sometimes, friend?,” Journal Of Infection In Developing Countries, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 674–678, 2015.
- Michitaka Honda, Naoki Hiki, Souya Nunobe, Manabu Ohashi, Koshi Kumagai, Yoshikazu Hashimoto, Shinji Mine, Satoshi Kamiya, Takeshi Sano, and Toshiharu Yamaguchi, “Preoperative vs Postoperative Eradication of Helicobacter pylori in 150 Patients with Gastric Cancer: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, 2015.
- Esther Nina Ontsira Ngoyi, Blaise Irénée Atipo Ibara, Rachelle Moyen, Philestine Clausina Ahoui Apendi, Jean Rosaire Ibara, O. Obengui, Roland Bienvenu Ossibi Ibara, Etienne Nguimbi, Rock Fabien Niama, Jean Maurille Ouamba, Fidèle Yala, Ange Antoine Abena, Jamuna Vadivelu, Khean Lee Goh, Armelle Menard, Lucie Benejat, Elodie Sifre, Philippe Lehours, and Francis Megraud, “ Molecular Detection of Helicobacter pylori and its Antimicrobial Resistance in Brazzaville, Congo ,” Helicobacter, 2015.
- Sujin Cho, Hookang Im, Ki-Young Lee, Jie Chen, Hae Ju Kang, Hye-Jin Yoon, Kyung Hoon Min, Kang Ro Lee, Hyun-Ju Park, and Bong-Jin Lee, “Identification of novel scaffolds for potential anti-Helicobacter pylori agents based on the crystal structure of H. pylori 3-deoxy-d-manno-octulosonate 8-phosphate synthase (HpKDO8PS),” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 108, pp. 188–202, 2016.
- L. Zhang, W. K. K. Wu, R. L. Gallo, E. F. Fang, W. Hu, T. K. W. Ling, J. Shen, R. L. Y. Chan, L. Lu, X. M. Luo, M. X. Li, K. M. Chan, J. Yu, V. W. S. Wong, S. C. Ng, S. H. Wong, F. K. L. Chan, J. J. Y. Sung, M. T. V. Chan, and C. H. Cho, “Critical Role of Antimicrobial Peptide Cathelicidin for Controlling Helicobacter pylori Survival and Infection,” The Journal of Immunology, vol. 196, no. 4, pp. 1799–1809, 2016.