- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 740381, 6 pages
Impact of Lactobacillus reuteri Supplementation on Anti-Helicobacter pylori Levofloxacin-Based Second-Line Therapy
1Departement of Internal Medicine, Catholic University of Rome, 00168 Rome, Italy
2Departement of Surgery, Catholic University of Rome, 00168 Rome, Italy
Received 12 February 2012; Revised 26 March 2012; Accepted 31 March 2012
Academic Editor: Ping-I Hsu
Copyright © 2012 Veronica Ojetti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ami Patel, Nihir Shah, and J.B. Prajapati, “Clinical appliance of probiotics in the treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection—A brief review,” Journal of Microbiology, Immunology and Infection, 2013.
- Hua-Yi Liu, Bin Zhang, and Li-Gen Jiang, “Clinical efficacy of Pudilan Oral Solution combined with triple therapy in eradicating Helicobacter pylori,” World Chinese Journal of Digestology, vol. 21, no. 18, pp. 1780–1784, 2013.
- Tomás Navarro-Rodriguez, Fernando Marcuz Silva, Ricardo Correa Barbuti, Rejane Mattar, Joaquim Prado Moraes-Filho, Maricê Nogueira de Oliveira, Cristina S. Bogsan, Décio Chinzon, and Jaime Natan Eisig, “Association of a probiotic to a Helicobacter pylori eradication regimen does not increase efficacy or decreases the adverse effects of the treatment: A prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 13, no. 1, 2013.
- C. Zaman, T. Osaki, T. Hanawa, H. Yonezawa, S. Kurata, and S. Kamiya, “Analysis of the microbial ecology between Helicobacter pylori and the gastric microbiota of Mongolian gerbils,” Journal of Medical Microbiology, vol. 63, no. Pt_1, pp. 129–137, 2013.
- Jose A. Medeiros, and Marta-Isabel Pereira, “The Use of Probiotics in Helicobacter pylori Eradication Therapy,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2013.
- Javier Molina-Infante, Anthony O'Connor, Javier P. Gisbert, and Colm O'Morain, “Treatment of Helicobacter pylori Infection 2013,” Helicobacter, vol. 18, pp. 58–65, 2013.
- Jason Ferreira, and Steven F. Moss, “Current Paradigm and Future Directions for Treatment of Helicobacter pylori Infection,” Current Treatment Options in Gastroenterology, 2014.
- Vasilios Papastergiou, Sotirios D. Georgopoulos, and Stylianos Karatapanis, “Treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection: Meeting the challenge of antimicrobial resistance,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 29, pp. 9898–9911, 2014.
- Po-Xing Zheng, Hsin-Yi Fang, Hsiao-Bai Yang, Nai-Yueh Tien, Ming-Cheng Wang, and Jiunn-Jong Wu, “Lactobacillus pentosus strain LPS16 produces lactic acid, inhibiting multidrug-resistant Helicobacter pylori,” Journal of Microbiology, Immunology and Infection, 2014.
- Ruggiero Francavilla, Lorenzo Polimeno, Antonella Demichina, Giovanni Maurogiovanni, Beatrice Principi, Giuseppe Scaccianoce, Enzo Ierardi, Francesco Russo, Giuseppe Riezzo, Alfredo Di Leo, Luciano Cavallo, Antonio Francavilla, and James Versalovic, “Lactobacillus reuteri Strain Combination In Helicobacter pylori Infection A Randomized, Double- Blind, Placebo- Controlled Study,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 407–413, 2014.
- Mohamed H. Emara, Salem Y. Mohamed, and Hesham R. Abdel-Aziz, “Lactobacillus reuteri in management of Helicobacter pylori infection in dyspeptic patients: a double-blind placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial,” Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 4–13, 2014.