- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 741202, 4 pages
Laparoscopic Diagnosis and Laparoscopic Hyperthermic Intraoperative Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Pseudomyxoma Peritonei Detected by CT Examination
1Department of Surgery, Kusatsu General Hospital, 1660 Yabase-Cho, Shiga, Kusatsu City 5258585, Japan
2NPO Organization to Support Peritoneal Dissemination Treatment, 1-26 Harukimotomachi, Osaka, Kishiwada City 596-0032, Japan
3Department of Surgery, Kishiwada TokushuKai Hospital, 4-27-1 Kamori-Cho, Osaka, Kishiwada City 596-8522, Japan
4General Surgery Clinic, Derince Education and Research Hospital, 41900 Kocaeli, Turkey
Received 2 March 2012; Revised 10 May 2012; Accepted 18 May 2012
Academic Editor: Paul H. Sugarbaker
Copyright © 2012 Masamitsu Hirano et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. B. Gough, J. H. Donohue, A. J. Schutt et al., “Pseudomyxoma peritonei: long-term patient survival with an aggressive regional approach,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 219, no. 2, pp. 112–119, 1994.
- B. J. Moran and T. D. Cecil, “The etiology, clinical presentation, and management of pseudomyxoma peritonei,” Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 585–603, 2003.
- A. Mukherjee, A. Parvaiz, T. D. Cecil, and B. J. Moran, “Pseudomyxoma peritonei usually originates from the appendix: a review of the evidence,” European Journal of Gynaecological Oncology, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 411–414, 2004.
- J. Esquivel, R. Sticca, P. Sugarbaker et al., “Cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in the management of peritoneal surface malignancies of colonic origin: a consensus statement,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 128–133, 2007.
- W. J. Mann, J. Wagner Jr., J. Chumas, and E. Chalas, “The management of pseudomyxoma peritonei,” Cancer, vol. 66, no. 7, pp. 1636–1640, 1990.
- H. C. Yeh, M. K. Shafir, G. Slater, R. J. Meyer, B. A. Cohen, and S. A. Geller, “Ultrasonography and computed tomography in pseudomyxoma peritonei,” Radiology, vol. 153, no. 2, pp. 507–510, 1984.
- K. A. Behranwala, T. Agarwal, D. El-Sharkawi, D. Shorvon, and A. Chang, “Laparoscopic resection of mucinous cystadenoma of appendix: a careful decision,” Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy and Percutaneous Techniques, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 347–348, 2006.
- J. Raj, L. M. Urban, S. G. Remine, and P. K. Raj, “Laparoscopic management of pseudomyxoma peritonei secondary to adenocarcinoma of the appendix,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 299–303, 1999.
- M. Valle and A. Garofalo, “Laparoscopic staging of peritoneal surface malignancies,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 625–627, 2006.
- T. Nozaki, K. Yasuda, A. Watanabe, and H. Fuse, “Laparoscopic management of urachal mucinous borderline tumor associated with pseudomyxoma peritonei,” Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy and Percutaneous Techniques, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. e152–e155, 2011.
- G. Liberale, P. Lemaitre, D. Noterman et al., “How should we treat mucinous appendiceal neoplasm? by laparoscopy or laparotomy?: a case report,” Acta Chirurgica Belgica, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 203–207, 2010.
- Y. Kotani, M. Shiota, M. Umemoto et al., “Laparoscopic mucin removal in patients with pseudomyxoma peritonei,” Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 203–206, 2009.
- N. C. Panarelli and R. K. Yantes, “Mucinous neoplasm of the appendix and peritoneum,” Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, vol. 135, no. 10, pp. 1261–1266, 2011.
- Y. Kyoto, M. Momose, C. Kondo, M. Itabashi, S. Kameoka, and K. Kusakabe, “Ability of 18F-FDG PET/CT to diagnose recurrent colorectal cancer in patients with elevated CEA concentrations,” Annals of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 395–401, 2010.