- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 780453, 6 pages
Minor Salivary Gland Tumours of Upper Aerodigestive Tract: A Clinicopathological Study
Department of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery of the Jagiellonian University, Rydygier Hospital, 1 Zlota Jesien Street, 31-826 Kraków, Poland
Received 5 January 2012; Accepted 22 March 2012
Academic Editor: Marta Czesnikiewicz-Guzik
Copyright © 2012 Grażyna Wyszyńska-Pawelec et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Toida, K. Shimokawa, H. Makita et al., “Intraoral minor salivary gland tumors: a clinicopathological study of 82 cases,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 528–532, 2005.
- M. A. Lopes, L. P. Kowalski, G. C. Santos, and O. P. de Almeida, “A clinicopathologic study of 196 intraoral minor salivary gland tumours,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 264–267, 1999.
- F. R. Pires, G. A. Pringle, O. P. de Almeida, and S.-Y. Chen, “Intra-oral minor salivary gland tumors: a clinicopathological study of 546 cases,” Oral Oncology, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 463–470, 2007.
- W.-Y. Yih, F. J. Kratochvil, and J. C. B. Stewart, “Intraoral minor salivary gland neoplasms: review of 213 cases,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 805–810, 2005.
- B. A. Moore, B. B. Burkey, J. L. Netterville, R. B. Butcher, and R. G. Amedee, “Surgical management of minor salivary gland neoplasms of the palate,” The Ochsner Journal, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 172–180, 2008.
- L. Barnes, J. W. Eveson, P. Reichart, and D. Sidransky, “World Health Organization classification of tumours,” in Pathology and Genetics of Head and Neck Tumours, pp. 254–258, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2005.
- N. V. Venkata and P. Irulandy, “The frequency and distribution pattern of minor salivary gland tumors in a government dental teaching hospital, Chennai, India,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, vol. 111, pp. e32–e39, 2011.
- K. Dhanuthai, M. Boonadulyarat, T. Jaengjongdee, and K. Jiruedee, “A clinico-pathologic study of 311 intra-oral salivary gland tumors in Thais,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 495–500, 2009.
- M. Guzzo, L. D. Locati, F. J. Prott, G. Gatta, M. McGurk, and L. Licitra, “Major and minor salivary gland tumors,” Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 134–148, 2010.
- A. Buchner, P. W. Merrell, and W. M. Carpenter, “Relative frequency of intra-oral minor salivary gland tumors: a study of 380 cases from northern California and comparison to reports from other parts of the world,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 207–214, 2007.
- P. Jansisyanont, R. H. Blanchaert, and R. A. Ord, “Intraoral minor salivary gland neoplasm: a single institution experience of 80 cases,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 257–261, 2002.
- S. Poomsawat, J. Punyasingh, and W. Weerapradist, “A retrospective study of 60 cases of salivary gland tumors in a Thai population,” Quintessence International, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 577–581, 2004.
- H. Luukkaa, P. Klemi, I. Leivo et al., “Salivary gland cancer in Finland 1991–96: an evaluation of 237 cases,” Acta Oto-Laryngologica, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 207–214, 2005.
- H. Kokemueller, G. Swennen, N. Brueggemann, P. Brachvogel, A. Eckardt, and J.-E. Hausamen, “Epithelial malignancies of the salivary glands: clinical experience of a single institution—a review,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 423–432, 2004.
- S. Carino and R. L. Cabrini, “Meta-analysis of the literature on 1946 cases of minor salivary gland tumors of the palate,” Acta Odontol Latinoam, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 23–31, 2007.
- N. Riley, R. Allison, and S. Stevenson, “Fine-needle aspiration cytology in parotid masses: our experience in Canterbury, New Zealand,” ANZ Journal of Surgery, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 144–146, 2005.
- M. J. Strick, C. Kelly, J. V. Soames, and N. R. McLean, “Malignant tumours of the minor salivary glands—a 20 year review,” British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 624–631, 2004.
- C. H. J. Terhaard, H. Lubsen, I. Van der Tweel et al., “Salivary gland carcinoma: independent prognostic factors for locoregional control, distant metastases, and overall survival: results of the Dutch head and neck oncology cooperative group,” Head and Neck, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 681–692, 2004.
- B. A. Moore, E. Magdy, J. L. Netterville, and B. B. Burkey, “Palatal reconstruction with the palatal island flap,” Laryngoscope, vol. 113, no. 6, pp. 946–951, 2003.
- E. M. Genden, B. B. Lee, and M. L. Urken, “The palatal island flap for reconstruction of palatal and retromolar trigone defects revisited,” Archives of Otolaryngology, vol. 127, no. 7, pp. 837–841, 2001.
- M. Guzzo, S. Andreola, G. Sirizzotti, and G. Cantu, “Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the salivary glands: clinicopathologic review of 108 patients treated at the National Cancer Institute of Milan,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 688–695, 2002.
- K. Hamper, F. Lazar, M. Dietel et al., “Prognostic factors for adenid cystic carcinoma of the head and neck: a retrospective evaluation of 96 cases,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 101–107, 1990.