- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 781765, 10 pages
Desmoplasia in Pancreatic Cancer. Can We Fight It?
1Oncology Unit, Third Department of Medicine, Sotiria General Hospital, University of Athens, 10679 Athens, Greece
2Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Received 25 May 2012; Accepted 17 September 2012
Academic Editor: Davor Stimac
Copyright © 2012 E. E. Merika et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Brandon Buckway, Yongjian Wang, Abhijit Ray, and Hamidreza Ghandehari, “Overcoming the stromal barrier for targeted delivery of HPMA copolymers to pancreatic tumors,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2013.
- Sheema Khan, Ansarullah Ansarullah, Deepak Kumar, and Meena Jaggi, “Targeting microRNAs in Pancreatic Cancer: Microplayers in the Big Game,” Cancer Research, vol. 73, no. 23, pp. 6541–6547, 2013.
- Cole R. Drifka, Kevin W. Eliceiri, Sharon M. Weber, and W. John Kao, “A bioengineered heterotypic stroma–cancer microenvironment model to study pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma,” Lab on a Chip, vol. 13, no. 19, pp. 3965, 2013.
- Deepak Chitkara, Anupama Mittal, and Ram I. Mahato, “miRNAs in Pancreatic Cancer: Therapeutic Potential, Delivery Challenges and Strategies,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 2014.
- Murali M. Yallapu, Sheema Khan, Diane M. Maher, Mara C. Ebeling, Vasudha Sundram, Neeraj Chauhan, Aditya Ganju, Swathi Balakrishna, Brij K. Gupta, Nadeem Zafar, Meena Jaggi, and Subhash C. Chauhan, “Anti-cancer activity of curcumin loaded nanoparticles in prostate cancer,” Biomaterials, 2014.
- Muhammad Wasif Saif, “Advanced stage pancreatic cancer: novel therapeutic options,” Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 487–498, 2014.
- Berna C. Özdemir, Tsvetelina Pentcheva-Hoang, Julienne L. Carstens, Xiaofeng Zheng, Chia-Chin Wu, Tyler R. Simpson, Hanane Laklai, Hikaru Sugimoto, Christoph Kahlert, Sergey V. Novitskiy, Ana De Jesus-Acosta, Padmanee Sharma, Pedram Heidari, Umar Mahmood, Lynda Chin, Harold L. Moses, Valerie M. Weaver, Anirban Maitra, James P. Allison, Valerie S. LeBleu, and Raghu Kalluri, “Depletion of Carcinoma-Associated Fibroblasts and Fibrosis Induces Immunosuppression and Accelerates Pancreas Cancer with Reduced Survival,” Cancer Cell, 2014.
- Lianyu Chen, Chao Qu, Hao Chen, Litao Xu, Qi Qi, Jianmin Luo, Kun Wang, Zhiqiang Meng, Zhen Chen, Peng Wang, and Luming Liu, “Chinese Herbal Medicine Suppresses Invasion-Promoting Capacity of Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts in Pancreatic Cancer,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 4, 2014.
- Archana Bhaw-Luximon, and Dhanjay Jhurry, “New avenues for improving Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma (PDAC) treatment: selective stroma depletion combined with nano drug delivery,” Cancer Letters, 2015.
- Sheema Khan, Mara C. Ebeling, Neeraj Chauhan, Paul A. Thompson, Rishi K. Gara, Aditya Ganju, Murali M. Yallapu, Stephen W. Behrman, Haotian Zhao, Nadeem Zafar, Man Mohan Singh, Meena Jaggi, and Subhash C. Chauhan, “Ormeloxifene Suppresses Desmoplasia and Enhances Sensitivity of Gemcitabine in Pancreatic Cancer,” Cancer Research, vol. 75, no. 11, pp. 2292–2304, 2015.
- Timothy J Underwood, Annette L Hayden, Mathieu Derouet, Edwin Garcia, Fergus Noble, Michael J White, Steve Thirdborough, Abbie Mead, Nicholas Clemons, Massimiliano Mellone, Chudy Uzoho, John N Primrose, Jeremy P Blaydes, and Gareth J Thomas, “Cancer-associated fibroblasts predict poor outcome and promote periostin-dependent invasion in oesophageal adenocarcinoma,” The Journal of Pathology, vol. 235, no. 3, pp. 466–477, 2015.