- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 801325, 4 pages
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy as a Primary Operation for Morbid Obesity: Experience with 200 Patients
Bariatric Surgery Unit, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Via A. Bosio 13, 00161 Rome, Italy
Received 11 February 2012; Revised 25 March 2012; Accepted 9 April 2012
Academic Editor: Eldon A. Shaffer
Copyright © 2012 Paolo Gentileschi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. J. Pories, M. S. Swanson, K. G. Mac Donald, et al., “Who would have thought it? An operation proves to be the most effective therapy for adult-onset diabetes mellitus,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 222, no. 3, pp. 339–352, 1995.
- J. P. Regan, W. B. Inabnet, M. Gagner, and A. Pomp, “Early experience with two-staged laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric by-pass as an alternative in the super-super obese,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 861–864, 2003.
- M. Dietel, R. D. Crosby, and M. Gagner, “The first international consensus summit for sleeve gastrectomy (SG), New York City, October 25–27, 2007,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 487–496, 2008.
- C. J. Ren, E. Patterson, and M. Gagner, “Early results of laparoscopic bilio-pancreatic diversion with duodenal switch: a case-series of 40 consecutive patients,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 514–523, 2000.
- O. N. Tucker, S. Szomstein, and R. J. Rosenthal, “Indications for sleeve gastrectomy as a primary procedure for weight loss in the morbidly obese,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 662–667, 2008.
- S. A. Brethauer, J. P. Hammel, and P. R. Schauer, “Systematic review of sleeve gastrectomy as staging and primary bariatric procedure,” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 469–475, 2009.
- R. A. Weiner, S. Weiner, I. Pomhoff, C. Jacobi, W. Makarewicz, and G. Weigand, “Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy-influence of sleeve size and resected gastric volume,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 1297–1305, 2007.
- F. B. Langher, A. Bohdjalian, S. Shakeri-Manesch, et al., “Eating behaviour in laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: correlation between plasma ghrelin levels and hunger,” European Surgery, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 120–124, 2008.
- S. N. Karamanakos, K. Vagenas, F. Kalfarentzos, and T. K. Alexandrides, “Weight loss, appetite suppression, and changes in fasting and post-prandial ghrelin and peptide-YY levels after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy; a prospective double-blind study,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 247, no. 3, pp. 401–407, 2008.
- J. Tan, S. Kariyawasam, T. Wijeratne, and H. S. Chandraratna, “Diagnosis and management of gastric leaks after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for morbid obesity,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 403–409, 2010.