- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 845672, 8 pages
Influence of Rosiglitazone on the Expression of PPARγ, NF-κB, and TNF-α in Rat Model of Ulcerative Colitis
1Department of Gastroenterology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Dalian Medical University, 222 Zhongshan Road, Dalian 116011, China
2Department of Respiratory, The First Affiliated Hospital of Dalian Medical University, 222 Zhongshan Road, Dalian 116011, China
Received 29 April 2012; Accepted 25 September 2012
Academic Editor: Dan L. Dumitrascu
Copyright © 2012 Jing-Wei Mao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. K. Hegazy and M. M. El-Bedewy, “Effect of probiotics on pro-inflammatory cytokines and NF-κb activation in ulcerative colitis,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 16, no. 33, pp. 4145–4151, 2010.
- M. T. Bengoechea-Alonso, B. Pelacho, J. A. Osés-Prieto, E. Santiago, N. López-Moratalla, and M. J. López-Zabalza, “Regulation of NF-κB activation by protein phosphatase 2B and NO, via protein kinase A activity, in human monocytes,” Nitric Oxide, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 65–74, 2003.
- R. M. Locksley, N. Killeen, and M. J. Lenardo, “The TNF and TNF receptor superfamilies: integrating mammalian biology,” Cell, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 487–501, 2001.
- L. R. Ferguson, C. Huebner, I. Petermann et al., “Single nucleotide polymorphism in the tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene affects inflammatory bowel diseases risk,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 14, no. 29, pp. 4652–4661, 2008.
- L. Dubuquoy, C. Rousseaux, X. Thuru et al., “PPARγ as a new therapeutic target in inflammatory bowel diseases,” Gut, vol. 55, no. 9, pp. 1341–1349, 2006.
- C. G. Su, X. Wen, S. T. Bailey et al., “A novel therapy for colitis utilizing PPAR-γ ligands to inhibit the epithelial inflammatory response,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 383–389, 1999.
- S. N. Porter, G. S. Howarth, and R. N. Butler, “An orally administered growth factor extract derived from bovine whey suppresses breath ethane in colitic rats,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 967–974, 1998.
- L. A. Dieleman, M. J. H. J. Palmen, H. Akol et al., “Chronic experimental colitis induced by dextran sulphate sodium (DSS) is characterized by Th1 and Th2 cytokines,” Clinical and Experimental Immunology, vol. 114, no. 3, pp. 385–391, 1998.
- L. Dubuquoy, E. Å Jansson, S. Deeb et al., “Impaired expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γin ulcerative colitis,” Gastroenterology, vol. 124, no. 5, pp. 1265–1276, 2003.
- J. K. Yamamoto-Furusho, A. Peñaloza-Coronel, F. Sánchez-Muñoz, R. Barreto-Zuñiga, and A. Dominguez-Lopez, “Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPAR-γ) expression is downregulated in patients with active ulcerative colitis,” Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 680–681, 2011.
- M. Ricote, A. C. Li, T. M. Willson, C. J. Kelly, and C. K. Glass, “The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ is a negative regulator of macrophage activation,” Nature, vol. 391, no. 6662, pp. 79–82, 1998.
- S. W. Chung, B. Y. Kang, S. H. Seung Hyun Kim et al., “Oxidized low density lipoprotein inhibits interleukin-12 production in lipopolysaccharide-activated mouse macrophages via direct interactions between peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ and nuclear factor-κB,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 275, no. 42, pp. 32681–32687, 2000.
- G. Pedersen and J. Brynskov, “Topical rosiglitazone treatment improves ulcerative colitis by restoring peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ activity,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 105, no. 7, pp. 1595–1603, 2010.