- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 872716, 16 pages
Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Synbiotics: Gut and Beyond
Kibow Biotech Inc., Newtown Business Center, 4781 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, PA 19073, USA
Received 16 March 2012; Accepted 20 July 2012
Academic Editor: Maurizio Gabrielli
Copyright © 2012 Usha Vyas and Natarajan Ranganathan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sunita Grover, Hogarehalli Mallapa Rashmi, Anil Kumar Srivastava, and Virender Kumar Batish, “Probiotics for human health - new innovations and emerging trends,” Gut Pathogens, vol. 4, 2012.
- Ka-Lung Lam, and Peter Chi-Keung Cheung, “Non-digestible long chain beta-glucans as novel prebiotics (Review),” Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre, 2013.
- Allen L. Lefkovitz, and Barbara J. Zarowitz, “It's a microscopic world after all: Prebiotics, probiotics, and synbiotics,” Geriatric Nursing, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 323–325, 2013.
- Caitriona M. Guinane, and Paul D. Cotter, “Role of the gut microbiota in health and chronic gastrointestinal disease: Understanding a hidden metabolic organ,” Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 295–308, 2013.
- Ola Storro, Ekaterina Avershina, and Knut Rudi, “Diversity of intestinal microbiota in infancy and the risk of allergic dise ase in childhood,” Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 257–262, 2013.
- Calum J. Walsh, Caitriona M. Guinane, Paul W. O’Toole, and Paul D. Cotter, “Beneficial modulation of the gut microbiota,” FEBS Letters, 2014.
- Jing Geng, Camille Chiron, and Jérôme Combrisson, “Rapid and specific enumeration of viable Bifidobacteria in dairy products based on flow cytometry technology: a proof of concept study,” International Dairy Journal, 2014.
- M. van den Nieuwboer, E. Claassen, L. Morelli, F. Guarner, and R.J. Brummer, “Probiotic and synbiotic safety in infants under two years of age,” Beneficial Microbes, vol. 1, no. -1, pp. 1–16, 2014.