- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 908963, 7 pages
Percutaneous Fine Needle Biopsy in Pancreatic Tumors: A Study of 42 Cases
1Department of Pathology, University of Jan Kochanowski (UJK), Al. IX Wieków Kielc 19, 25-317 Kielce, Poland
2Department of Surgery and Surgical Nursing, University of Jan Kochanowski (UJK), Al. IX Wieków Kielc 19, 25-317 Kielce, Poland
3Department of Radiology, Joint Provincial Hospital Kielce, ul. Grunwaldzka 45, 25-736 Kielce, Poland
Received 29 June 2012; Revised 19 November 2012; Accepted 22 November 2012
Academic Editor: Grazyna Rydzewska
Copyright © 2012 Piotr Lewitowicz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Ćwik, M. Solecki, T. Pedowski, and G. Wallner, “Current ultrasonography approach in diagnosing pathology of the pancreas,” Przeglad Gastroenterologiczny, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 202–206, 2010.
- S. H. Lee, N. Ozden, R. Pawa et al., “Periductal hypoechoic sign: an endosonographic finding associated with pancreatic malignancy,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 249–255, 2010.
- A. M. Bellizzi and E. B. Stelow, “Pancreatic cytopathology A practical approach and review,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 133, no. 3, pp. 388–404, 2009.
- A. M. O'Connell, F. Keeling, M. Given, M. Logan, and M. J. Lee, “Fine-needle trucut biopsy versus fine-needle aspiration cytology with ultrasound guidance in the abdomen,” Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 231–236, 2008.
- H. Sakamoto, M. Kitano, T. Komaki et al., “Prospective comparative study of the EUS guided 25-gauge FNA needle with the 19-gauge Trucut needle and 22-gauge FNA needle in patients with solid pancreatic masses,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 384–390, 2009.
- I. Karoumpalis, P. Sigalas, C. Salla et al., “Endoscopic ultrasound staging and guided fine needle aspiration biopsy in patients with resectable pancreatic malignancies: a single-center prospective experience,” Onkologie, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 533–537, 2011.
- G. Kocjan, “Fine needle aspiration cytology of the pancreas: a guide to the diagnostic approach,” Collegium Antropologicum, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 749–756, 2010.
- M. Genevay, M. Mino-Kenudson, K. Yaeger et al., “Cytology adds value to imaging studies for risk assessment of malignancy in pancreatic mucinous cysts,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 254, no. 6, pp. 977–983, 2011.
- T. E. Yusuf, S. Ho, D. A. Pavey, H. Michael, and F. G. Gress, “Retrospective analysis of the utility of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration (EUS-FNA) in pancreatic masses, using a 22-gauge or 25-gauge needle system: a multicenter experience,” Endoscopy, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 445–448, 2009.
- T. E. Yusuf, S. Ho, D. A. Pavey, H. Michael, and F. G. Gress, “Erratum: retrospective analysis of the utility of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration (EUS-FNA) inpancreatic masses, using a 22-gauge or 25-gauge needle system: a multicenter experience,” Endoscopy, vol. 41, no. 6, p. 509, 2009.
- C. Gemmel, A. Eickhoff, L. Helmstadter, and J. F. Riemann, “Pancreatic cancer screening: state of the art,” Expert Review of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 89–96, 2009.
- M. A. Eloubeidi, S. Varadarajulu, S. Desai, and C. M. Wilcox, “Value of repeat endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration for suspected pancreatic cancer,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 567–570, 2008.
- J. Lachter, Y. Rosenthal, and Y. Kluger, “A multidisciplinary survey on controversies in the use of EUS-guided FNA: assessing perspectives of surgeons, oncologists and gastroenterologists,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 11, article 117, 2011.
- A. A. Siddiqui, T. E. Kowalski, H. Shahid et al., “False-positive EUS-guided FNA cytology for solid pancreatic lesions,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 535–540, 2011.
- D. Bose, E. Tamm, J. Liu et al., “Multidisciplinary management strategy for incidental cystic lesions of the pancreas,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 211, no. 2, pp. 205–215, 2010.
- A. Das, S. Ngamruengphong, S. Nagendra, and A. Chak, “Asymptomatic pancreatic cystic neoplasm: a cost-effectiveness analysis of different strategies of management,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 690–699, 2009.
- P. Thomas Cherian, P. Mohan, A. Douiri, P. Taniere, R. K. Hejmadi, and B. S. Mahon, “Role of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration in the diagnosis of solid pancreatic and peripancreatic lesions: is onsite cytopathology necessary?” HPB, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 389–395, 2010.
- M. B. Pitman, M. Genevay, K. Yaeger et al., “High-grade atypical epithelial cells in pancreatic mucinous cysts are a more accurate predictor of malignancy than "positive" cytology,” Cancer cytopathology, vol. 118, no. 6, pp. 434–440, 2010.
- D. Dumitrescu, C. F. Popescu, and A. Sǎftoiu, “Intraductal papillary mucinous tumors of the pancreas,” Romanian Journal of Morphology and Embryology, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 447–453, 2010.
- E. Ohno, Y. Hirooka, A. Itoh et al., “Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas: differentiation of malignant and benign tumors by endoscopic ultrasound findings of mural nodules,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 249, no. 4, pp. 628–634, 2009.
- W. Kibil, J. Kulig, and R. Pach, “Solid and papillary neoplasm of the pancreas (SPNP)—a rare pancreatic neoplasm detected by fine needle aspiration biopsy—a case report,” Nowotwory, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 453–455, 2009.
- G. Garcea, S. L. Ong, A. Rajesh et al., “Cystic lesions of the pancreas: a diagnostic and management dilemma,” Pancreatology, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 236–251, 2008.
- S. Cizginer, B. Turner, A. Reyyan Bilge, C. Karaca, M. B. Pitman, and W. R. Brugge, “Cyst fluid carcinoembryonic antigen is an accurate diagnostic marker of pancreatic mucinous cysts,” Pancreas, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1024–1028, 2011.
- G. Lahat, N. Lubezky, M. B. Haim et al., “Cystic tumors of the pancreas: high malignant potential,” Israel Medical Association Journal, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 284–289, 2011.
- K. Takuma, T. Kamisawa, R. Gopalakrishna et al., “Strategy to differentiate autoimmune pancreatitis from pancreas cancer,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 1015–1020, 2012.
- E. A. Jarboe and L. J. Layfield, “Cytologic features of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia and pancreatitis: potential pitfalls in the diagnosis of pancreatic ductal carcinoma,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 575–581, 2011.
- L. J. Layfield and E. A. Jarboe, “Cytopathology of the pancreas: neoplastic and nonneoplastic entities,” Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 140–151, 2010.
- R. Zubarik, S. R. Gordon, S. D. Lidofsky et al., “Screening for pancreatic cancer in a high-risk population with serum CA 19-9 and targeted EUS: a feasibility study,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 87–95, 2011.
- A. Andrén-Sandberg, M. Hedberg, P. Jurałowicz, R. Talar-Wojnarowska, and E. Małecka-Panas, “Surgical treatment of pancreatic cancer—randomized controlled trials,” Przeglad Gastroenterologiczny, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 133–138, 2011.