- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 979506, 5 pages
Paraoxonase and Arylesterase Activities, Lipid Profile, and Oxidative Damage in Experimental Ischemic Colitis Model
1General Surgery Clinic, Haydarpasa Numune Research and Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
2General Surgery Clinic, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Research and Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
3Department of Biochemistry, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
4Deparment of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Balikesir University, Balikesir, Turkey
5Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Namik Kemal University, Tekirdag, Turkey
6Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Sakarya University, Sakarya, Turkey
7Department of Pathology, Haydarpasa Numune Research and Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
8General Surgery Clinic, Istanbul Bagcilar Research and Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Received 26 March 2012; Revised 11 October 2012; Accepted 11 October 2012
Academic Editor: Fabio Farinati
Copyright © 2012 Ethem Unal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Huguier, A. Barrier, P. Y. Boelle, S. Houry, and F. Lacaine, “Ischemic colitis,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 192, no. 5, pp. 679–684, 2006.
- J. R. Scharff, W. E. Longo, S. M. Vartanian et al., “Ischemic colitis: spectrum of disease and outcome,” Surgery, vol. 134, no. 4, pp. 624–630, 2003.
- S. V. Alapati and A. A. Mihas, “When to suspect ischemic colitis: why is this condition so often missed or misdiagnosed?” Postgraduate Medicine, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 177–187, 1999.
- N. L. Guttormson and M. P. Bubrick, “Mortality from ischemic colitis,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 469–472, 1989.
- A. Thomson, D. Hemphill, and K. N. Jeejeebhoy, “Oxidative stress and antioxidants in intestinal disease,” Digestive Diseases, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 152–158, 1998.
- K. Koga, Y. Ishitobi, S. Kawashima, M. Taniguchi, and M. Murakami, “Membrane permeability and antipyrine absorption in a rat model of ischemic colitis,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 286, no. 1-2, pp. 41–52, 2004.
- S. Tsuzura, Y. Ikeda, T. Suehiro et al., “Correlation of plasma oxidized low-density lipoprotein levels to vascular complications and human serum paraoxonase in patients with type 2 diabetes,” Metabolism, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 297–302, 2004.
- N. Santanam and S. Parthasarathy, “Aspirin is a substrate for paraoxonase-like activity: implications in atherosclerosis,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 191, no. 2, pp. 272–275, 2007.
- K. Hiiemae, H. Rozmiarek, J. F. Williams, J. E. LeBeau, and M. Ross, “Report of a panel discussion on how to run an effective Animal Care and Use Committee,” Laboratory Animal Science Chicago, vol. 37, pp. 39–44, 1987.
- J. A. Buege and S. D. Aust, “Microsomal lipid peroxidation,” Methods in Enzymology, vol. 52, pp. 302–310, 1978.
- T. Yao, A. Iwashita, T. Hoashi et al., “Phlebosclerotic colitis: value of radiography in diagnosis—report of three cases,” Radiology, vol. 214, no. 1, pp. 188–192, 2000.
- L. Jaouad, C. Milochevitch, and A. Khalil, “PON1 paraoxonase activity is reduced during HDL oxidation and is an indicator of HDL antioxidant capacity,” Free Radical Research, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 77–83, 2003.
- S. D. Nguyen and D. E. Sok, “Oxidative inactivation of paraoxonase1, an antioxidant protein and its effect on antioxidant action,” Free Radical Research, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 1319–1330, 2003.
- B. Mackness, P. N. Durrington, A. J. M. Boulton, D. Hine, and M. I. Mackness, “Serum paraoxonase activity in patients with type 1 diabetes compared to healthy controls,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 259–264, 2002.
- E. Unal, H. Uzun, R. Kusaslan et al., “Serum paraoxonase (a high-density lipoprotein-associated lipophilic antioxidant) activity and lipid profile in experimental acute pancreatitis,” Pancreas, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 84–87, 2005.
- M. Granér, R. W. James, J. Kahri, M. S. Nieminen, M. Syvänne, and M. R. Taskinen, “Association of paraoxonase-1 activity and concentration with angiographic severity and extent of coronary artery disease,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 2429–2435, 2006.
- J. M. Manresa, A. Zamora, M. Tomás et al., “Relationship of classical and non-classical risk factors with genetic variants relevant to coronary heart disease,” European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 738–744, 2006.