- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 181604, 4 pages
Duodenal Tube Feeding: An Alternative Approach for Effectively Promoting Weight Gain in Children with Gastroesophageal Reflux and Congenital Heart Disease
1Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology, Saitama Medical University, Saitama, Japan
2Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, Staff Office Building 101, 1985 Kamoda, Kawagoe, Saitama 350-1981, Japan
Received 21 December 2012; Accepted 24 March 2013
Academic Editor: Ping-I Hsu
Copyright © 2013 Seiko Kuwata et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Glassman, D. George, and B. Grill, “Gastroesophageal reflux in children: clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and therapy,” Gastroenterology Clinics of North America, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 71–98, 1995.
- R. K. Cribbs, K. F. Heiss, M. L. Clabby, and M. L. Wulkan, “Gastric fundoplication is effective in promoting weight gain in children with severe congenital heart defects,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 283–289, 2008.
- D. G. Johnson and S. G. Jolley, “Gastroesophageal reflux in infants and children. Recognition and treatment,” Surgical Clinics of North America, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 1101–1115, 1981.
- S. R. Orenstein, E. Hassall, W. Furmaga-Jablonska, S. Atkinson, and M. Raanan, “Multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial assessing the efficacy and safety of proton pump inhibitor lansoprazole in infants with symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 154, no. 4, pp. 514.e4–520.e4, 2009.
- R. J. van der Pol, M. J. Smits, M. P. van Wijk, T. I. Omari, M. M. Tabbers, and M. A. Benninga, “Efficacy of proton-pump inhibitors in children with gastroesophageal reflux disease: a systematic review,” Pediatrics, vol. 127, pp. 925–935, 2011.
- R. B. Canani, P. Cirillo, P. Roggero et al., “Therapy with gastric acidity inhibitors increases the risk of acute gastroenteritis and community-acquired pneumonia in children,” Pediatrics, vol. 117, no. 5, pp. e817–e820, 2006.
- E. W. Fonkalsrud, K. W. Ashcraft, A. G. Coran et al., “Surgical treatment of gastroesophageal reflux in children: a combined hospital study of 7467 patients,” Pediatrics, vol. 101, no. 3, part 1, pp. 419–422, 1998.
- S. G. Jolley, J. J. Herbst, and D. G. Johnson, “Surgery in children with gastroesophageal reflux and respiratory symptoms,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 194–198, 1980.
- S. S. Rothenberg, “Experience with 220 consecutive laparoscopic nissen fundoplications in infants and children,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 274–278, 1998.
- E. W. Fonkalsrud, J. Bustorff-Silva, C. A. Perez, R. Quintero, L. Martin, and J. B. Atkinson, “Antireflux surgery in children under 3 months of age,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 527–531, 1999.
- K. M. Weesner and A. Rosenthal, “Gastroesophageal reflux in association with congenital heart disease,” Clinical Pediatrics, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 424–426, 1983.
- M. L. Wulkan and S. A. Vasudevan, “Is end-tidal CO2 an accurate measure of arterial CO2 during laparoscopic procedures in children and neonates with cyanotic congenital heart disease?” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 1234–1236, 2001.
- E. R. Mariano, M. G. Boltz, C. T. Albanese, C. T. Abrajano, and C. Ramamoorthy, “Anesthetic management of infants with palliated hypoplastic left heart syndrome undergoing laparoscopic nissen fundoplication,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 1631–1633, 2005.
- M. Seki, T. Kato, S. Masutani, T. Matsunaga, and H. Senzaki, “Pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with gastroesophageal reflux in a 2-month-old boy with Down syndrome,” Circulation Journal, vol. 73, no. 12, pp. 2352–2354, 2009.