- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 184806, 5 pages
Performance of Routine Helicobacter pylori Invasive Tests in Patients with Dyspepsia
1Liver Center, Department of Gastroenterology, Ren-Ai Branch, Taipei City Hospital, Taipei 106, Taiwan
2Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
3Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Municipal Hsiao-Kang Hospital, Kaohsiung 812, Taiwan
4Cancer Center, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
5Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
Received 1 August 2013; Revised 31 October 2013; Accepted 24 November 2013
Academic Editor: Chao-Hung Kuo
Copyright © 2013 Hsi-Chang Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Vaira, M. Miglioli, P. Mulè et al., “Prevalence of peptic ulcer in Helicobacter pylori positive blood donors,” Gut, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 309–312, 1994.
- J. T. Lin, J. T. Wang, T. H. Wang, M. S. Wu, T. K. Lee, and C. J. Chen, “Helicobacter pylori infection in a randomly selected population, healthy volunteers, and patients with gastric ulcer and gastric adenocarcinoma. A seroprevalence study in Taiwan,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 1067–1072, 1993.
- B. J. Marshall, “Helicobacter pylori,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 89, supplement 8, pp. S116–S128, 1994.
- E. A. Rauws and G. N. Tytgat, “Cure of duodenal ulcer associated with eradication of Helicobacter pylori,” The Lancet, vol. 335, no. 8700, pp. 1233–1235, 1990.
- R. J. Asghar and J. Parsonnet, “Helicobacter pylori and risk for gastric adenocarcinoma,” Seminars in Gastrointestinal Disease, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 203–208, 2001.
- P. Sipponen, “Gastric cancer: pathogenesis, risks, and prevention,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 37, supplement 13, pp. 39–44, 2002.
- F. Megraud, “How should Helicobacter pylori infection be diagnosed?” Gastroenterology, vol. 113, supplement 6, pp. S93–S98, 1997.
- N. J. Talley, D. G. Newell, J. E. Ormand et al., “Serodiagnosis of Helicobacter pylori: comparison of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 1635–1639, 1991.
- A. Oksanen, L. Veijola, P. Sipponen, K. O. Schauman, and H. Rautelin, “Evaluation of Pyloriset Screen, a rapid whole-blood diagnostic test for Helicobacter pylori infection,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 955–957, 1998.
- “Unidentified curved bacilli on gastric epithelium in active chronic gastritis,” The Lancet, vol. 1, no. 8336, pp. 1273–1275, 1983.
- E. Bayerdorffer, H. Oertel, N. Lehn et al., “Topographic association between active gastritis and Campylobacter pylori colonisation,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 834–839, 1989.
- R. M. Genta and D. Y. Graham, “Comparison of biopsy sites for the histopathologic diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori: a topographic study of H. pylori density and distribution,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 342–345, 1994.
- K. Satoh, K. Kimura, Y. Taniguchi et al., “Biopsy sites suitable for the diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection and the assessment of the extent of atrophic gastritis,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 569–573, 1998.
- M. C. van Ijzendoorn, R. J. F. Laheij, W. A. de Boer, and J. B. M. J. Jansen, “The importance of corpus biopsies for the determination of Helicobacter pylori infection,” Netherlands Journal of Medicine, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 141–145, 2005.
- J. Tack, N. J. Talley, M. Camilleri et al., “Functional gastroduodenal disorders,” Gastroenterology, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. 1466–1479, 2006.
- D. Vaira and N. Vakil, “Blood, urine, stool, breath, money, and Helicobacter pylori,” Gut, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 287–289, 2001.
- “Technical annex: tests used to assess Helicobacter pylori infection. Working party of the European Helicobacter pylori study group,” Gut, vol. 41, Supplment 2, pp. S10–S18, 1997.
- P. Malfertheiner, F. Megraud, C. O'Morain et al., “Current concepts in the management of Helicobacter pylori infection: the Maastricht III consensus report,” Gut, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 772–781, 2007.
- Y. Glupczynski, “Microbiological and serological diagnostic tests for Helicobacter pylori: an overview,” Acta Gastro, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 321–326, 1998.
- F. Mégraud, “Advantages and disadvantages of current diagnostic tests for the detection of Helicobacter pylori,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 31, no. 215, pp. 57–62, 1996.
- A. Korstanje, S. van Eeden, G. J. A. Offerhaus et al., “The 13carbon urea breath test for the diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection in subjects with atrophic gastritis: evaluation in a primary care setting,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 643–650, 2006.
- A. F. Cutler, S. Havstad, C. K. Ma, M. J. Blaser, G. I. Perez-Perez, and T. T. Schubert, “Accuracy of invasive and noninvasive tests to diagnose Helicobacter pylori infection,” Gastroenterology, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 136–141, 1995.
- A. M. Abdalla, E. M. Sordillo, Z. Hanzely et al., “Insensitivity of the CLOtest for H. pylori, especially in the elderly,” Gastroenterology, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 243–244, 1998.
- F. Mégraud, “A growing demand for Helicobacter pylori culture in the near future?” Italian Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 574–576, 1997.
- J. S. Woo, H. M. T. El-Zimaity, R. M. Genta, M. M. Yousfi, and D. Y. Graham, “The best gastric site for obtaining a positive rapid urease test,” Helicobacter, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 256–259, 1996.