- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 207129, 3 pages
Therapeutic Endoscopic Ultrasonography: Intratumoral Injection for Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma
1Division of Surgical Oncology, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
2Advantagene, Inc., Auburndale, MA 02466, USA
3Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210-1267, USA
Received 22 February 2013; Accepted 7 March 2013
Academic Editor: Siyu Sun
Copyright © 2013 Lawrence A. Shirley et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Howlader, A. M. Noone, M. Krapcho et al., et al., SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975–2009, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Md, USA, 2012.
- L. K. Aguilar, B. W. Guzik, and E. Aguilar-Cordova, “Cytotoxic immunotherapy strategies for cancer: mechanisms and clinical development,” Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 112, pp. 1969–1977, 2011.
- Y. Nakai and K. J. Chang, “Endoscopic ultrasound-guided antitumor agents,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America, vol. 22, pp. 315–324, 2012.
- K. J. Chang, P. T. Nguyen, J. A. Thompson et al., “Phase I clinical trial of allogeneic mixed lymphocyte culture (cytoimplant) delivered by endoscopic ultrasound guided fine-needle injection in patients with advanced pancreatic carcinoma,” Cancer, vol. 88, pp. 1325–1335, 2000.
- S. Mulvihill, R. Warren, A. Venook et al., “Safety and feasibility of injection with an E1B-55 kDa gene-deleted, replication-selective adenovirus (ONYX-015) into primary carcinomas of the pancreas: a phase I trial,” Gene Therapy, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 308–315, 2001.
- J. R. Hecht, J. J. Farrell, N. Senzer et al., “EUS or percutaneously guided intratumoral TNFerade biologic with 5-fluorouracil and radiotherapy for first-line treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer: a phase I/II study,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 332–338, 2012.
- M. J. Levy, S. R. Alberts, S. T. Chari et al., “EUS guided intra-tumoral gemcitabine therapy for locally advanced and metastatic pancreatic cancer,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 73, pp. AB144–AB145, 2011.
- A. Irisawa, T. Takagi, M. Kanazawa et al., “Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle injection of immature dendritic cells into advanced pancreatic cancer refractory to gemcitabine: a pilot study,” Pancreas, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 189–190, 2007.