- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 210205, 10 pages
Expression and Significances of Contactin-1 in Human Gastric Cancer
1Department of General Surgery, Shanghai 3rd People's Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao-tong University, Shanghai 201900, China
2Department of Pathology, Shanghai 3rd People's Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao-tong University, Shanghai 201900, China
Received 26 April 2012; Accepted 19 February 2013
Academic Editor: Eldon A. Shaffer
Copyright © 2013 Ji-Wei Yu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Matsumura, N. Oue, Y. Mitani, Y. Kitadai, and W. Yasui, “DNA demethylation of vascular endothelial growth factor-C is associated with gene expression and its possible involvement of lymphangiogenesis in gastric cancer,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 120, no. 8, pp. 1689–1695, 2007.
- T. Mäkinen, C. Norrmén, and T. V. Petrova, “Molecular mechanisms of lymphatic vascular development,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 64, no. 15, pp. 1915–1929, 2007.
- R. J. C. Albuquerque, T. Hayashi, W. G. Cho et al., “Alternatively spliced vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 is an essential endogenous inhibitor of lymphatic vessel growth,” Nature Medicine, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 1023–1030, 2009.
- H. Morita, Y. Ishikawa, Y. Akishima-Fukasawa et al., “Histopathological predictor for regional lymph node metastasis in gastric cancer,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 454, no. 2, pp. 143–151, 2009.
- E. O. Berglund and B. Ranscht, “Molecular cloning and in situ localization of the human contactin gene (CNTN1) on chromosome 12q11-q12,” Genomics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 571–582, 1994.
- T. Sakurai, M. Lustig, M. Nativ et al., “Induction of neurite outgrowth through contactin and Nr-CAM by extracellular regions of glial receptor tyrosine phosphatase β,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 136, no. 4, pp. 907–918, 1997.
- L. Zeng, L. D'Alessandri, M. B. Kalousek, L. Vaughan, and C. J. Pallen, “Protein tyrosine phosphatase α (PTPα) and contactin form a novel neuronal receptor complex linked to the intracellular tyrosine kinase fyn,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 147, no. 4, pp. 707–714, 1999.
- J. L. Su, P. C. Yang, J. Y. Shih et al., “The VEGF-C/Flt-4 axis promotes invasion and metastasis of cancer cells,” Cancer Cell, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 209–223, 2006.
- J. L. Su, C. Y. Yang, J. Y. Shih et al., “Knockdown of contactin-1 expression suppresses invasion and metastasis of lung adenocarcinoma,” Cancer Research, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 2553–2561, 2006.
- L. Sobin and C. Wittekind, UICC: TNM Classification of Malignant Tumors, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 5th edition, 1997.
- M. Kodama, Y. Kitadai, M. Tanaka et al., “Vascular endothelial growth factor C stimulates progression of human gastric cancer via both autocrine and paracrine mechanisms,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 14, no. 22, pp. 7205–7214, 2008.
- F. Farace, M. Taylor, J. Rössler, Y. Loriot, and B. Besse, “Quantification of circulating vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3-positive lymphatic/vascular endothelial progenitor cells,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 15, no. 21, article 6740, 2009.
- M. X. Da, X. T. Wu, J. Wang et al., “Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and vascular endothelial growth factor-C correlates with lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic invasion in human gastric cancer,” Archives of Medical Research, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 92–99, 2008.
- A. Gevorgyan, M. Di Bartolomeo, S. Andreola et al., “Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFr) status detection in correlation to objective response on cetuximab-based therapy in patients (pts) with advanced colorectal cancer (ACC),” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 18, Article ID 21070, 2007.
- N. Weidner, J. P. Semple, W. R. Welch, and J. Folkman, “Tumor angiogenesis and metastasis—correlation in invasive breast carcinoma,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 324, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 1991.
- C. Odaka, T. Morisada, Y. Oike, and T. Suda, “Distribution of lymphatic vessels in mouse thymus: immunofluorescence analysis,” Cell and Tissue Research, vol. 325, no. 1, pp. 13–22, 2006.
- R. E. Bachelder, M. A. Wendt, and A. M. Mercurio, “Vascular endothelial growth factor promotes breast carcinoma invasion in an autocrine manner by regulating the chemokine receptor CXCR4,” Cancer Research, vol. 62, no. 24, pp. 7203–7206, 2002.
- J. L. Su, P. S. Chen, M. H. Chien et al., “Further evidence for expression and function of the VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 axis in cancer cells,” Cancer Cell, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 557–560, 2008.
- C. Iwata, M. R. Kano, A. Komuro et al., “Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 suppresses lymph node metastasis via reduction of lymphangiogenesis,” Cancer Research, vol. 67, no. 21, pp. 10181–10189, 2007.
- K. Jennbacken, C. Vallbo, W. Wang, and J. E. Damber, “Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) and VEGF receptor-3 in human prostate cancer is associated with regional lymph node metastasis,” Prostate, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 110–116, 2005.
- Z. K. Otrock, J. A. Makarem, and A. I. Shamseddine, “Vascular endothelial growth factor family of ligands and receptors: review,” Blood Cells, Molecules, and Diseases, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 258–268, 2007.
- M. Lohela, M. Bry, T. Tammela, and K. Alitalo, “VEGFs and receptors involved in angiogenesis versus lymphangiogenesis,” Current Opinion in Cell Biology, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 154–165, 2009.
- J. B. Burton, S. J. Priceman, J. L. Sung et al., “Suppression of prostate cancer nodal and systemic metastasis by blockade of the lymphangiogenic axis,” Cancer Research, vol. 68, no. 19, pp. 7828–7837, 2008.
- Y. Kitadai, T. Amioka, K. Haruma et al., “Clinicopathological significance of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-C in human esophageal squamous cell carcinomas,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 93, no. 5, pp. 662–666, 2001.
- T. Amioka, Y. Kitadai, S. Tanaka et al., “Vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression predicts lymph node metastasis of human gastric carcinomas invading the submucosa,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 1413–1419, 2002.
- C. Zhang, L. Hao, L. Wang et al., “Elevated IGFIR expression regulating VEGF and VEGF-C predicts lymph node metastasis in human colorectal cancer,” BMC Cancer, vol. 10, no. 1, article 184, 2010.
- M. He, Y. Cheng, W. Li et al., “Vascular endothelial growth factor C promotes cervical cancer metastasis via up-regulation and activation of RhoA/ROCK-2/moesin cascade,” BMC Cancer, vol. 10, no. 1, article 170, 2010.
- D. Zhang, B. Li, J. Shi et al., “Suppression of tumor growth and metastasis by simultaneously blocking vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-A and VEGF-C with a receptor-immunoglobulin fusion protein,” Cancer Research, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 2495–2503, 2010.
- J. Falk, C. Bonnon, J. A. Girault, and C. Faivre-Sarrailh, “F3/contactin, a neuronal cell adhesion molecule implicated in axogenesis and myelination,” Biology of the Cell, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 327–334, 2002.
- R. A. Reid, D. D. Bronson, K. M. Young, and J. J. Hemperly, “Identification and characterization of the human cell adhesion molecule contactin,” Molecular Brain Research, vol. 21, no. 1-2, pp. 1–8, 1994.
- H. Umemori, S. Sato, T. Yagi, S. Aizawa, and T. Yamamoto, “Initial events of myelination involve Fyn tyrosine kinase signalling,” Nature, vol. 367, no. 6463, pp. 572–576, 1994.
- C. Eckerich, S. Zapf, U. Ulbricht et al., “Contactin is expressed in human astrocytic gliomas and mediates repulsive effects,” Glia, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2006.
- J. M. Bishop, “The molecular genetics of cancer,” Science, vol. 235, no. 4786, pp. 305–311, 1987.