- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 217695, 5 pages
Usefulness of Magnifying Endoscopy with Narrow-Band Imaging for Determining Tumor Invasion Depth in Early Gastric Cancer
1Department of Gastroenterology, Toranomon Hospital, 2-2-2 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8470, Japan
2Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
Received 22 April 2012; Accepted 10 December 2012
Academic Editor: Guido Schumacher
Copyright © 2013 Daisuke Kikuchi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Hoteya, T. Iizuka, D. Kikuchi, and N. Yahagi, “Benefits of endoscopic submucosal dissection according to size and location of gastric neoplasm, compared with conventional mucosal resection,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1102–1106, 2009.
- Japanese Gastric Cancer Association, “Japanese classification of gastric carcinoma, 2nd English edition,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 1, pp. 10–24, 1998.
- T. Gotoda, A. Yanagisawa, M. Sasako et al., “Incidence of lymph node metastasis from early gastric cancer: estimation with a large number of cases at two large centers,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 219–225, 2000.
- J. Choi, S. G. Kim, J. P. Im, J. S. Kim, H. C. Jung, and I. S. Song, “Endoscopic prediction of tumor invasion depth in early gastric cancer,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 73, no. 5, pp. 917–927, 2011.
- R. M. Kwee and T. C. Kwee, “The accuracy of endoscopic ultrasonography in differentiating mucosal from deeper gastric cancer,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 103, no. 7, pp. 1801–1809, 2008.
- K. Gono, K. Yamazaki, N. Doguchi et al., “Endoscopic observation of tissue by narrowband illumination,” Optical Review, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 211–215, 2003.
- K. Yao, T. Oishi, T. Matsui, T. Yao, and A. Iwashita, “Novel magnified endoscopic findings of microvascular architecture in intramucosal gastric cancer,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 279–284, 2002.
- T. Nakayoshi, H. Tajiri, K. Matsuda, M. Kaise, M. Ikegami, and H. Sasaki, “Magnifying endoscopy combined with narrow band imaging system for early gastric cancer: correlation of vascular pattern with histopathology (including video),” Endoscopy, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 1080–1084, 2004.
- S. Kiyotoki, J. Nishikawa, M. Satake et al., “Usefulness of magnifying endoscopy with narrow-band imaging for determining gastric tumor margin,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 1636–1641, 2010.
- M. Kaise, M. Kato, M. Urashima et al., “Magnifying endoscopy combined with narrow-band imaging for differential diagnosis of superficial depressed gastric lesions,” Endoscopy, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 310–315, 2009.
- H. Kanao, S. Tanaka, S. Oka, M. Hirata, S. Yoshida, and K. Chayama, “Narrow-band imaging magnification predicts the histology and invasion depth of colorectal tumors,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 631–636, 2009.
- T. Yoshida, H. Inoue, S. Usui, H. Satodate, N. Fukami, and S. E. Kudo, “Narrow-band imaging system with magnifying endoscopy for superficial esophageal lesions,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 288–295, 2004.