- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 262171, 5 pages
Clinical Practice of Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection for Early Colorectal Neoplasms by a Colonoscopist with Limited Gastric Experience
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yuan’s General Hospital, No. 162 Cheng-gong 1st Road, Lyngya District, Kaohsiung City 802, Taiwan
Received 7 October 2013; Accepted 24 November 2013
Academic Editor: K. Geboes
Copyright © 2013 Wen-Hsin Hsu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Saito, T. Uraoka, Y. Yamaguchi et al., “A prospective, multicenter study of 1111 colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissections (with video),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 72, no. 6, pp. 1217–1225, 2010.
- Y. Saito, H. Kawano, Y. Takeuchi et al., “Current status of colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection in Japan and other Asian countries: progressing towards technical standardization,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 24, supplement 1, pp. 67–72, 2012.
- A. Probst, D. Golger, M. Anthuber, B. Märkl, and H. Messmann, “Endoscopic submucosaL dissection in large sessiLe lesions of the rectosigmoid: learning curve in a European center,” Endoscopy, vol. 44, pp. 660–667, 2012.
- H. Thorlacius, N. Uedo, and E. Toth, “Implementation of endoscopic submucosal dissection for early colorectal neoplasms in Sweden,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2013, Article ID 758202, 6 pages, 2013.
- K. Hotta, T. Fujii, Y. Saito, and T. Matsuda, “Local recurrence after endoscopic resection of colorectal tumors,” International Journal of Colorectal Disease, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 225–230, 2009.
- T. Nakajima, Y. Saito, S. Tanaka, et al., “Current status of endoscopic resection strategy for large, early colorectal neoplasia in Japan,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 27, pp. 3262–3270, 2013.
- K. Ohata, T. Ito, H. Chiba, Y. Tsuji, and N. Matsuhashi, “Effective training system in colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 24, supplement 1, pp. 84–89, 2012.
- K. Niimi, M. Fujishiro, S. Kodashima et al., “Long-term outcomes of endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal epithelial neoplasms,” Endoscopy, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 723–729, 2010.
- Taiwan Cancer Registry, Source: Health Promotion Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2010.
- R. J. Schlemper, R. H. Riddell, Y. Kato et al., “The vienna classification of gastrointestinal epithelial neoplasia,” Gut, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 251–255, 2000.
- T. Watanabe, M. Itabashi, Y. Shimada, et al., “Japanese Society for Cancer of the Colon and Rectum (JSCCR) guidelines 2010 for the treatment of colorectal cancer,” International Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 17, pp. 1–29, 2012.
- H. Ueno, H. Mochizuki, Y. Hashiguchi et al., “Risk factors for an adverse outcome in early invasive colorectal carcinoma,” Gastroenterology, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 385–394, 2004.
- T. Uraoka, A. Parra-Blanco, and N. Yahagi, “Colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection: is it suitable in western countries?” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 28, pp. 406–414, 2013.
- R. M. Coman, T. Gotoda, and P. V. Draganov, “Training in endoscopic submucosal dissection,” World Journal of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 5, pp. 369–378, 2013.
- K. Hotta, T. Oyama, T. Shinohara et al., “Learning curve for endoscopic submucosal dissection of large colorectal tumors,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 302–306, 2010.
- T. Sakamoto, Y. Saito, S. Fukunaga, T. Nakajima, and T. Matsuda, “Learning curve associated with colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection for endoscopists experienced in gastric endoscopic submucosal dissection,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 1307–1312, 2011.
- M. Y. Tseng, J. C. Lin, T. Y. Huang, et al., “Endoscopic submucosal dissection for early colorectal neoplasms: clinical experience in a tertiary medical center in taiwan,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2013, Article ID 891565, 7 pages, 2013.
- E. S. Kim, K. B. Cho, K. S. Park et al., “Factors predictive of perforation during endoscopic submucosal dissection for the treatment of colorectal tumors,” Endoscopy, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 573–578, 2011.
- E.-J. Lee, J. B. Lee, Y. S. Choi et al., “Clinical risk factors for perforation during endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for large-sized, nonpedunculated colorectal tumors,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 26, pp. 1587–1594, 2012.
- P.-H. Zhou, L.-Q. Yao, and X.-Y. Qin, “Endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal epithelial neoplasm,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 1546–1551, 2009.
- N. Yoshida, N. Yagi, Y. Inada, et al., “Prevention and management of complications of and training for colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2013, Article ID 287173, 9 pages, 2013.
- D. P. Hurlstone, R. Atkinson, D. S. Sanders, M. Thomson, S. S. Cross, and S. Brown, “Achieving R0 resection in the colorectum using endoscopic submucosal dissection,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 94, no. 12, pp. 1536–1542, 2007.
- M. Fujishiro, N. Yahagi, N. Kakushima et al., “Outcomes of endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal epithelial neoplasms in 200 consecutive cases,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 678–683, 2007.
- H. Isomoto, H. Nishiyama, N. Yamaguchi et al., “Clinicopathological factors associated with clinical outcomes of endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal epithelial neoplasms,” Endoscopy, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 679–683, 2009.
- T. Toyonaga, M. Man-i, R. Chinzei et al., “Endoscopic treatment for early stage colorectal tumors: the comparison between EMR with small incision, simplified ESD, and ESD using the standard flush knife and the ball tipped flush knife,” Acta Chirurgica Lugoslavica, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 41–46, 2010.
- N. Yoshida, Y. Naito, M. Kugai et al., “Efficient hemostatic method for endoscopic submucosal dissection of colorectal tumors,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 16, no. 33, pp. 4180–4186, 2010.
- Y. Takeuchi, T. Ohta, F. Matsui, K. Nagai, and N. Uedo, “Indication, strategy and outcomes of endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal neoplasm,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 24, supplement 1, pp. 100–104, 2012.
- K. Hotta, Y. Yamaguchi, Y. Saito, T. Takao, and H. Ono, “Current opinions for endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal tumors from our experiences: indications, technical aspects and complications,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 24, supplement 1, pp. 110–116, 2012.