- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 304723, 5 pages
Novel Imaging Enhancements in Capsule Endoscopy
Erasme Hospital, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Received 3 March 2013; Revised 29 May 2013; Accepted 4 June 2013
Academic Editor: Jan Bureš
Copyright © 2013 Mostafa Ibrahim and Andre Van Gossum. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Liao, R. Gao, C. Xu, and Z.-S. Li, “Indications and detection, completion, and retention rates of small-bowel capsule endoscopy: a systematic review,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 280–286, 2010.
- H. Neumann, L. C. Fry, and M. F. Neurath, “Review article on current applications and future concepts of capsule endoscopy,” Digestion, vol. 87, pp. 91–99, 2013.
- S. L. Triester, J. A. Leighton, G. I. Leontiadis et al., “A meta-analysis of the yield of capsule endoscopy compared to other diagnostic modalities in patients with obscure gastrointestinal bleeding,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 100, no. 11, pp. 2407–2418, 2005.
- S. F. Pasha, J. A. Leighton, A. Das et al., “Double-balloon enteroscopy and capsule endoscopy have comparable diagnostic yield in small-bowel disease: a meta-analysis,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 671–676, 2008.
- G. Y. Melmed and S. K. Lo, “Capsule endoscopy: practical applications,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 411–422, 2005.
- D. Hartmann, H. Schmidt, G. Bolz et al., “A prospective two-center study comparing wireless capsule endoscopy with intraoperative enteroscopy in patients with obscure GI bleeding,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 826–832, 2005.
- R. Eliakim, “Video capsule endoscopy of the small bowel,” Current Opinion in Gastroenterology, vol. 29, pp. 133–139, 2013.
- A. Yamada, H. Watabe, Y. Kobayashi, Y. Yamaji, H. Yoshida, and K. Koike, “Timing of capsule endoscopy influences the diagnosis and outcome in obscure-overt gastrointestinal bleeding,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 59, no. 115, pp. 676–679, 2012.
- E. Dubcenco, K. N. Jeejeebhoy, R. Petroniene et al., “Capsule endoscopy findings in patients with established and suspected small-bowel Crohn's disease: correlation with radiologic, endoscopic, and histologic findings,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 538–544, 2005.
- R. Eliakim, A. Suissa, K. Yassin, D. Katz, and D. Fischer, “Wireless capsule video endoscopy compared to barium follow-through and computerised tomography in patients with suspected Crohn's disease—final report,” Digestive and Liver Disease, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 519–522, 2004.
- Z. Fireman, E. Mahajna, E. Broide et al., “Diagnosing small bowel Crohn's disease with wireless capsule endoscopy,” Gut, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 390–392, 2003.
- W. S. Mow, S. K. Lo, S. R. Targan et al., “Initial experience with wireless capsule enteroscopy in the diagnosis and management of inflammatory bowel disease,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 31–40, 2004.
- K. Schulmann, S. Hollerbach, W. Schmiegel, Z. Fireman, and Y. Kopelman, “Diagnosing small bowel Crohn's disease with wireless capsule endoscopy,” Gut, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 1531–1532, 2003.
- P. M. Dionisio, S. R. Gurudu, J. A. Leighton et al., “Capsule endoscopy has a significantly higher diagnostic yield in patients with suspected and established small-bowel crohn's disease: a meta-analysis,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 105, no. 6, pp. 1240–1248, 2010.
- Y. Niv, S. Ilani, Z. Levi et al., “Validation of the Capsule Endoscopy Crohn's Disease Activity Index (CECDAI or Niv score): a multicenter prospective study,” Endoscopy, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 21–26, 2012.
- S. Mehdizadeh, G. C. Chen, L. Barkodar et al., “Capsule endoscopy in patients with Crohn's disease: diagnostic yield and safety,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 121–127, 2010.
- G. D. Schwartz and J. S. Barkin, “Small-bowel tumors detected by wireless capsule endoscopy,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 1026–1030, 2007.
- T. Rokkas and Y. Niv, “The role of video capsule endoscopy in the diagnosis of celiac disease: a meta-analysis,” European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 303–308, 2012.
- E. Sakai, H. Endo, S. Kato, et al., “Capsule endoscopy with flexible spectral imaging color enhancement reduces the bile pigment effect and improves the detectability of small bowel lesions.,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 12, article 83, 2012.
- M. Nakamura, N. Ohmiya, R. Miyahara, et al., “Usefulness of flexible spectral imaging color enhancement (FICE) for the detection of angiodysplasia in the preview of capsule endoscopy,” Hepatogastroenterology, vol. 59, pp. 1474–1477, 2012.
- T. Gupta, M. Ibrahim, J. Deviere, and A. van Gossum, “Evaluation of Fujinon intelligent chromo endoscopy-assisted capsule endoscopy in patients with obscure gastroenterology bleeding,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 17, no. 41, pp. 4590–4595, 2011.
- A. Koulaouzidis, S. Douglas, and J. N. Plevris, “Blue mode does not offer any benefit over white light when calculating Lewis score in small-bowel capsule endoscopy.,” World Journal of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 4, pp. 33–37, 2012.
- S. Adler, C. Hassan, Y. Metzger, et al., “Accuracy of automatic detection of small-bowel mucosa by second-generation colon capsule endoscopy,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 76, pp. 1170–1174, 2012.
- A. Shiotani, K. Honda, M. Kawakami et al., “Use of an external real-time image viewer coupled with prespecified actions enhanced the complete examinations for capsule endoscopy,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 1270–1274, 2011.
- K. Yamashita, H. Okumura, Y. Oka, et al., “Minimally invasive surgery using intraoperative real-time capsule endoscopy for small bowel lesions,” Surgical Endoscopy. In press.
- B. Li and M. Q. Meng, “Tumor recognition in wireless capsule endoscopy images using textural features and SVM-based feature selection,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 16, pp. 323–329, 2012.
- A. Koulaouzidis and A. Karargyris, “Three-dimensional image reconstruction in capsule endoscopy,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 18, pp. 4086–4090, 2012.
- K. Ray, “Endoscopy: tethered capsule endomicroscopy of the oesophagus-an easy pill to swallow,” Nature Reviews Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 10, p. 129, 2013.