- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 365830, 7 pages
Gastric ESD under Heparin Replacement at High-Risk Patients of Thromboembolism Is Technically Feasible but Has a High Risk of Delayed Bleeding: Osaka University ESD Study Group
1Department of Gastroenterology, Osaka National Hospital, 2-1-14 Hoenzaka, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0006, Japan
2Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Clinical Research Building (K1), 2-2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
3Department of Gastroenterology, Osaka Police Hospital, Kitayama-cho, Tennoji-ku, Osaka 543-0035, Japan
4Department of Gastroenterology, Sakai City Hospital, 1-1-1 Minamiyasui-cho, Sakai-ku, Sakai 590-0064, Japan
5Department of Gastroenterology, Osaka Rosai Hospital, 1179-3, Nagasone-cho, Kita-ku, Sakai 591-8025, Japan
6Department of Gastroenterology, Itami City Hospital, 1-100 Koyaike, Itami-shi, Hyougo 664-8540, Japan
7Department of Gastroenterology, Osaka Kousei-Nenkin Hospital, 4-2-78 Fukushima, Fukushima-ku, Osaka 553-0003, Japan
Received 25 March 2013; Accepted 27 May 2013
Academic Editor: Massimo Raimondo
Copyright © 2013 Toshiyuki Yoshio et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. J. Rembacken, T. Gotoda, T. Fujii, and A. T. R. Axon, “Endoscopic mucosal resection,” Endoscopy, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 709–718, 2001.
- T. Gotoda, A. Yanagisawa, M. Sasako et al., “Incidence of lymph node metastasis from early gastric cancer: estimation with a large number of cases at two large centers,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 219–225, 2000.
- H. Yamamoto, H. Kawata, K. Sunada et al., “Success rate of curative endoscopic mucosal resection with circumferential mucosal incision assisted by submucosal injection of sodium hyaluronate,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 507–512, 2002.
- N. Yahagi, M. Fujishiro, N. Kakushima et al., “Endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancer using the tip of an electrosurgical snare (thin type),” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 34–38, 2004.
- T. Oyama, A. Tomori, K. Hotta et al., “Endoscopic submucosal dissection of early esophageal cancer,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. S67–S70, 2005.
- I. Oda, T. Gotoda, H. Hamanaka et al., “Endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancer: technical feasibility, operation time and complications from a large consecutive series,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 54–58, 2005.
- T. Akasaka, T. Nishida, S. Tsutsui et al., “Short-term outcomes of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for early gastric neoplasm: multicenter survey by osaka university ESD study group,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 73–77, 2011.
- M. Kato, T. Nishida, K. Yamamoto, et al., “Scheduled endoscopic surveillance controls secondary cancer after curative endoscopic resection for early gastric cancer: a multicentre retrospective cohort study by Osaka University ESD study group,” Gut. In press.
- N. Kakushima, M. Fujishiro, S. Kodashima et al., “Technical feasibility of endoscopic submucosal dissection for gastric neoplasms in the elderly Japanese population,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 311–314, 2007.
- G. M. Eisen, T. H. Baron, J. A. Dominitz et al., “Guideline on the management of anticoagulation and antiplatelet therapy for endoscopic procedures,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 775–779, 2002.
- M. J. Zuckerman, W. K. Hirota, D. G. Adler et al., “ASGE guideline: the management of low-molecular-weight heparin and nonaspirin antiplatelet agents for endoscopic procedures,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 189–194, 2005.
- C. Boustière, A. Veitch, G. Vanbiervliet et al., “Endoscopy and antiplatelet agents. European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) Guideline,” Endoscopy, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 445–461, 2011.
- S.-Y. Lee, S.-J. Tang, D. C. Rockey et al., “Managing anticoagulation and antiplatelet medications in GI endoscopy: a survey comparing the East and the West,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 67, no. 7, pp. 1076–1081, 2008.
- S. Ono, M. Fujishiro, K. Niimi et al., “Technical feasibility of endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancer in patients taking anti-coagulants or anti-platelet agents,” Digestive and Liver Disease, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 725–728, 2009.
- K. Takizawa, I. Oda, T. Gotoda et al., “Routine coagulation of visible vessels may prevent delayed bleeding after endoscopic submucosal dissection—an analysis of risk factors,” Endoscopy, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 179–183, 2008.
- O. Goto, M. Fujishiro, S. Kodashima et al., “A second-look endoscopy after endoscopic submucosal dissection for gastric epithelial neoplasm may be unnecessary: a retrospective analysis of postendoscopic submucosal dissection bleeding,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 241–248, 2010.
- K. D. Choi, H.-Y. Jung, G. H. Lee et al., “Application of metal hemoclips for closure of endoscopic mucosal resection-induced ulcers of the stomach to prevent delayed bleeding,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 1882–1886, 2008.
- J. H. Lim, S. G. Kim, J. W. Kim et al., “Do antiplatelets increase the risk of bleeding after endoscopic submucosal dissection of gastric neoplasms?” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 719–727, 2012.