- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 419375, 7 pages
The Diagnostic Significance of Coapplying a Rabeprazole Test with the SF-36 for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
1Department of Gastroenterology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai 20065, China
2Department of Gastroenterology, the Tenth People's Hospital of Shanghai, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200072, China
3Department of Private Ward, Tongji Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200065, China
4Department of Clinic Nutrition, Tongji Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200065, China
Received 4 October 2012; Revised 7 January 2013; Accepted 30 January 2013
Academic Editor: Fernando A. M. Herbella
Copyright © 2013 Ying Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Kulig, A. Leodolter, M. Vieth et al., “Quality of life in relation to symptoms in patients with gastro-oesophageal reflux disease—an analysis based on the ProGERD initiative,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 767–776, 2003.
- M. S. Rosaida and K. L. Goh, “Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, reflux oesophagitis and non-erosive reflux disease in a multiracial Asian population: a prospective, endoscopy based study,” European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 495–501, 2004.
- K. M. Fock and C. H. Poh, “Gastroesophageal reflux disease,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 808–815, 2010.
- R. Fass, M. B. Fennerty, J. J. Ofman et al., “The clinical and economic value of a short course of omeprazole in patients with noncardiac chest pain,” Gastroenterology, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 42–49, 1998.
- S. D. Martinez, I. B. Malagon, H. S. Garewal, H. Cui, and R. Fass, “Non-erosive reflux disease (NERD)—acid reflux and symptom patterns,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 537–545, 2003.
- R. Fass, J. J. Ofman, R. E. Sampliner, L. Camargo, C. Wendel, and M. B. Fennerty, “The omeprazole test is as sensitive as 24-h oesophageal pH monitoring in diagnosing gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in symptomatic patients with erosive oesophagitis,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 389–396, 2000.
- F. Johnsson, J. G. Hatlebakk, A. C. Klintenberg et al., “One-week esomeprazole treatment: an effective confirmatory test in patients with suspected gastroesophageal reflux disease,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 354–359, 2003.
- K. Y. Ho, K. A. Gwee, J. L. Khor, D. S. Selamat, and K. G. Yeoh, “Validation of a graded response questionnaire for the diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux disease in an asian primary care population,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 680–686, 2008.
- C. Manterola, S. Muñoz, L. Grande, and L. Bustos, “Initial validation of a questionnaire for detecting gastroesophageal reflux disease in epidemiological settings,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 1041–1045, 2002.
- W. M. Wong, P. Lim, and B. C. Y. Wong, “Clinical practice pattern of gastroenterologists, primary care physicians, and otolaryngologists for the management of GERD in the Asia-Pacific region: the FAST survey,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. S54–S60, 2004.
- Y. Chan, J. Y. L. Ching, C. M. Y. Cheung et al., “Development and validation of a disease-specific quality of life questionnaire for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease: the GERD-QOL questionnaire,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 452–460, 2010.
- J. M. Hansen, M. Wildner-Christensen, and O. B. Schaffalitzky De Muckadell, “Gastroesophageal reflux symptoms in a danish population: a prospective follow-up analysis of symptoms, quality of life, and health-care use,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 104, no. 10, pp. 2394–2403, 2009.
- Q. K. Lippmann, S. D. Crockett, E. S. Dellon, and N. J. Shaheen, “Quality of life in GERD and Barrett's esophagus is related to gender and manifestation of disease,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 104, no. 11, pp. 2695–2703, 2009.
- J. Ponce, B. Beltran, M. Ponce et al., “Impact of gastroesophageal reflux disease on the quality of life of Spanish patients: the relevance of the biometric factors and the severity of symptoms,” European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 620–629, 2009.
- R. Wang, D. Zou, X. Ma et al., “Impact of gastroesophageal reflux disease on daily life: the Systematic Investigation of Gastrointestinal Diseases in China (SILC) epidemiological study,” Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, vol. 8, article 128, 2010.
- X. L. Yang, X. H. Liu, M. Y. Ke et al., “Long-term impact on quality of life in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease after 52-week rabeprazole treatment,” Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi, vol. 89, no. 34, pp. 2404–2407, 2009.
- G. M. Xu, Z. S. Li, N. N. Cheng et al., “Value of reflux diagnostic questionnaire in the diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux disease,” Chinese Journal of Digestive Diseases, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 51–55, 2004.
- B. E. Schenk, E. J. Kuipers, E. C. Klinkenberg-Knol et al., “Omeprazole as a diagnostic tool in gastroesophageal reflux disease,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 92, no. 11, pp. 1997–2000, 1997.
- F. Johnsson, L. Weywadt, J. H. Solhaug, H. Hernqvist, and L. Bengtsson, “One-week omeprazole treatment in the diagnosis of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 15–20, 1998.
- Y. K. Cho, M. G. Choi, C. H. Lim et al., “Diagnostic value of the PPI test for detection of GERD in Korean patients and factors associated with PPI responsiveness,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 533–539, 2010.
- K. Adachi, T. Hashimoto, N. Hamamoto et al., “Symptom relief in patients with reflux esophagitis: comparative study of omeprazole, lansoprazole, and rabeprazole,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 1392–1398, 2003.
- J. F. Johanson, R. Siddique, A. M. Damiano, L. Jokubaitis, A. Murthy, and A. Bhattacharjya, “Rabeprazole improves health-related quality of life in patients with erosive gastroesophageal reflux disease,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 2574–2578, 2002.
- I. V. Maev, A. A. Samsonov, A. N. Odintsova, N. N. Golubev, and G. I. Iablunovskaia, “The quality of life dynamics in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease during rabeprazol therapy,” Ėksperimental'naia i Klinicheskaia Gastroėnterologiia, no. 4, pp. 97–100, 2009.