- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 427405, 6 pages
Surgical Outcomes and Clinicopathological Characteristics of Patients Who Underwent Potentially Noncurative Endoscopic Resection for Gastric Cancer: A Report of a Single-Center Experience
Digestive Disease Center, Showa University Northern Yokohama Hospital, 35-1 Chigasakichuo, Tsuzuki-ku, Yokohama 224-8503, Japan
Received 7 March 2013; Accepted 7 May 2013
Academic Editor: Sergio Morini
Copyright © 2013 Hiroaki Ito et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. M. Parkin, F. Bray, J. Ferlay, and P. Pisani, “Global cancer statistics, 2002,” CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 74–108, 2005.
- L. H. Sobin, M. K. Gospodarowicz, and C. Wittekind, TNM Classification of Malignant Tumors, Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK, 7th edition, 2010.
- Japanese Gastric Cancer Association, “Japanese classification of gastric carcinoma: 3rd English edition,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 101–112, 2011.
- T. Gotoda, A. Yanagisawa, M. Sasako et al., “Incidence of lymph node metastasis from early gastric cancer: estimation with a large number of cases at two large centers,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 219–225, 2000.
- T. Yamao, K. Shirao, H. Ono et al., “Risk factors for lymph node metastasis from intramucosal gastric carcinoma,” Cancer, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 602–606, 1996.
- T. Gotoda, H. Yamamoto, and R. M. Soetikno, “Endoscopic submucosal dissection of early gastric cancer,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 929–942, 2006.
- N. Abe, T. Watanabe, M. Sugiyama et al., “Endoscopic treatment or surgery for undifferentiated early gastric cancer?” The American Journal of Surgery, vol. 188, no. 2, pp. 181–184, 2004.
- T. Hirasawa, T. Gotoda, S. Miyata et al., “Incidence of lymph node metastasis and the feasibility of endoscopic resection for undifferentiated-type early gastric cancer,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 148–152, 2009.
- N. Kurihara, T. Kubota, Y. Otani et al., “Lymph node metastasis of early gastric cancer with submucosal invasion,” The British Journal of Surgery, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 835–839, 1998.
- T. Gotoda, M. Sasako, H. Ono, H. Katai, T. Sano, and T. Shimoda, “Evaluation of the necessity for gastrectomy with lymph node dissection for patients with submucosal invasive gastric cancer,” The British Journal of Surgery, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 444–449, 2001.
- K. W. Ryu, I. J. Choi, Y. W. Doh, et al., “Surgical indication for non-curative endoscopic resection in early gastric cancer,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 3428–3434, 2007.
- I. Oda, T. Gotoda, M. Sasako et al., “Treatment strategy after non-curative endoscopic resection of early gastric cancer,” The British Journal of Surgery, vol. 95, no. 12, pp. 1495–1500, 2008.
- J. H. Lee, J. H. Kim, D. H. Kim, T. Y. Jeon, G. H. Kim, and Y. Park do, “Is surgical treatment necessary after non-curative endoscopic resection for early gastric cancer?” Journal of Gastric Cancer, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 182–187, 2010.
- Japanese Gastric Cancer Association, “Japanese gastric cancer treatment guidelines 2010 (ver. 3),” Gastric Cancer, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 113–123, 2011.
- M. Degiuli, M. Sasako, A. Ponti, T. Soldati, F. Danese, and F. Calvo, “Morbidity and mortality after D2 gastrectomy for gastric cancer: Results of the Italian gastric cancer study group prospective multicenter surgical study,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 1490–1493, 1998.
- K. Takeshita, M. Tani, H. Inoue et al., “Endoscopic treatment of early oesophageal or gastric cancer,” Gut, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 123–127, 1997.
- H. Ono, H. Kondo, T. Gotoda et al., “Endoscopic mucosal resection for treatment of early gastric cancer,” Gut, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 225–229, 2001.
- H. Ono, “Endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancer,” Chinese Journal of Digestive Diseases, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 119–121, 2005.
- H. Jung, J. M. Bae, M. G. Choi, J. H. Noh, T. S. Sohn, and S. Kim, “Surgical outcome after incomplete endoscopic submucosal dissection of gastric cancer,” The British Journal of Surgery, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 73–78, 2011.
- T. Gotoda, “A large endoscopic resection by endoscopic submucosal dissection procedure for early gastric cancer,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 3, supplement 1, pp. S71–S73, 2005.