- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 497585, 6 pages
The Prevalence of Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders in the Chinese Air Force Population
1Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, No. 28 Fu Xing Road, Beijing 100853, China
2Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Air Force General Hospital of PLA, No. 30 Fu Cheng Road, Beijing 100142, China
3Department of Gastroenterology-Hepatology, Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), Islamabad 45320, Pakistan
Received 19 December 2012; Accepted 6 March 2013
Academic Editor: P. Enck
Copyright © 2013 Wenming Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. A. Drossman, “The functional gastrointestinal disorders and the Rome III process,” Gastroenterology, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. 1377–1390, 2006.
- A. Faresjo, E. Grodzinsky, S. Johansson, M. A. Wallander, T. Timpka, and I. Akerlind, “A population-based case-control study of work and psychosocial problems in patients with irritable bowel syndrome—women are more seriously affected than men,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 371–379, 2007.
- K. A. Nyrop, O. S. Palsson, R. L. Levy et al., “Costs of health care for irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation, functional diarrhoea and functional abdominal pain,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 237–248, 2007.
- G. R. Locke, A. R. Zinsmeister, S. L. Fett, L. J. Melton, and N. J. Talley, “Overlap of gastrointestional symptom complexes in a US community,” Neurogastroenterology and Motility, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 29–34, 2005.
- K. Merchant-Borna, E. G. Rodrigues, K. W. Smith, S. P. Proctor, and M. D. McClean, “Characterization of inhalation exposure to jet fuel among U.S. Air force personnel,” The Annals of Occupational Hygiene, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 736–745, 2012.
- M. Lucertini, V. Lugli, M. Casagrande, and P. Trivelloni, “Effects of airsickness in male and female student pilots: adaptation rates and 4-year outcomes,” Aviation Space and Environmental Medicine, vol. 79, no. 7, pp. 677–684, 2008.
- P. D. Hodkinson, “Acute exposure to altitude,” Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps, vol. 157, no. 1, pp. 85–91, 2011.
- P. F. Pierce, L. Lewandowski-Romps, and P. Silverschanz, “War-related stressors as predictors of post-deployment health of Air Force women,” Womens Health Issues, vol. 21, no. 4, supplement, pp. S152–S159, 2011.
- M. Braithwaite, G. Nicholson, R. Thornton, et al., “Armed Forces occupational health—a review,” Annals of Occupational Hygiene, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 528–538, 2009.
- M. Y. Ke and X. C. Fang, ROME III The Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders, Science Press, Beijing, China, 2008, In Chinese.
- H. Zhou, M. Yao, G. Y. Cheng, Y. P. Chen, and D. G. Li, “Prevalence and associated factors of functional gastrointestinal disorders and bowel habits in chinese adolescents: a school-based study,” Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 168–173, 2011.
- L. Chu, H. Zhou, B. Lu, M. Li, and M. Y. Chen, “An epidemiological study of functional bowel disorders in Zhejiang college students and its relationship with psychological factors,” Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 429–432, 2012.
- L. Chang, B. B. Toner, S. Fukudo et al., “Gender, age, society, culture, and the Patient's perspective in the functional gastrointestinal disorders,” Gastroenterology, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. 1435–1446, 2006.
- L. Steinkraus, “When is it safe to fly? Addressing medical conditions in pilots,” Minnesota Medicine, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 36–39, 2011.
- R. Spiller, Q. Aziz, F. Creed et al., “Guidelines on the irritable bowel syndrome: mechanisms and practical management,” Gut, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 1770–1798, 2007.
- K. W. Olden and P. Chepyala, “Functional nausea and vomiting,” Nature Clinical Practice Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 202–208, 2008.
- D. R. Fleisher, B. Gornowicz, K. Adams, R. Burch, and E. J. Feldman, “Cyclical vomiting syndrome in 41 adults: the illness, the patients, and problems of management,” BMC Medicine, vol. 3, article 20, 2005.
- D. R. Fleisher, “Management of cyclic vomiting syndrome,” Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, vol. 21, supplement 1, pp. S52–S56, 1995.
- G. TM, Flying in Hunter’s Diseases of Occupational Medicine, Edited by P. J. Baxter, P. H. Adams, T.-C. Aw, et al, Arnold, London, UK, 2000.
- A. C. Anand, V. K. Sashindran, and L. Mohan, “Gastrointestinal problems at high altitude,” Tropical Gastroenterology, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 147–153, 2006.
- J. M. Muhm, P. B. Rock, D. L. McMullin et al., “Effect of aircraft-cabin altitude on passenger discomfort,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 357, no. 1, pp. 18–27, 2007.
- E. R. Muth, “Motion and space sickness: intestinal and autonomic correlates,” Autonomic Neuroscience, vol. 129, no. 1-2, pp. 58–66, 2006.
- J. A. Joseph and M. J. Griffin, “Motion sickness from combined lateral and roll oscillation: effect of varying phase relationships,” Aviation Space and Environmental Medicine, vol. 78, no. 10, pp. 944–950, 2007.
- J. M. Carrasco, V. Lope, B. Perez-Gomez et al., “Association between health information, use of protective devices and occurrence of acute health problems in the Prestige oil spill clean-up in Asturias and Cantabria (Spain): a cross-sectional study,” BMC Public Health, vol. 6, p. 9, 2006.
- C. K. Porter, R. Gormley, D. R. Tribble, B. D. Cash, and M. S. Riddle, “The Incidence and gastrointestinal infectious risk of functional gastrointestinal disorders in a healthy US adult population,” The American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 106, no. 1, pp. 130–138, 2011.
- C. K. Porter, K. Gloor, B. D. Cash, and M. S. Riddle, “Risk of functional gastrointestinal disorders in U.S. Military following self-reported diarrhea and vomiting during deployment,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 3262–3269, 2011.
- R. B. Rayman, “Irritable bowel syndrome: aeromedical considerations,” Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine, vol. 82, no. 11, pp. 1061–1063, 2011.
- H. Kim, S. Roh, H. J. Kwon et al., “Study on the health status of the residents near military airbases in Pyeongtaek City,” Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 307–314, 2008.
- J. M. Park, M. G. Choi, Y. K. Cho, et al., “Functional gastrointestinal disorders diagnosed by Rome III questionnaire in Korea,” Neurogastroenterology and Motility, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 279–286, 2011.
- R. S. Choung, G. R. Locke III, C. D. Schleck, A. R. Zinsmeister, and N. J. Talley, “Overlap of dyspepsia and gastroesophageal reflux in the general population: one disease or distinct entities?” Neurogastroenterology and Motility, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 229–234, 2012.