- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 625937, 5 pages
Changes in Antibiotic Susceptibility of Helicobacter pylori in the Course of Eight Years in the Zaanstreek Region in The Netherlands
1Department of Internal Medicine, Zaans Medisch Centrum, Zaandam, The Netherlands
2Department of Microbiology, Zaans Medisch Centrum, Zaandam, The Netherlands
Received 11 December 2012; Revised 14 February 2013; Accepted 18 February 2013
Academic Editor: Sergio Morini
Copyright © 2013 R. J. L. F. Loffeld and B. F. M. Werdmuller. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. di Mario, L. G. Cavallano, and C. Scarpignato, “‘Rescue’ therapies for the management of Helicobacter infection,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 24, pp. 113–130, 2006.
- R. J. L. F. Loffeld and C. A. P. M. J. Fijen, “Antibiotic resistance of Helicobacter pylori: a cross-sectional study in consecutive patients, and relation to ethnicity,” Clinical Microbiology and Infection, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 600–604, 2003.
- R. Piccolomini, G. di Bonaventura, G. Catamo, F. Carbone, and M. Neri, “Comparative evaluation of the E test, agar dilution, and broth microdilution for testing susceptibilities of Helicobacter pylori strains to 20 antimicrobial agents,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 1842–1846, 1997.
- S. H. Hartzen, L. P. Andersen, A. Bremmelgaard et al., “Antimicrobial susceptibility testing of 230 Helicobacter pylori strains: importance of medium, inoculum, and incubation time,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 2634–2639, 1997.
- W. Wu, Y. Yang, and C. Sun, “Recent insights into antibiotic resistance in Helicobacter pylori eradication,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2012, Article ID 723183, 8 pages, 2012.
- A. Cosme, M. Montes, M. Martos et al., “Usefulness of antimicrobial susceptibility in the eradication of Helicobacter pylori,” Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 2012.
- J. P. Gisbert and X. Calvet, “Review article: the effectiveness of standard triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori has not changed over the last decade, but it is not good enough,” Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 34, no. 11-12, pp. 1255–1268, 2011.
- E. Karczewska, K. Klesiewicz, I. Skiba et al., “Variability in prevalence of helicobacter pylori strains resistant to clarithromycin and levofloxacin in southern Poland,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2012, Article ID 418010, 7 pages, 2012.
- A. Khan, A. Farooqui, H. Manzoor, S. S. Akhtar, M. S. Quraishy, and S. U. Kazmi, “Antibiotic resistance and cagA gene correlation: a looming crisis of Helicobacter pylori,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 18, no. 18, pp. 2245–2252, 2012.
- M. Milani, R. Ghotaslou, M. T. Akhi et al., “The status of antimicrobial resistance of Helicobacter pylori in Eastern Azerbaijan, Iran: comparative study according to demographics,” Journal of Infection and Chemotherapy, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 848–852, 2012.
- K. L. Goh and P. Navaratnam, “High helicobacter pylori resistance to metronidazole but zero or low resistance to clarithromycin, levofloxacin, and other antibiotics in malaysia,” Helicobacter, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 241–245, 2011.
- F. Megraud, S. Coenen, A. Versporten et al., “Helicobacter pylori resistance to antibiotics in Europe and its relationship to antibiotic consumption,” Gut, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 34–42, 2012.
- V. Y. Miendje Deyi, P. Bontems, J. Vanderpas et al., “Multicenter survey of routine determinations of resistance of Helicobacter pylori to antimicrobials over the last 20 years (1990 to 2009) in Belgium,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 2200–2209, 2011.
- C. A. McNulty, G. Lasseter, I. Shaw et al., “Is Helicobacter pylori antibiotic resistance surveillance needed and how can it be delivered?” Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 1221–1230, 2012.
- T. Nishizawa, H. Suzuki, H. Tsugawa et al., “Enhancement of amoxicillin resistance after unsuccessful Helicobacter pylori eradication,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 3012–3014, 2011.
- F. Mégraud, “The challenge of Helicobacter pylori resistance to antibiotics: the comeback of bismuth-based quadruple therapy,” Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 103–109, 2012.