- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 634929, 7 pages
Indirect Comparison Showed Survival Benefit from Adjuvant Chemoradiotherapy in Completely Resected Gastric Cancer with D2 Lymphadenectomy
1Department of Oncology, Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
2Department of Oncology, Huizhou Center Hospital, Huizhou 516001, China
Received 2 August 2013; Accepted 29 August 2013
Academic Editor: Qiang Xia
Copyright © 2013 Qiong Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jemal, F. Bray, M. M. Center, J. Ferlay, E. Ward, and D. Forman, “Global cancer statistics,” CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 69–90, 2011.
- J. S. Macdonald, “Role of post-operative chemoradiation in resected gastric cancer,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 166–170, 2005.
- O. Bouché, M. Ychou, P. Burtin et al., “Adjuvant chemotherapy with 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin compared with surgery alone for gastric cancer: 7-year results of the FFCD randomized phase III trial (8801),” Annals of Oncology, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1488–1497, 2005.
- J. S. Macdonald, S. R. Smalley, J. Benedetti et al., “Chemoradiotherapy after surgery compared with surgery alone for adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 345, no. 10, pp. 725–730, 2001.
- S. R. Smalley, J. K. Benedetti, D. G. Haller, et al., “Updated analysis of SWOG-directed intergroup study 0116: a phase III trial of adjuvant radiochemotherapy versus observation after curative gastric cancer resection,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 19, pp. 2327–2333, 2012.
- C. N. Leong, H. T. Chung, K. M. Lee et al., “Outcomes of adjuvant chemoradiotherapy after a radical gastrectomy and a D2 node dissection for gastric adenocarcinoma,” Cancer Journal, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 269–275, 2008.
- S. Kim, D. H. Lim, J. Lee et al., “An observational study suggesting clinical benefit for adjuvant postoperative chemoradiation in a population of over 500 cases after gastric resection with D2 nodal dissection for adenocarcinoma of the stomach,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 1279–1285, 2005.
- S. H. Park, D. Y. Kim, J. S. Heo et al., “Postoperative chemoradiotherapy for gastric cancer,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 1373–1377, 2003.
- A. R. Jadad, R. A. Moore, D. Carroll et al., “Assessing the quality of reports of randomized clinical trials: is blinding necessary?” Controlled Clinical Trials, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 1996.
- J. F. Tierney, L. A. Stewart, D. Ghersi, S. Burdett, and M. R. Sydes, “Practical methods for incorporating summary time-to-event data into meta-analysis,” Trials, vol. 7, no. 8, 2007.
- H. C. Bucher, G. H. Guyatt, L. E. Griffith, and S. D. Walter, “The results of direct and indirect treatment comparisons in meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 683–691, 1997.
- J. Lee, D. H. Lim, S. Kim et al., “Phase III trial comparing capecitabine plus cisplatin versus capecitabine plus cisplatin with concurrent capecitabine radiotherapy in completely resected gastric cancer with D2 lymph node dissection: the ARTIST trial,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 268–273, 2012.
- W. G. Zhu, D. F. Xua, J. Pu, et al., “A randomized, controlled, multicenter study comparing intensity-modulated radiotherapy plus concurrent chemotherapy with chemotherapy alone in gastric cancer patients with D2 resection,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 104, no. 3, pp. 361–366, 2012.
- T. H. Kim, S. R. Park, K. W. Ryu, et al., “Phase 3 trial of postoperative chemotherapy alone versus chemoradiation therapy in stage III-IV gastric cancer treated with Ro gastrectomy and D2 lymph node dissection,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, vol. 84, no. 5, pp. e585–e592, 2012.
- L. Cirera, A. Balil, E. Batiste-Alentorn et al., “Randomized clinical trial of adjuvant mitomycin plus tegafur in patients with resected stage III gastric cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 3810–3815, 1999.
- T. Nakajima, T. Kinoshita, A. Nashimoto et al., “Randomized controlled trial of adjuvant uracil-tegafur versus surgery alone for serosa-negative, locally advanced gastric cancer,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 94, no. 12, pp. 1468–1476, 2007.
- M. Sasako, S. Sakuramoto, H. Katai et al., “Five-year outcomes of a randomized phase III trial comparing adjuvant chemotherapy with S-1 versus surgery alone in stage II or III gastric cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 29, no. 33, pp. 4387–4393, 2011.
- Y. J. Bang, Y. W. Kim, H. K. Yang et al., “Adjuvant capecitabine and oxaliplatin for gastric cancer after D2 gastrectomy (CLASSIC): a phase 3 open-label, randomised controlled trial,” The Lancet, vol. 379, no. 9813, pp. 315–321, 2012.
- F. Song, D. G. Altman, A. M. Glenny, and J. J. Deeks, “Validity of indirect comparison for estimating efficacy of competing interventions: empirical evidence from published meta-analyses,” British Medical Journal, vol. 326, no. 7387, pp. 472–475, 2003.
- Y. Y. Huang, Q. Yang, S. W. Zhou, et al., “Postoperative chemoradiotherapy versus postoperative chemotherapy for completely resected gastric cancer with D2 lymphadenectomy: a meta-analysis,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 7, Article ID e68939, 2013.
- J. Landry, J. E. Tepper, W. C. Wood, E. O. Moulton, F. Koerner, and J. Sullinger, “Patterns of failure following curative resection of gastric carcinoma,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1357–1362, 1990.
- C. Hsu, Y. C. Shen, C. C. Cheng, A. L. Cheng, F. C. Hu, and K. H. Yeh, “Geographic difference in safety and efficacy of systemic chemotherapy for advanced gastric or gastroesophageal carcinoma: a meta-analysis and meta-regression,” Gastric Cancer, pp. 1–16, 2012.
- G. A. Brooks, P. C. Enzinger, and C. S. Fuchs, “Adjuvant therapy for gastric cancer: revisiting the past to clarify the future,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 19, pp. 2297–2299, 2012.
- R. N. R. Zárate, F. Arias, E. Bandres, E. Cubedo, R. Malumbres, and J. García-Foncillas, “Xeroderma pigmentosum group D 751 polymorphism as a predictive factor in resected gastric cancer treated with chemo-radiotherapy,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 12, no. 37, pp. 6032–6036, 2006.
- M. A. Gordon, H. M. Gundacker, J. Benedetti, et al., “Assessment of HER2 gene amplification in adenocarcinomas of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction in the INT-0116/SWOG9008 clinical trial,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1754–1761, 2013.