- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 956149, 5 pages
Epidemiology of Acute Pancreatitis in the North Adriatic Region of Croatia during the Last Ten Years
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
Received 30 June 2012; Accepted 15 October 2012
Academic Editor: Grazyna Rydzewska
Copyright © 2013 Davor Stimac et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. D. Johnson, “UK guidelines for the management of acute pancreatitis,” Gut, vol. 54, supplement 3, pp. iii1–iii9, 2005.
- R. M. S. Mitchell, M. F. Byrne, and J. Baillie, “Pancreatitis,” The Lancet, vol. 361, no. 9367, pp. 1447–1455, 2003.
- H. Gislason, A. Horn, D. Hoem et al., “Acute pancreatitis in Bergen, Norway: a study on incidence, etiology and severity,” Scandinavian Journal of Surgery, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 29–33, 2004.
- D. D. Tran and R. van Schilfgaarde, “Prevalence and mortality from acute pancreatitis in the Netherlands during 1971–1990,” Digestion, vol. 55, pp. 342–343, 1994.
- S. R. Thomson, W. S. Hendry, G. A. McFarlane, and A. I. Davidson, “Epidemiology and outcome of acute pancreatitis,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 398–401, 1987.
- S. Appelros and A. Borgström, “Incidence, aetiology and mortality rate of acute pancreatitis over 10 years in a defined urban population in Sweden,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 465–470, 1999.
- F. A. Halvorsen and S. Ritland, “Acute pancreatitis in Buskerud County, Norway: incidence and etiology,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 411–414, 1996.
- M. Jaakkola and I. Nordback, “Pancreatitis in Finland between 1970 and 1989,” Gut, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 1255–1260, 1993.
- V. L. W. Go, “Etiology and epidemiology of pancreatitis in the United States,” in Acute Pancreatitis: Diagnosis and Therapy, E. L. Bradley III, Ed., pp. 235–239, Raven Press, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- I. G. Renner, W. T. Savage, J. L. Pantoja, and V. J. Renner, “Death due to acute pancreatitis. A retrospective analysis of 405 autopsy cases,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 1005–1018, 1985.
- S. T. Fan, E. C. S. Lai, F. P. T. Mok et al., “Prediction of the severity of acute pancreatitis,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 166, no. 3, pp. 262–269, 1993.
- L. Gullo, M. Migliori, A. Oláh et al., “Acute pancreatitis in five European countries: etiology and mortality,” Pancreas, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 223–227, 2002.
- G. I. Papachristou, V. Muddana, D. Yadav et al., “Comparison of BISAP, Ranson's, APACHE-II, and CTSI scores in predicting organ failure, complications, and mortality in acute pancreatitis,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 435–441, 2010.
- I. A. Eland, M. J. C. M. Strukenboom, J. H. P. Wilson, and B. H. C. Stricker, “Incidence and mortality of acute pancreatitis between 1985 and 1995,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 35, pp. 1110–1116, 2000.
- A. P. Corfield, M. J. Cooper, and R. C. N. Williamson, “Acute pancreatitis: a lethal disease of increasing incidence,” Gut, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 724–729, 1985.
- C. Wilson and C. W. Imrie, “Changing patterns of incidence and mortality from acute pancreatitis in Scotland, 1961–1985,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 77, no. 7, pp. 731–734, 1990.
- M. J. Goldacre and S. E. Roberts, “Hospital admission for acute pancreatitis in an English population, 1963–98: database study of incidence and mortality,” British Medical Journal, vol. 328, no. 7454, pp. 1466–1469, 2004.
- A. Tinto, D. A. J. Lloyd, J. Y. Kang et al., “Acute and chronic pancreatitis—diseases on the rise: a study of hospital admissions in England 1989/90–1999/2000,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 2097–2105, 2002.
- A. K. Floyd, L. Pedersen, G. Lauge Nielsen, O. Thorlacius-Ussing, and H. T. Sorensen, “Secular trends in incidence and 30-day case fatality of acute pancreatitis in North Jutland County, Denmark: a register-based study from 1981–2000,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 1461–1465, 2002.
- J. R. Andersen, O. Backer, and J. T. Balslov, “Copenhagen pancreatitis study. An interim report from a prospective epidemiological multicentre study. The Copenhagen pancreatitis study group,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 305–312, 1981.
- J. O. Svensson, B. Norback, E. L. Bokey, and Y. Edlund, “Changing pattern in aetiology of pancreatitis in an urban Swedish area,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 159–161, 1979.
- D. N. Schmidt, “Apparent risk factors for chronic and acute pancreatitis in Stockholm county: spirits but not wine and beer,” International Journal of Pancreatology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 45–50, 1991.
- H. J. Thomson, “Acute pancreatitis in north and north-east Scotland,” Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 104–111, 1985.
- J. B. Bourke, “Variation in annual incidence of primary acute pancreatitis in Nottingham, 1969–74,” The Lancet, vol. 2, no. 7942, pp. 967–969, 1975.
- J. E. Trapnell and E. H. L. Duncan, “Patterns of incidence in acute pancreatitis,” British Medical Journal, vol. 2, no. 5964, pp. 179–183, 1975.
- F. J. Wyllie and A. A. Gunn, “Diagnosis of acute pancreatitis,” Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, vol. 24, pp. 363–369, 1979.
- M. R. Fortson, S. N. Freedman, and P. D. Webster, “Clinical assessment of hyperlipidemic pancreatitis,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 90, no. 12, pp. 2134–2139, 1995.