- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 984916, 5 pages
Utility of Computed Tomographic Enteroclysis/Enterography for the Assessment of Mucosal Healing in Crohn's Disease
1Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, 1-1-1 Minami-Kogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755-8505, Japan
2Department of Radiology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, 1-1-1 Minami-Kogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755-8505, Japan
3Iryouhoujin-Seijinkai Hayashi Hospital, 751-4 Ogoori-Shimogou, Yamaguchi, Yamaguchi 754-0002, Japan
Received 23 January 2013; Accepted 7 April 2013
Academic Editor: Jan Bures
Copyright © 2013 Shinichi Hashimoto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Iddan, G. Meron, A. Glukhovsky, and P. Swain, “Wireless capsule endoscopy,” Nature, vol. 405, no. 6785, pp. 417–418, 2000.
- H. Yamamoto, H. Kita, K. Sunada et al., “Clinical outcomes of double-balloon endoscopy for the diagnosis and treatment of small-intestinal diseases,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 2, no. 11, pp. 1010–1016, 2004.
- P. F. Engstrom and E. B. Goosenberg, Diagnosis and Management of Bowel Diseases, Professional Communication Publishers, 1999.
- F. Baert, L. Moortgat, G. Van Assche et al., “Mucosal healing predicts sustained clinical remission in patients with early-stage Crohn's disease,” Gastroenterology, vol. 138, no. 2, pp. 463–468, 2010.
- D. D. T. Maglinte, K. Sandrasegaran, J. C. Lappas, and M. Chiorean, “CT enteroclysis,” Radiology, vol. 245, no. 3, pp. 661–671, 2007.
- J. E. Huprich and J. G. Fletcher, “CT enterography: principles, technique and utility in Crohn's disease,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 393–397, 2009.
- J. Vogel, A. da Luz Moreira, M. Baker et al., “CT enterography for Crohn's disease: accurate preoperative diagnostic imaging,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1761–1769, 2007.
- M. D. Kohli and D. D. T. Maglinte, “CT enteroclysis in small bowel Crohn's disease,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 398–403, 2009.
- R. Klöppel, J. Thiele, and J. Bosse, “CT, Sellink method,” RöFo, vol. 156, no. 3, pp. 291–292, 1992 (German).
- Y. B. Liu, C. H. Liang, Z. L. Zhang et al., “Crohn disease of small bowel: multidetector row CT with CT enteroclysis, dynamic contrast enhancement, CT angiography, and 3D imaging,” Abdominal Imaging, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 668–674, 2006.
- S. Cherian and P. Singh, “Is routine ileoscopy useful? An observational study of procedure times, diagnostic yield, and learning curve,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 99, no. 12, pp. 2324–2329, 2004.
- F. T. Fork, N. Karlsson, S. Kadhem, and B. Ohlsson, “Small bowel enteroclysis with magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography in patients with failed and uncertain passage of a patency capsule,” BMC Medical Imaging, vol. 12, p. 3, 2012.
- P. B. Wold, J. G. Fletcher, C. D. Johnson, and W. J. Sandborn, “Assessment of small bowel Crohn disease: noninvasive peroral CT enterography compared with other imaging methods and endoscopy-feasibility study,” Radiology, vol. 229, no. 1, pp. 275–281, 2003.
- M. Vrijheid, E. Cardis, M. Blettner et al., “The 15-country collaborative study of cancer risk among radiation workers in the nuclear industry: design, epidemiological methods and descriptive results,” Radiation Research, vol. 167, no. 4, pp. 361–379, 2007.
- S. L. Seung, Y. K. Ah, S. K. Yang et al., “Crohn disease of the small bowel: comparison of CT enterography, MR enterography, and small-bowel follow-through as diagnostic techniques,” Radiology, vol. 251, no. 3, pp. 751–761, 2009.
- A. R. Kambadakone, N. A. Chaudhary, G. S. Desai, D. D. Nguyen, N. M. Kulkarni, and D. V. Sahani, “Low-dose MDCT and CT enterography of patients with crohn disease: feasibility of adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 196, no. 6, pp. W743–W752, 2011.
- S. J. Lee, S. H. Park, A. Y. Kim et al., “A prospective comparison of standard-dose CT enterography and 50% reduced-dose CT enterography with and without noise reduction for evaluating Crohn disease,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 197, no. 1, pp. 50–57, 2011.