- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 202960, 7 pages
Clinicopathological and Immunohistochemical Characterisation of Gastric Schwannomas in 29 Cases
1Department of General Surgery, Tenth People's Hospital of Shanghai, Tongji University, School of Medicine, Shanghai 200072, China
2Department of Surgery, Beijing Cancer Hospital, Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing 100036, China
3Charité University Medicine, Department of General-, Visceral- and Vascular Surgery, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
4Department of Pathology, Tenth People's Hospital of Shanghai, Tongji University, School of Medicine, Shanghai 200072, China
Received 18 November 2013; Accepted 30 December 2013; Published 11 February 2014
Academic Editor: Paul Enck
Copyright © 2014 Lijun Zheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C.-S. Lin, H.-S. Hsu, C.-H. Tsai, W.-Y. Li, and M.-H. Huang, “Gastric schwannoma,” Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, vol. 67, no. 11, pp. 583–586, 2004.
- S. Fujiwara, K. Nakajima, T. Nishida et al., “Gastric schwannomas revisited: has precise preoperative diagnosis become feasible?” Gastric Cancer, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 318–323, 2013.
- Y. Daimaru, H. Kido, H. Hashimoto, and M. Enjoji, “Benign schwannoma of the gastrointestinal tract: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study,” Human Pathology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 257–264, 1988.
- W. S. Melvin and M. G. Wilkinson, “Gastric schwannoma: clinical and pathologic considerations,” The American Surgeon, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 293–296, 1993.
- M. Miettinen, M. Majidi, and J. Lasota, “Pathology and diagnostic criteria of gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs): a review,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 38, supplement 5, pp. S39–S51, 2002.
- V. P. Hunter, T. W. Burke, and L. A. Crooks, “Retroperitoneal nerve sheath tumors: an unusual cause of pelvic mass,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 71, no. 6, pp. 1050–1052, 1988.
- T. M. Tahir, S. Anwar, N. Naseem, H. Mansoor-Ul-Haq, and M. Saqib, “Gastric schwannoma in a female patient with pulmonary tuberculosis—a clinicopathological assessment and diagnosis,” Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 45–50, 2010.
- W. Yoon, K. Paulson, P. Mazzara, S. Nagori, M. Barawi, and R. Berri, “Gastric schwannoma: a rare but important differential diagnosis of a gastric submucosal mass,” Case Reports in Surgery, vol. 2012, Article ID 280982, 5 pages, 2012.
- V. G. Shelat, K. Li, S. Naik et al., “Abdominal schwannomas: case report with literature review,” International Surgery, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 214–218, 2013.
- L. Voltaggio, R. Murray, J. Lasota, and M. Miettinen, “Gastric schwannoma: a clinicopathologic study of 51 cases and critical review of the literature,” Human Pathology, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 650–659, 2012.
- J. M. L. Williamson, M. S. Wadley, N. A. Shepherd, and S. Dwerryhouse, “Gastric schwannoma: a benign tumour often mistaken clinically, radiologically and histopathologically for a gastrointestinal stromal tumour—a case series,” Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 245–249, 2012.
- J. N. Bruneton, J. Drouillard, and P. Roux, “Neurogenic tumors of the stomach. Report of 18 cases and review of the literature,” Fortschritte auf den Gebiete der Rontgenstrahlen und der Nuklearmedizin, vol. 139, no. 2, pp. 192–198, 1983.
- K.-H. Lok, L. Lai, H.-L. Yiu, M.-L. Szeto, and S.-K. Leung, “Endosonographic surveillance of small gastrointestinal tumors originating from muscularis propria,” Journal of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 177–180, 2009.
- C. Euanorasetr and W. Suwanthanma, “Gastric schwannoma presenting with perforation and abscess formation: a case report and literature review,” Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand, vol. 94, no. 11, pp. 1399–1404, 2011.
- M. Takemura, K. Yoshida, M. Takii, K. Sakurai, and A. Kanazawa, “Gastric malignant schwannoma presenting with upper gastrointestinal bleeding: a case report,” Journal of Medical Case Reports, vol. 6, article 37, 2012.
- X. Altuna, J. P. Lopez, M. A. Yu et al., “Potential Role of imatinib mesylate (Gleevec, STI-571) in the treatment of vestibular schwannoma,” Otology and Neurotology, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 163–170, 2011.
- R. J. Loffeld, T. G. Balk, J. L. Oomen, and A. B. van der Putten, “Upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to a malignant Schwannoma of the stomach,” European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 159–162, 1998.
- N. R. Bees, C. S. Ng, C. Dicks-Mireaux, and E. M. Kiely, “Gastric malignant schwannoma in a child,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 70, pp. 952–955, 1997.