- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 253471, 6 pages
Should Steroid Therapy Be Necessarily Needed for Autoimmune Pancreatitis Patients with Lesion Resected due to Misdiagnosed or Suspected Malignancy?
1Department of General Surgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
2Department of Radiology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Received 26 September 2013; Revised 12 December 2013; Accepted 23 December 2013; Published 22 January 2014
Academic Editor: Stuart Sherman
Copyright © 2014 Wenchuan Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. P. Sah and S. T. Chari, “Autoimmune pancreatitis: an update on classification, diagnosis, natural history and management,” Current Gastroenterology Reports, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 95–105, 2012.
- S. Agrawal, C. Daruwala, and J. Khurana, “Distinguishing autoimmune pancreatitis from pancreaticobiliary cancers: current strategy,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 255, no. 2, pp. 248–258, 2012.
- J. M. Hardacre, C. A. Iacobuzio-Donahue, T. A. Sohn et al., “Results of pancreaticoduodenectomy for lymphoplasmacytic sclerosing pancreatitis,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 237, no. 6, pp. 853–859, 2003.
- D. Yadav, K. Notahara, T. C. Smyrk et al., “Idiopathic tumefactive chronic pancreatitis: clinical profile, histology, and natural history after resection,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 129–135, 2003.
- S. C. Abraham, R. E. Wilentz, C. J. Yeo et al., “Pancreaticoduodenectomy (Whipple resections) in patients without malignancy: are they all 'chronic pancreatitis'?” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 110–120, 2003.
- T. Wakabayashi, Y. Kawaura, Y. Satomura et al., “Clinical study of chronic pancreatitis with focal irregular narrowing of the main pancreatic duct and mass formation: comparison with chronic pancreatitis showing diffuse irregular narrowing of the main pancreatic duct,” Pancreas, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 283–289, 2002.
- S. T. Chari, T. C. Smyrk, M. J. Levy et al., “Diagnosis of autoimmune pancreatitis: the Mayo Clinic experience,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 1010–1016, 2006.
- S. T. Chari, “Diagnosis of autoimmune pancreatitis using its five cardinal features: introducing the Mayo Clinic's HISORt criteria,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 42, no. 18, pp. 39–41, 2007.
- T. Kamisawa, K. Okazaki, S. Kawa, T. Shimosegawa, and M. Tanaka, “Japanese consensus guidelines for management of autoimmune pancreatitis: III. Treatment and prognosis of AIP,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 471–477, 2010.
- T. Ito, I. Nishimori, N. Inoue et al., “Treatment for autoimmune pancreatitis: consensus on the treatment for patients with autoimmune pancreatitis in Japan,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 42, no. 18, pp. 50–58, 2007.
- S. T. Chari, “Current concepts in the treatment of autoimmune pancreatitis,” Journal of the Pancreas, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 1–3, 2007.
- L. Frulloni and G. Cavallini, “Treatment of autoimmune pancreatitis: the search for an optimal management continues,” Pancreatology, vol. 5, no. 2-3, pp. 238–240, 2005.
- A. Ghazale and S. T. Chari, “Optimising corticosteroid treatment for autoimmune pancreatitis,” Gut, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 1650–1652, 2007.
- T. Taniguchi, H. Tanio, S. Seko et al., “Autoimmune pancreatitis detected as a mass in the head of the pancreas without hypergammaglobulinemia, which relapsed after surgery: case report and review of the literature,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 1465–1471, 2003.
- T. Kamisawa, N. Egawa, H. Nakajima, K. Tsuruta, and A. Okamoto, “Extrapancreatic lesions in autoimmune pancreatitis,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 904–907, 2005.
- T. Kamisawa, M. Yoshiike, N. Egawa, H. Nakajima, K. Tsuruta, and A. Okamoto, “Treating patients with autoimmune pancreatitis: results from a long-term follow-up study,” Pancreatology, vol. 5, no. 2-3, pp. 234–238, 2005.
- T. Wakabayashi, Y. Kawaura, Y. Satomura, H. Watanabe, Y. Motoo, and N. Sawabu, “Long-term prognosis of duct-narrowing chronic pancreatitis: strategy for steroid treatment,” Pancreas, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 31–39, 2005.
- T. Kamisawa, A. Okamoto, T. Wakabayashi, H. Watanabe, and N. Sawabu, “Appropriate steroid therapy for autoimmune pancreatitis based on long-term outcome,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 609–613, 2008.
- I. Nishimori and M. Otsuki, “Autoimmune pancreatitis and IgG4-associated sclerosing cholangitis,” Best Practice & Research: Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 11–23, 2009.
- T. Kamisawa and A. Okamoto, “Prognosis of autoimmune pancreatitis,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 42, no. 18, pp. 59–62, 2007.
- S. M. Weber, O. Cubukcu-Dimopulo, J. A. Palesty et al., “Lymphoplasmacytic sclerosing pancreatitis: inflammatory mimic of pancreatic carcinoma,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 129–139, 2003.