- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 343849, 5 pages
Usefulness of Routine Terminal Ileoscopy and Biopsy during Colonoscopy in a Tropical Setting: A Retrospective Record-Based Study
1University Medical Unit, Colombo North Teaching Hospital, 11010 Ragama, Sri Lanka
2Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, P.O. Box 06, Thalagolla Road, 11010 Ragama, Sri Lanka
3Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya, 11010 Ragama, Sri Lanka
4Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya, 11010 Ragama, Sri Lanka
Received 27 October 2013; Revised 14 December 2013; Accepted 15 December 2013; Published 16 January 2014
Academic Editor: Sergio Morini
Copyright © 2014 Hasitha Srimal Wijewantha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. P. Misra, M. Dwivedi, and V. Misra, “Ileoscopy in 39 hematochezia patients with normal colonoscopy,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 12, no. 18, pp. 3101–3104, 2006.
- S. Cherian and P. Singh, “Is routine ileoscopy useful? An observational study of procedure times, diagnostic yield, and learning curve,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 99, no. 12, pp. 2324–2329, 2004.
- D. K. Bhasin, M. K. Goenka, S. Dhavan, K. Dass, and K. Singh, “Diagnostic value of ileoscopy: a report from India,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 144–146, 2000.
- K. K. Y. Yoong and T. Heymann, “It is not worthwhile to perform ileoscopy on all patients,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 809–811, 2006.
- S. H. Jeong, K. J. Lee, Y. B. Kim, H. C. Kwon, S. J. Sin, and J. Y. Chung, “Diagnostic value of terminal ileum intubation during colonoscopy,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 51–55, 2008.
- F. R. Zwas, N. A. Bonheim, C. A. Berken, and S. Gray, “Diagnostic yield of routine ileoscopy,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 90, no. 9, pp. 1441–1443, 1995.
- M. A. Niriella, A. P. de Silva, A. H. G. K. Dayaratne et al., “Prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease in two districts of Sri Lanka: a hospital based survey,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 10, article 32, 2010.
- G. Kennedy, D. Larson, B. Wolff, D. Winter, B. Petersen, and M. Larson, “Routine ileal intubation during screening colonoscopy: a useful maneuver?” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 2606–2608, 2008.