- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 541586, 8 pages
Polyethylene Glycol Electrolyte Lavage Solution versus Colonic Hydrotherapy for Bowel Preparation before Colonoscopy: A Single Center, Randomized, and Controlled Study
1Department of Gastroenterology, Daping Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, 10 Changjiang Branch Road, Chongqing 400042, China
2Cadet Brigade, The Third Military Medical University, 30 Gaotanyan Street, Chongqing 400038, China
3Nursing Department, Daping Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, 10 Changjiang Branch Road, Chongqing 400042, China
Received 7 February 2014; Revised 9 May 2014; Accepted 16 May 2014; Published 5 June 2014
Academic Editor: Spiros D. Ladas
Copyright © 2014 Yan Cao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Zhu, H.-M. Chen, and Y.-P. Wang, “Missense mutations of MLH1 and MSH2 genes detected in patients with gastrointestinal cancer are associated with exonic splicing enhancers and silencers,” Oncology Letters, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 1710–1718, 2013.
- C. Hassan, M. Bretthauer, M. F. Kaminski et al., “Bowel preparation for colonoscopy: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) Guideline,” Endoscopy, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 142–150, 2013.
- P. Mamula, D. G. Adler, J. D. Conway et al., “Colonoscopy preparation,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 69, no. 7, pp. 1201–1209, 2009.
- S. D. Wexner, D. E. Beck, T. H. Baron et al., “A consensus document on bowel preparation before colonoscopy: prepared by a task force from the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS), the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES),” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 1147–1160, 2006.
- M. Manno, F. Pigò, R. Manta et al., “Bowel preparation with polyethylene glycol electrolyte solution: optimizing the splitting regimen,” Digestive and Liver Disease, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 576–579, 2012.
- A. I. Sharara and R. R. Abou Mrad, “The modern bowel preparation in colonoscopy,” Gastroenterology Clinics of North America, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 577–598, 2013.
- G. R. Davis, C. A. Santa Ana, S. G. Morawski, and J. S. Fordtran, “Development of a lavage solution associated with minimal water and electrolyte absorption or secretion,” Gastroenterology, vol. 78, no. 5, pp. 991–995, 1980.
- R. Juluri, G. Eckert, and T. F. Imperiale, “Meta-analysis: randomized controlled trials of 4-L polyethylene glycol and sodium phosphate solution as bowel preparation for colonoscopy,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 171–181, 2010.
- J. Belsey, O. Epstein, and D. Heresbach, “Systematic review: adverse event reports for oral sodium phosphate and polyethylene glycol,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 15–28, 2009.
- S. D. Wexner, T. Force, D. E. Beck et al., “A consensus document on bowel preparation before colonoscopy: prepared by a Task Force From The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS), the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 63, no. 7, pp. 894–909, 2006.
- G. Ghosh, “Safe use of oral bowel-cleansing preparations,” Nursing Standard, vol. 27, no. 22, pp. 35–38, 2013.
- T.-A. Chen, H.-Y. Wong, C.-K. Lin et al., “High-dose bisacodyl plus water lavage compared with oral sodium phosphate as bowel preparation for outpatient colonoscopy,” Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, vol. 72, no. 8, pp. 402–407, 2009.
- P. Luukkonen and M. Hillilä, “Treatment of severe constipation,” Duodecim, vol. 128, no. 18, pp. 1869–1876, 2012.
- M. Kolovrat, Z. Busic, Z. Lovric, et al., “Mechanical bowel preparation in colorectal surgery,” Collegium Antropologicum, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 1343–1346, 2012.
- X. L. Zeng and M. Hu, “Effect of colorectal hydrotherapy in electronic colonscopy and bowel preparation,” Modern Preventive Medicine, vol. 36, no. 16, pp. 3179–3180, 2009.
- J. H. Hua and F. Zhao, “Appliance of colorectal hydrotherapy in bowel preparation for colonscopy,” Hebei Medical Journal, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 920–921, 2003.