- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 670260, 8 pages
Comparison of Therapeutic Effects of Laparoscopic and Open Operation for Congenital Choledochal Cysts in Adults
Department of General Surgery, Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang City 110004, China
Received 20 October 2013; Revised 25 December 2013; Accepted 26 December 2013; Published 25 February 2014
Academic Editor: Antoni Castells
Copyright © 2014 Yuan Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. O'Neill Jr., “Choledochal cyst.,” Current Problems in Surgery, vol. 29, pp. 361–410, 1992.
- M.-H. Hung, L.-H. Lin, D.-F. Chen, and C.-S. Huang, “Choledochal cysts in infants and children: experiences over a 20-year period at a single institution,” European Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 170, no. 9, pp. 1179–1185, 2011.
- I. Kozumi and T. Kodama, “A case report and the etiology of cystic dilatation,” Journal of Tokyo Medical Association, vol. 30, pp. 1413–1423, 1916 (Japanese).
- The Japanese Study Group on Pancreaticobiliary Maljunction (JSPBM), The Committee of JSPBM for Diagnostic Criteria, “Diagnostic criteria of pancreaticobiliary maljunction,” Journal of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery, vol. 1, pp. 219–221, 1994.
- S. S. Saluja, M. Nayeem, B. C. Sharma, G. Bora, and P. K. Mishra, “Management of choledochal cysts and their complications,” American Surgeon, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 284–290, 2012.
- T. Todani, “Congenital choledochal dilatation: classification, clinical features, and long-term results,” Journal of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 276–282, 1997.
- G. A. Farello, A. Cerofolini, M. Rebonato, G. Bergamaschi, C. Ferrari, and A. Chiappetta, “Congenital choledochal cyst: video-guided laparoscopic treatment,” Surgical Laparoscopy and Endoscopy, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 354–358, 1995.
- H. L. Tan, K. R. Shankar, and W. D. Ford, “Laparoscopic resection of type I choledochal cyst,” Surgical endoscopy, vol. 17, no. 9, p. 1495, 2003.
- M. D. Stringer, “Wide hilar hepatico-jejunostomy: the optimum method of reconstruction after choledochal cyst excision,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 529–532, 2007.
- D. C. Liu, J. A. Rodriguez, F. Meric, and J. L. Geiger, “Laparoscopic excision of a rare type II choledochal cyst: case report and review of the literature,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 1117–1119, 2000.
- L. Li, W. Feng, F. Jing-Bo et al., “Laparoscopic-assisted total cyst excision of choledochal cyst and Roux-en-Y hepatoenterostomy,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 1663–1666, 2004.
- K. H. Lee, Y. H. Tam, C. K. Yeung et al., “Laparoscopic excision of choledochal cysts in children: an intermediate-term report,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 355–360, 2009.
- M. Diao, L. Li, and W. Cheng, “Laparoscopic versus Open Roux-en-Y hepatojejunostomy for children with choledochal cysts: intermediate-term follow-up results,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1567–1573, 2011.
- V. T. Joseph, “Surgical techniques and long-term results in the treatment of choledochal cyst,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 782–787, 1990.
- T. Miyano, A. Yamataka, Y. Kato et al., “Hepaticoenterostomy after excision of choledochal cyst in children: a 30-year experience with 180 cases,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1417–1421, 1996.
- H. Saing, H. Han, K. L. Chan et al., “Early and late results of excision of choledochal cysts,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 32, no. 11, pp. 1563–1566, 1997.
- B. C. Visser, I. Suh, L. W. Way et al., “Congenital choledochal cysts in adults,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 139, no. 8, pp. 855–862, 2004.
- B. H. Edil, J. L. Cameron, S. Reddy et al., “Choledochal cyst disease in children and adults: a 30-year single-institution experience,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 206, no. 5, pp. 1000–1005, 2008.
- S. S. Tan, N. C. Tan, S. Ibrahim, and K. H. Tay, “Management of adult choledochal cyst,” Singapore Medical Journal, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 524–527, 2007.
- J.-Y. Jang, S.-W. Kim, H.-S. Han, Y.-S. Yoon, S.-S. Han, and Y.-H. Park, “Totally laparoscopic management of choledochal cysts using a four-hole method,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 1762–1765, 2006.
- N. T. Liem, H. D. Pham, A. Dung le, T. N. Son, and H. M. Vu, “Early and intermediate outcomes of laparoscopic surgery for choledochal cysts with 400 patients,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques, vol. 22, pp. 599–603, 2012.
- B. Wang, Q. Feng, J. X. Mao, L. Liu, and K. K. Wong, “Early experience with laparoscopic excision of choledochal cyst in 41 children,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 47, pp. 2175–2178, 2012.
- J. Y. Jang, Y. S. Yoon, M. J. Kang, et al., “Laparoscopic excision of a choledochal cyst in 82 consecutive patients,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 27, pp. 1648–1652, 2013.
- B. M. Ure, R. Nustede, and H. Becker, “Laparoscopic resection of congenital choledochal cyst, hepaticojejunostomy, and externally made Roux-en-Y anastomosis,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 728–730, 2005.
- M.-J. Li, J.-X. Feng, and Q.-F. Jin, “Early complications after excision with hepaticoenterostomy for infants and children with choledochal cysts,” Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Diseases International, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 281–284, 2002.
- H. Liuming, Z. Hongwu, L. Gang et al., “The effect of laparoscopic excision vs open excision in children with choledochal cyst: a midterm follow-up study,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 662–665, 2011.
- K. R. Srimurthy and S. Ramesh, “Laparoscopic management of pediatric choledochal cysts in developing countries: review of ten cases,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 144–149, 2006.
- P. Laje, H. Questa, and M. Bailez, “Laparoscopic leak-free technique for the treatment of choledochal cysts,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 519–521, 2007.
- L. Hong, Y. Wu, Z. Yan, M. Xu, J. Chu, and Q.-M. Chen, “Laparoscopic surgery for choledochal cyst in children: a case review of 31 patients,” European Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 67–71, 2008.
- N. K. Chokshi, Y. S. Guner, A. Aranda, C. E. Shin, H. R. Ford, and N. X. Nguyen, “Laparoscopic choledochal cyst excision: lessons learned in our experience,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 87–91, 2009.
- H. J. Kirschner, P. O. Szavay, J. F. Schaefer, and J. Fuchs, “Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y hepaticojejunostomy in children with long common pancreaticobiliary channel: surgical technique and functional outcome,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 485–488, 2010.
- M. Diao, L. Li, J.-Z. Zhang, and W. Cheng, “A shorter loop in Roux-Y hepatojejunostomy reconstruction for choledochal cysts is equally effective: preliminary results of a prospective randomized study,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 845–847, 2010.
- S.-T. Tang, Y. Yang, Y. Wang et al., “Laparoscopic choledochal cyst excision, hepaticojejunostomy, and extracorporeal Roux-en-Y anastomosis: a technical skill and intermediate-term report in 62 cases,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 416–422, 2011.
- D. W. Hwang, J. H. Lee, S. Y. Lee et al., “Early experience of laparoscopic complete en bloc excision for choledochal cysts in adults,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 26, pp. 3324–3329, 2012.
- M. Diao, L. Li, and W. Cheng, “Role of laparoscopy in treatment of choledochal cysts in children,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 29, pp. 317–326, 2013.
- J. W. Gander, R. A. Cowles, E. R. Gross et al., “Laparoscopic excision of choledochal cysts with total intracorporeal reconstruction,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 877–881, 2010.
- N. T. Liem, H. D. Pham, and H. M. Vu, “Is the laparoscopic operation as safe as open operation for choledochal cyst in children?” Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 367–370, 2011.