- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 721095, 6 pages
The Anatomy of a Weight Recidivism and Revision Bariatric Surgical Clinic
1University of Alberta, 2-590 Edmonton Clinic Health Academy, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 1C9
2Bariatric Revision Surgery Clinic, Alberta Health Services, Edmonton, AB, Canada T5H 3V9
3Surgical Director Weight Wise Bariatric Clinic, Minimally Invasive Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery, Alberta Health Services, Edmonton, AB, Canada T5H 3V9
Received 26 July 2013; Accepted 10 December 2013; Published 11 February 2014
Academic Editor: Massimo Raimondo
Copyright © 2014 C. J. de Gara and S. Karmali. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Johnston and A. R. Wilkinson, “Highly selective vagotomy without a drainage procedure in the treatment of duodenal ulcer,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 289–296, 1970.
- J. P. Angelchik and R. Cohen, “A new surgical procedure for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux and hiatal hernia,” Surgery Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 148, no. 2, pp. 246–248, 1979.
- E. E. Mason, “Vertical banded gastroplasty for obesity,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 117, no. 5, pp. 701–706, 1982.
- R. Nissen, “A simple operation for control of relux esophagitis,” Schweizerische Medizinische Wochenschrift, vol. 86, supplement 20, pp. 590–592, 1956.
- P. H. Conway and C. Clancy, “Comparative-effectiveness research—implications of the Federal Coordinating Council's report,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 361, no. 4, pp. 328–330, 2009.
- S. Sarlio-Lähteenkorva, A. Rissanen, and J. Kaprio, “A descriptive study of weight loss maintenance: 6 and 15 year follow-up of initially overweight adults,” International Journal of Obesity, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 116–125, 2000.
- T. A. Wadden, M. L. Butryn, and K. J. Byrne, “Efficacy of lifestyle modification for long-term weight control,” Obesity Research, vol. 12, supplement, pp. 151S–162S, 2004.
- J. Campión, F. Milagro, and J. A. Martinez, “Epigenetics and obesity,” Progress in Molecular Biology and Translational Science, vol. 94, pp. 291–347, 2010.
- J. Garb, G. Welch, S. Zagarins, J. Kuhn, and J. Romanelli, “Bariatric surgery for the treatment of morbid obesity: a meta-analysis of weight loss outcomes for laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding and laparoscopic gastric bypass,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 1447–1455, 2009.
- C. M. Apovian, S. Cummings, W. Anderson et al., “Best practice updates for multidisciplinary care in weight loss surgery,” Obesity, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 871–879, 2009.
- B. J. Grattan and J. Connolly-Schoonen, “Addressing weight loss recidivism: a clinical focus on metabolic rate and the psychological aspects of obesity,” ISRN Obesity, vol. 2012, Article ID 567530, 5 pages, 2012.
- R. S. Padwal, S. R. Majumdar, S. Klarenbach et al., “The Alberta population-based prospective evaluation of the quality of life outcomes and economic impact of bariatric surgery (APPLES) study: background, design and rationale,” BMC Health Services Research, vol. 10, article 284, 2010.
- M. W. Johns, “A new method for measuring daytime sleepiness: the Epworth sleepiness scale,” Sleep, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 540–545, 1991.
- A. Csendes, A. M. Burgos, J. Altuve, and S. Bonacic, “Incidence of marginal ulcer 1 month and 1 to 2 years after gastric bypass: a prospective consecutive endoscopic evaluation of 442 patients with morbid obesity,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 135–138, 2009.
- A. U. Bauchowitz, L. A. Gonder-Frederick, M.-E. Olbrisch et al., “Psychosocial evaluation of bariatric surgery candidates: a survey of present practices,” Psychosomatic Medicine, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 825–832, 2005.
- M. J. Seamon, P. G. Pieri, C. A. Fisher et al., “A ten-year retrospective review: does pyloric exclusion improve clinical outcome after penetrating duodenal and combined pancreaticoduodenal injuries?” Journal of Trauma, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 829–833, 2007.