- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 230287, 4 pages
Is there a Learning Curve for Pancreaticoduodenectomy after Fellowship Training?
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106-5047, USA
Received 20 September 2010; Accepted 17 December 2010
Academic Editor: Guy Maddern
Copyright © 2010 Jeffrey M. Hardacre. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Gill, M. I. Booth, J. Stratford, and T. C. B. Dehn, “The extended learning curve for laparoscopic fundoplication: a cohort analysis of 400 consecutive cases,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 487–492, 2007.
- P. P. Tekkis, A. J. Senagore, C. P. Delaney, and V. W. Fazio, “Evaluation of the learning curve in laparoscopic colorectal surgery: comparison of right-sided and left-sided resections,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 242, no. 1, pp. 83–91, 2005.
- J. F. Tseng, P. W. T. Pisters, J. E. Lee, H. Wang, H. F. Gomez, C. C. Sun, and D. B. Evans, “The learning curve in pancreatic surgery,” Surgery, vol. 141, no. 4, pp. 456–463, 2007.
- D. Dindo, N. Demartines, and P. A. Clavien, “Classification of surgical complications: a new proposal with evaluation in a cohort of 6336 patients and results of a survey,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 240, no. 2, pp. 205–213, 2004.
- C. Bassi, C. Dervenis, and C. Dervenis, “Postoperative pancreatic fistula: an international study group (ISGPF) definition,” Surgery, vol. 138, no. 1, pp. 8–13, 2005.
- M. N. Wente, C. Bassi, and C. Bassi, “Delayed gastric emptying (DGE) after pancreatic surgery: a suggested definition by the International Study Group of Pancreatic Surgery (ISGPS),” Surgery, vol. 142, no. 5, pp. 761–768, 2007.
- E. P. Kennedy, J. Brumbaugh, and C. J. Yeo, “Reconstruction following the pylorus preserving whipple resection: PJ, HJ, and DJ,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 408–415, 2010.
- E. P. Kennedy, E. L. Rosato, and E. L. Rosato, “Initiation of a critical pathway for pancreaticoduodenectomy at an academic institution—the first step in multidisciplinary team building,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 204, no. 5, pp. 917–923, 2007.
- J. D. Birkmeyer, S. R. G. Finlayson, A. N. A. Tosteson, S. M. Sharp, A. L. Warshaw, and E. S. Fisher, “Effect of hospital volume on in-hospital mortality with pancreaticoduodenectomy,” Surgery, vol. 125, no. 3, pp. 250–256, 1999.
- J. D. Birkmeyer, T. A. Stukel, A. E. Siewers, P. P. Goodney, D. E. Wennberg, and F. L. Lucas, “Surgeon volume and operative mortality in the United States,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 349, no. 22, pp. 2117–2127, 2003.
- Y. Fong, M. Gonen, and M. Gonen, “Long-term survival is superior after resection for cancer in high-volume centers,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 242, no. 4, pp. 540–547, 2005.
- M. Piperdi, T. P. McDade, and T. P. McDade, “A neoadjuvant strategy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma increases the likelihood of receiving all components of care: lessons from a single-institution database,” Journal of the International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 204–210, 2010.
- T. A. Sohn, C. J. Yeo, and C. J. Yeo, “Resected adenocarcinoma of the pancreas—616 patients: results, outcomes, and prognostic indicators,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 567–579, 2000.
- J. M. Winter, J. L. Cameron, and J. L. Cameron, “1423 pancreaticoduodenectomies for pancreatic cancer: a single-institution experience,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 1199–1211, 2006.