- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 346507, 4 pages
Laparoscopic Management for Carcinoid Metastasis to the Spleen
1Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, St. Mary's Hospital, London W21NY, UK
2Department of Endocrine Surgery, Hammersmith Hospital, London W120NN, UK
Received 24 November 2010; Revised 31 January 2011; Accepted 12 February 2011
Academic Editor: Olivier Farges
Copyright © 2011 Damian Balmforth et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Satoh, K. Watanabe, H. Ishikawa, Y. T. Yamashita, M. Ohtsuka, and K. Sekizawa, “Splenic metastasis of lung cancer,” Oncology Reports, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1239–1241, 2001.
- S. Falk and H. J. Stutte, “Splenic metastasis in an ileal carcinoid tumor,” Pathology Research and Practice, vol. 185, no. 2, pp. 238–242, 1989.
- N. Eriguchi, S. Aoyagi, M. Hara et al., “Gastric enterochromaffin-like-cell tumor with liver and splenic metastases,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 383–386, 1999.
- T. Takada and H. Takami, “Solitary splenic metastasis of a carcinoid tumor of the lung eight years postoperatively,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 47–48, 1998.
- D. Sharma and V. K. Shukla, “Laparoscopic splenectomy 16 years since delaitre with review of current literature,” Laparoscopy Endoscopy & Percutaneous Techniques, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 190–194, 2009.
- I. M. Modlin, K. D. Lye, and M. Kidd, “A 5-decade analysis of 13,715 carcinoid tumors,” Cancer, vol. 97, no. 4, pp. 934–959, 2003.
- J. Maroun, W. Kocha, L. Kvols et al., “Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of carcinoid tumours. Part 1: the gastrointestinal tract. A statement from a Canadian National Carcinoid Expert Group,” Current Oncology, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 67–76, 2006.
- K. Y. Lam, “Metastatic tumors to the spleen: a 25-year clinicopathologic study,” Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, vol. 124, pp. 526–530, 2000.
- E. Compérat, A. Bardier-Dupas, P. Camparo, F. Capron, and F. Charlotte, “Splenic metastases: clinicopathologic presentation, differential diagnosis, and pathogenesis,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 131, no. 6, pp. 965–969, 2007.
- A. Kinoshita, M. Nakano, M. Fukuda, et al., “Brief report Splenic metastasis from lung cancer,” Netherlands Journal of Medicine, vol. 47, pp. 219–223, 1995.
- M. T. Keogan, K. S. Freed, E. K. Paulson, R. C. Nelson, and L. G. Dodd, “Imaging-guided percutaneous biopsy of focal splenic lesions: update on safety and effectiveness,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 172, no. 4, pp. 933–937, 1999.
- K. Ando, N. Kaneko, L. Yi et al., “Splenic metastasis of lung cancer,” Nihon Kokyūki Gakkai zasshi, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 581–584, 2009.
- V. Makrin, S. Avital, I. White, B. Sagie, and A. Szold, “Laparoscopic splenectomy for solitary splenic tumors,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 2009–2012, 2008.
- H. Yano, Y. Nakano, T. Tono et al., “Hand-assisted laparoscopic splenectomy for splenic tumors,” Digestive Surgery, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 215–222, 2004.