- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 501705, 6 pages
Biliary Cystadenomas: A Case for Complete Resection
Institute of Surgical Gastroenterology and Liver Transplantation, Government Stanley Medical College, Chennai—600001, India
Received 14 March 2012; Revised 30 April 2012; Accepted 8 May 2012
Academic Editor: Olivier Farges
Copyright © 2012 Sastha Ahanatha Pillai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. A. Wheeler and H. A. Edmondson, “Cystadenoma with mesenchymal stroma (CMS) in the liver and bile ducts. A clinicopathologic study of 17 cases, 4 with malignant change,” Cancer, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 1434–1445, 1985.
- P. del Poggio and M. Buonocore, “Cystic tumors of the liver: a practical approach,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 14, no. 23, pp. 3616–3620, 2008.
- D. Tsiftsis, M. Christodoulakis, E. de Bree, and E. Sanidas, “Primary intrahepatic biliary cystadenomatous tumors,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 341–346, 1997.
- W. F. Short, A. Nedwich, H. A. Levy, and J. M. Howard, “Biliary cystadenoma. Report of a case and review of the literature,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 78–80, 1971.
- K. G. Ishak, G. W. Willis, S. D. Cummins, and A. A. Bullock, “Biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: report of 14 cases and review of the literature,” Cancer, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 322–338, 1977.
- K. Devaney, Z. D. Goodman, and K. G. Ishak, “Hepatobiliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: a light microscopic and immunohistochemical study of 70 patients,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1078–1091, 1994.
- W. D. Lewis, R. L. Jenkins, W. V. McDermott et al., “Surgical treatment of biliary cystadenoma. A report of 15 cases,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 123, no. 5, pp. 563–568, 1988.
- D. P. Vogt, J. M. Henderson, and E. Chmielewski, “Cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma of the liver: a single center experience,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 200, no. 5, pp. 727–733, 2005.
- A. Manouras, H. Markogiannakis, E. Lagoudianakis, and V. Katergiannakis, “Biliary cystadenoma with mesenchymal stroma: report of a case and review of the literature,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 12, no. 37, pp. 6062–6069, 2006.
- E. Palacios, M. Shannon, C. Solomon, and M. Guzman, “Biliary cystadenoma: ultrasound, CT, and MRI,” Gastrointestinal Radiology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 313–316, 1990.
- M. A. Marcial, S. C. Hauser, E. S. Cibas, and J. Braver, “Intrahepatic biliary cystadenoma. Clinical, radiological, and pathological findings,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 884–888, 1986.
- K. T. Thomas, D. Welch, and W. Pinson, “Effective treatment of biliary cystadenoma,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 241, no. 5, pp. 769–775, 2005.
- A. Emre, K. R. Serin, and K. Güven, “Intrahepatic biliary cystic neoplasms: surgical results of 9 patients and literature review,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 361–365, 2011.
- S. S. Florman and D. P. Slakey, “Giant biliary cystadenoma: case report and literature review,” American Surgeon, vol. 67, no. 8, pp. 727–732, 2001.
- M. E. Forrest, K. J. Cho, J. J. Shields, J. D. Wicks, T. M. Silver, and T. L. Mc-Cormick, “Biliary cystadenomas: sonographic-angiographic-pathologic correlations,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 135, no. 4, pp. 723–727, 1980.
- E. Dixon, F. R. Sutherland, P. Mitchell, G. McKinnon, and V. Nayak, “Cystadenomas of the liver: a spectrum of disease,” Canadian Journal of Surgery, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 371–376, 2001.
- C. D. Sutton, S. A. White, D. P. Berry, and A. R. Dennison, “Intrahepatic biliary cystadenoma causing luminal common bile duct obstruction,” Digestive Surgery, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 297–299, 2000.
- E. Beretta, R. de Franchis, C. Staudacher, et al., “Biliary cystadenoma: an uncommon cause of recurrent cholestatic jaundice,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 138–140, 1986.
- M. Preetha, A. Y. F. Chung, S. K. Lim-Tan, D. T. H. Lim, and C. H. Thng, “Intrahepatic biliary cystadenoma presenting with obstructive jaundice,” Asian Journal of Surgery, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 243–245, 2004.
- D. Erdogan, O. R. C. Busch, E. A. J. Rauws, O. M. van Delden, D. J. Gouma, and T. M. van Gulik, “Obstructive jaundice due to hepatobiliary cystadenoma or cystadenocarcinoma,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 12, no. 35, pp. 5735–5738, 2006.
- G. E. Catinis, D. J. Frey, J. W. Skinner, and L. A. Balart, “Hepatic cystadenoma: an unusual presentation,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 93, no. 5, pp. 827–829, 1998.
- J. P. Zhou, M. Dong, Y. Zhang, F. M. Kong, K. J. Guo, and Y. L. Tian, “Giant mucinous biliary cystadenoma: a case report,” Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Diseases International, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 101–103, 2007.
- F. Ferrozzi, D. Bova, and F. Campodonico, “Cystic primary neoplasms of the liver of the adult. CT features,” Clinical Imaging, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 292–296, 1993.
- Y. Zen, T. Fujii, K. Itatsu et al., “Biliary cystic tumors with bile duct communication: a cystic variant of intraductal papillary neoplasm of the bile duct,” Modern Pathology, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 1243–1254, 2006.
- F. C. Yu, J. H. Chen, K. C. Yang, C. C. Wu, and Y. Y. Chou, “Hepatobiliary cystadenoma: a report of two cases,” Journal of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 203–206, 2008.
- J. H. Park, D. H. Lee, H. J. Kim, Y. T. Ko, J. W. Lim, and M. H. Yang, “Unilocular extrahepatic biliary cystadenoma mimicking choledochal cyst: a case report,” Korean Journal of Radiology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 287–290, 2004.
- H. K. Choi, J. K. Lee, and Y. Park, “Differential diagnosis for intrahepatic biliary cystadenoma and hepatic simple cyst: significance of cystic fluid analysis and radiologic findings,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 289–293, 2010.
- M. P. Federle, R. A. Filly, and A. A. Moss, “Cystic hepatic neoplasms: complementary roles of CT and sonography,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 345–348, 1981.
- M. Koroglu, O. Akhan, E. Akpinar, A. Oto, and B. Gumus, “Biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: two rare cystic liver lesions,” Journal Belge de Radiologie, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 261–263, 2006.
- V. van Roekel, W. J. Marx, W. Baskin, and R. L. Greenlaw, “Cystadenoma of the liver,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 167–172, 1982.
- B. I. Choi, J. H. Lim, M. C. Han et al., “Biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: CT and sonographic findings,” Radiology, vol. 171, no. 1, pp. 57–61, 1989.
- S. Pojchamarnwiputh, W. N. Chiangmai, A. Chotirosniramit, and N. Lertprasertsuke, “Computed tomography of biliary cystadenoma and biliary cystadenocarcinoma,” Singapore Medical Journal, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 392–396, 2008.
- M. Sato, Y. Watanabe, K. Tokui et al., “Hepatobiliary cystadenocarcinoma connected to the hepatic duct: a case report and review of the literature,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 50, no. 53, pp. 1621–1624, 2003.
- S. Hai, K. Hirohashi, T. Uenishi et al., “Surgical management of cystic hepatic neoplasms,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 759–764, 2003.
- Y. Iemoto, Y. Kondo, and S. Fukamachi, “Biliary cystadenocarcinoma with peritoneal carcinomatosis,” Cancer, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 1664–1667, 1981.
- A. Koffron, S. Rao, M. Ferrario, and M. Abecassis, “Intrahepatic biliary cystadenoma: role of cyst fluid analysis and surgical management in the laparoscopic era,” Surgery, vol. 136, no. 4, pp. 926–936, 2004.
- A. Y. B. Teoh, S. S. M. Ng, K. F. Lee, and P. B. S. Lai, “Biliary cystadenoma and other complicated cystic lesions of the liver: diagnostic and therapeutic challenges,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1560–1566, 2006.
- P. Fiamingo, M. Veroux, U. Cillo, S. Basso, A. Buffone, and D. F. D'Amico, “Incidental cystadenoma after laparoscopic treatment of hepatic cysts: which strategy?” Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy and Percutaneous Techniques, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 282–284, 2004.
- C. W. Pinson, J. L. Munson, R. L. Rossi, and J. W. Braasch, “Enucleation of intrahepatic biliary cystadenomas,” Surgery Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 168, no. 6, pp. 535–537, 1989.