- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 326369, 7 pages
Evidence for Vertical Transmission of HPV from Mothers to Infants
1Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
2Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
3Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
4Department of Experimental Virology, Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, U nemocnice 1, 128 20 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Received 26 June 2009; Revised 2 November 2009; Accepted 10 February 2010
Academic Editor: Kevin Ault
Copyright © 2010 Elaine M. Smith et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Stina Syrjanen, “Current concepts on human papillomavirus infections in children,” Apmis, vol. 118, no. 6-7, pp. 494–509, 2010.
- Raquel dos Santos Pinheiro, Talita Ribeiro Tenorio de Franca, Dennis de Carvalho Ferreira, Camila Maria Beder Ribeiro, Jair Carneiro Leao, and Gloria Fernanda Castro, “Human papillomavirus in the oral cavity of children,” Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 121–126, 2011.
- Diane M. Harper, and Stephen L. Vierthaler, “Next Generation Cancer Protection: The Bivalent HPV Vaccine for Females,” ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–20, 2011.
- M. Martinelli, A. Zappa, S. Bianchi, E. Frati, D. Colzani, A. Amendola, and E. Tanzi, “Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and genotype frequency in the oral muc osa of newborns in Milan, Italy,” Clinical Microbiology and Infection, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. E197–E199, 2012.
- Hanna-Mari Koskimaa, Tim Waterboer, Michael Pawlita, Seija Grénman, Kari Syrjänen, and Stina Syrjänen, “Human Papillomavirus Genotypes Present in the Oral Mucosa of Newborns and their Concordance with Maternal Cervical Human Papillomavirus Genotypes,” The Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 160, no. 5, pp. 837–843, 2012.
- Delese E. LaCour, and Connie Trimble, “Human Papillomavirus in Infants: Transmission, Prevalence, and Persistence,” Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 93–97, 2012.
- Sante Roperto, Giuseppe Borzacchiello, Iolanda Esposito, Marita Riccardi, Chiara Urraro, Roberta Luca, Annunziata Corteggio, Rosarita Tate, Michele Cermola, Orlando Paciello, and Franco Roperto, “Productive Infection of Bovine Papillomavirus Type 2 in the Placenta of Pre gnant Cows Affected with Urinary Bladder Tumors,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 3, 2012.
- Sarah M. Tiggelaar, Margaret J. Lin, Raphael P. Viscidi, Jia Ji, and Jennifer S. Smith, “Age-Specific Human Papillomavirus Antibody and Deoxyribonucleic Acid Preval ence: A Global Review,” Journal of Adolescent Health, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 110–131, 2012.
- Colton Flake, Jamal Arafa, Alex Hall, Eryn Ence, Katherine Howard, and Karl Kingsley, “Screening and detection of human papillomavirus (HPV) high-risk strains HPV 16 and HPV18 in saliva samples from subjects under 18 years old in Nevada: a pilot study,” Bmc Oral Health, vol. 12, 2012.
- Ioannis N Mammas, George Sourvinos, and Demetrios A Spandidos, “The ‘Trojan horse’ oncogenic strategy of HPVs in childhood,” Future Virology, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 801–808, 2013.
- Mariusz Skoczynski, Anna Gozdzicka-Józefiak, and Anna Kwasniewska, “Risk factors of the vertical transmission of Human Papilloma Virus in newborns from singleton pregnancy – preliminary report,” Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, pp. 1–17, 2013.
- Mireille Merckx, Wildero-Van Wouwe Liesbeth, Marc Arbyn, Joris Meys, Steven Weyers, Marleen Temmerman, and Davy Vanden Broeck, “Transmission of carcinogenic human papillomavirus types from mother to child: A meta-analysis of published studies,” European Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 277–285, 2013.
- Ying Hong, Shu-Qin Li, Ya-Li Hu, and Zhi-Qun Wang, “Survey of human papillomavirus types and their vertical transmission in pre gnant women,” Bmc Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, 2013.
- Abbey B Berenson, Pooja R Patel, and Alan D Barrett, “Is administration of the HPV vaccine during pregnancy feasible in the future?,” Expert Review of Vaccines, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- J. Meyers, E. Ryndock, M. J. Conway, C. Meyers, and R. Robison, “Susceptibility of high-risk human papillomavirus type 16 to clinical disinfectants,” Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, 2014.