- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Agronomy
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 152158, 5 pages
Azolla-Anabaena as a Biofertilizer for Rice Paddy Fields in the Po Valley, a Temperate Rice Area in Northern Italy
Department of Crop Science, Milan University, Via G. Celoria, 2-20133 Milan, Italy
Received 11 September 2009; Revised 5 January 2010; Accepted 24 February 2010
Academic Editor: Jagdish K. Ladha
Copyright © 2010 Stefano Bocchi and Antonino Malgioglio. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. T. Tuan and R. Q. Thuiet, Use of Azolla in rice production in Vietnam. Nitrogen and Rice, IRRI, Los Baños, Philippines, 1979.
- I. Watanabe, “Azolla–Anabaena symbiosis–its physiology and use in tropical agriculture,” in Microbiology of Tropical Soils and Plant Productivity, Y. R. Dommergues and H. S. Diem, Eds., pp. 169–185, Martinus Nijhoff, The Ague, The Netherlands, 1982.
- T. A. Lumpkin and D. L. Plucknett, Azolla as a Green Manure: Use and Management in Crop Production, Westview, Boulder, Colo, USA, 1982.
- G. M. Wagner, “Azolla: a review of its biology and utilization,” Botanical Review, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 1–26, 1997.
- J. K. Ladha, D. Dawe, T. S. Ventura, U. Singh, W. Ventura, and I. Watanabe, “Long-term effects of urea and green manure on rice yields and nitrogen balance,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 1993–2001, 2000.
- D. Casanova, J. Goudriaan, M. M. C. Forner, and J. C. M. Withagen, “Rice yield prediction from yield components and limiting factors,” European Journal of Agronomy, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 41–61, 2002.
- I. Watanabe, P. A. Roger, J. K. Ladha, and C. van Hove, Biofertilizer Germplasm Collections at IRRI, IRRI, Los Baños, Philippines, 1992.
- S. Sundaravarathan and S. Kannaiyan, “Mineralization pattern of nitrogen fixing green manures Sesbania rostrata and Azolla microphylla in wetland rice soil ecosystem and their effect on rice,” in Proceeding of National Workshop on Biofertilizers Technology, Recent Developments in Biofertilizers for Rice Based Cropping System, S. Kannaiyan, K. Kumar, and K. Govindarajan, Eds., pp. 149–168, Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, India, 2004.
- N. A. J. Gowda, A. S. Kumaraswamy, T. R. Guruprasad, and P. S. Herle, “Effect of Azolla biofertilizer on the growth and yield of rice in coastal Karnataka,” in Proceeding of National Workshop on Biofertilizers Technology, Recent Developments in Biofertilizers for Rice Based Cropping System, S. Kannaiyan, K. Kumar, and K. Govindarajan, Eds., pp. 198–201, Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, India, 2004.
- P. A. Roger, Biology and Management of the Floodwater Ecosystem in Rice Fields, IRRI, Los Baños, Philippines, 1996.
- M. Biswas, S. Parveen, H. Shimozawa, and N. Nakagoshi, “Effects of Azolla species on weed emergence in a rice paddy ecosystem,” Weed Biology and Management, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 176–183, 2005.